Online Baptist Community
  • Newest Sermon Entry

• By Jim_Alaska in Jim_Alaska's Sermons & Devotionals
      Closed Communion
      James Foley

I Corinthians 11:17-34: "Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's Supper. For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till he come. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come."

INTRODUCTION

Historic Baptists, true Baptists, have believed in and still believe in closed communion. Baptists impose upon themselves the same restrictions that they impose on others concerning the Lord’s Supper. Baptists have always insisted that it is the Lord’s Table, not theirs; and He alone has the right to say who shall sit at His table. No amount of so called brotherly love, or ecumenical spirit, should cause us to invite to His table those who have not complied with the requirements laid down plainly in His inspired Word. With respect to Bible doctrines we must always use the scripture as our guide and practice. For Baptists, two of the most important doctrines are Baptism and The Lord’s Supper. These are the only two doctrines we recognize as Church Ordinances. The Bible is very clear in teaching how these doctrines are to be practiced and by whom.

We only have two ordinances that we must never compromise or we risk our very existence, they are Baptism and The Lord’s Supper.

The moment we deviate from the precise method God has prescribed we have started down the slippery slope of error. True Baptists have held fast to the original doctrine of The Lord’s Supper from the time of Christ and the Apostles.

Unfortunately, in this day of what the Bible describes as the age of luke warmness, Baptists are becoming careless in regard to strictly following the pattern laid out for us in Scripture. Many of our Bible colleges are graduating otherwise sincere, Godly and dedicated pastors and teachers who have not been taught the very strict, biblical requirements that surround the Lord’s Supper. Any Bible college that neglects to teach its students the differences surrounding Closed Communion, Close Communion and Open Communion is not simply short changing its students; it is also not equipping their students to carry on sound Bible traditions. The result is men of God and churches that fall into error. And as we will see, this is serious error.

Should we as Baptists ignore the restrictions made by our Lord and Master? NO! When we hold to the restrictions placed upon the Lord’s Supper by our Master, we are defending the "faith which was once delivered to the saints" Jude 3.

The Lord’s Supper is rigidly restricted and I will show this in the following facts:

IT IS RESTRICTED AS TO PLACE

A. I Corinthians 11:18 says, "When ye come together in the church." This does not mean the church building; they had none. In other words, when the church assembles. The supper is to be observed by the church, in church capacity. Again this does not mean the church house. Ekklesia, the Greek word for church, means assembly. "When ye come together in the church," is when the church assembles.

B. When we say church we mean an assembly of properly baptized believers. Acts 2:41-42: "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers."

The church is made up of saved people who are baptized by immersion. In the Bible, belief precedes baptism. That’s the Bible way.

Acts 8:12-13, "But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done."

When we say properly baptized, we mean immersed. No unbeliever should take the Lord’s supper, and no non-immersed believer should take the supper. Those who are sprinkled are not baptized and cannot receive the supper. The Greek word for baptize is baptizo, and it always means to immerse.

"In every case where communion is referred to, or where it may possibly have been administered, the believers had been baptized Acts 2:42; 8:12; 8:38; 10:47; 6:14-15; 18:8; 20:7. Baptism comes before communion, just as repentance and faith precede baptism".

C. The Lord’s Supper is for baptized believers in church capacity: "When ye come together in the church," again not a building, but the assembly of the properly baptized believers.

D. The fact that the Lord’s Supper is a church ordinance, to be observed in church capacity, is pointed out by the fact that it is for those who have been immersed and added to the fellowship of the church.

E. The Lord’s Supper is never spoken of in connection with individuals. When it is referred to, it is only referred to in reference to baptized believers in local church capacity I Cor. 11:20-26).

I want to quote Dr. W.W. Hamilton,

"The individual administration of the ordinance has no Bible warrant and is a relic of Romanism. The Lord’s Supper is a church ordinance, and anything which goes beyond or comes short of this fails for want of scriptural example or command".

“The practice of taking a little communion kit to hospitals, nursing homes, etc. is unscriptural and does not follow the scriptural example.”

IT IS RESTRICTED TO A UNITED CHURCH

A. The Bible in I Cor. 11:18 is very strong in condemning divisions around the Lord’s table. For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
      19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
      20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.

There were no less than four divisions in the Corinthian church.
      I Cor. 1:12: "Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ."

Because of these divisions, it was impossible for them to scripturally eat the Lord’s Supper. Division in the local church is reason to hold off observing the Lord’s Supper. But there are also other reasons to forego taking the Lord’s Supper. If there is gross sin in the membership we do not take it. Here is scriptural evidence for this: 1Co 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us:
      8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
      10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

B. At this point, I want to ask these questions: Are there not doctrinal divisions among the many denominations? Is it not our doctrinal differences that cause us to be separate religious bodies?

IT IS RESTRICTED BY DOCTRINE

A. Those in the early church at Jerusalem who partook "continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine" Acts 2:42. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

B. Those that do not hold to apostolic truth are not to partake. This means there is to be discipline in the local body. How can you discipline those who do not belong to the local body? You can’t. The clear command of scripture is to withdraw fellowship from those who are not doctrinally sound.

II Thes 3:6: "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us."
      Rom. 16:17: "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."
      To commune together means to have the same doctrine.
      II Thes. 2:15: "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle."
      II John 10-11: "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."

C. Some Baptists in our day have watered down this doctrine by practicing what they call “Close Communion.” By this they mean that they believe that members of another Baptist church may take communion with us because they are of the same beliefs. Once again, this is unscriptural.

The welcome to the Lord's Table should not be extended beyond the discipline of the local church. When we take the Lord’s Supper there is supposed to be no gross sin among us and no divisions among us. We have no idea of the spiritual condition of another church’s members. If there is sin or division in the case of this other church’s members, we have no way of knowing it. We cannot discipline them because they are not members of our church. This is why we practice “Closed” communion, meaning it is restricted solely to our church membership. 
      So then, in closing I would like to reiterate the three different ideas concerning the Lord’s Supper and who is to take it. 
      Closed Communion = Only members of a single local church. 
      Close Communion = Members of like faith and order may partake. 
      Open Communion = If you claim to be a Christian, or simply attending the service, you may partake. 
      It is no small thing to attempt to change that which was implemented by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 
      Mt. 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. 
      Many of our Baptist churches have a real need to consider the gravity of the act of observing The Lord’s Supper. It is not a light thing that is to be taken casually or without regard to the spiritual condition of ourselves or our church.
      1Co. 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Are There Any Catholics On Here?

John Yurich

• Advanced Member
On 2017-6-23 at 5:26 PM, John Yurich said:

I was not growing in Christ but remaining still in Christ at the local Catholic parish because I chose not to get involved in any church activities at the local Catholic parish.

You never will grow with one foot in the RCC.

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

I helped pull some dear relatives out of the Roman Church several years ago. They now attend my Baptist church and reject all tenants of the Roman system of religion as practiced in the mass and purported by their dogma. I hope some day you will come to the full knowledge that you cannot serve Babel and Jesus Christ at the same time.

It sounds to me as if John Yurich is attempting to tell Roman Church members it is ok to be both as long as THEY REMAIN ROMAN CATHOLIC at heart.

• Members
9 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

I helped pull some dear relatives out of the Roman Church several years ago. They now attend my Baptist church and reject all tenants of the Roman system of religion as practiced in the mass and purported by their dogma. I hope some day you will come to the full knowledge that you cannot serve Babel and Jesus Christ at the same time.

It sounds to me as if John Yurich is attempting to tell Roman Church members it is ok to be both as long as THEY REMAIN ROMAN CATHOLIC at heart.

Praise God you were able to bring your family into the Truth. I come from a long line of Catholics and helped my own parents to become born again. Most of my relatives quietly left the RCC and joined different denominations.

There seems to be quite a bit of mixing law and grace going on today.Very difficult to leave a "works" theology church. I know of a Jewish lady who is roman catholic. She calls herself both a messianic Jew and a Hebrew Catholic. I think you are right about how some want to remain SOMETHING at heart. In her case she didn't want to lose her Jewishness.

For Catholics, it isn't just a religion, but a way of life.

• Members
4 hours ago, Invicta said:

I have just been watching a prgramme on yesterday channel called Forbidden History, about the vatican archives. They have 52miles of shelves of documents.  The Vatican is built on on pagan temples.  Osiris and Isis are integrated into Catholic saints.  Well we knew that, but I have not seen it said on TV before.  Some anti christians on there.  THey refer to Christians, not realising the the RCC church is not Christian, but pagan with and very thin Christian veneer.  Very interesting I don't know if you can get it oversseas but it is on  Uktvplay https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/forbidden-history/watch-online/?video=5453746319001

I'll have to check that out, thanks for posting the link. :)

I think the RCC is nothing more than satanism/Luciferianism in plain sight, as no real Bible-believing Christian indwelled with the Holy Spirit can be duped into believing it is Christian. 

In Luke, Jesus Christ HIMSELF sharply rebuked, (what I call) "the first 'Catholic'" :

"And it came to pass, as he (Jesus) spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it."   .....Luke 11:27-28

(The woman tried to praise Mary, but Jesus tells her "yea rather", meaning they that hear & keep God's Word are MORE blessed than Mary.)

I really believe the RCC despises the true Jesus of the Bible. I am NOT saying the average Catholic does, as I believe many are just born into the religion, are deceived and fear that leaving Catholicism means they are leaving their only perceived "chance" of making it to Heaven(they are brainwashed), which us who are saved know is not true.  But the actual institution & the Vatican, pope, and even most priests, KNOW EXACTLY how wicked it is. I mean, the pope is a Jesuit!

The pedophilia that runs rampant & swept under the rug is uncanny, and pope Benedict (and I believe, all popes) were/are top-ranking Freemasons:

benedict_aprondevilsign.jpeg

pope-gives-freemason-sign.jpg

sunworship.jpg

baalmonstrance.jpg

This fellow believes in the wrong Jesus and has not repented of his sins.  He needs to make repentance to God and put his trust in Jesus Christ (the Christ of the Bible).

The Catholic Jesus was not good enough to atone for man's sins and he is under Mary, in the RCC cult.  Both blasphemies.

The Holy Ghost burdened my heart and showed me the errors of Catholicism.  He would not let me rest until I removed my family from there and into a sound New Testament Church of the kind that Christ built and died for during his earthly ministry.

It was then that we began to really grow in grace and have our prayers answered by God through Christ and not by the devil.

• Members
3 hours ago, swathdiver said:

This fellow believes in the wrong Jesus and has not repented of his sins.  He needs to make repentance to God and put his trust in Jesus Christ (the Christ of the Bible).

The Catholic Jesus was not good enough to atone for man's sins and he is under Mary, in the RCC cult.  Both blasphemies.

The Holy Ghost burdened my heart and showed me the errors of Catholicism.  He would not let me rest until I removed my family from there and into a sound New Testament Church of the kind that Christ built and died for during his earthly ministry.

It was then that we began to really grow in grace and have our prayers answered by God through Christ and not by the devil.

That's what religion is: a system of works and man made traditions because Christ's atonement was (is) not enough according to them.

This is why Christianity is NOT a religion.

Praise God you left the RCC!

16 hours ago, BabeinChrist said:

Thanks for the photos.

Edited by TheSword1227

• Members
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, BabeinChrist said:

No, Pastor Steve teaches the false gospel of Lordship salvation(works).

I went to the website & I have concerns...

1. You claim it is Baptist, but "Baptist" is NOWHERE in the title. It is obviously non-denominational, ecumenical.

2. The statement of faith is that of a non-denominational church. Watered down, cookie cutter & not firm in beliefs.

3. They believe Hell is "eternal separation from God", but the Bible says it is a real, physical place of eternal torment in fire, where the unsaved go:

"So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.".......Matthew 13:49-50

That Evangelical Protestant Church I attend on Sunday mornings is listed in the local yellow pages under Baptist. Pastor Steve is an ordained Baptist minister and everybody in the congregation states that they are Baptist  and refers to that church as a Baptist church. Well everybody in Hell is eternally separated from God. Pastor Steve preaches about Hell and states it is a real, physical place of eternal torment in fire where the unsaved go. Pastor Steve preaches in his sermons the biblical doctrine of salvation that salvation comes through accepting Jesus as ones Savior and Lord. When  I met with  Pastor Steve in April to arrange the Baptism I was asked if I accepted Jesus as my Savior and Lord. And when I answered in the affirmative then Pastor Steve accepted that I was really saved and a proper candidate for Baptism. Listen to some of Pastor Steve's sermons on www. rolchastings.org to find out that he preaches the biblical doctrine of salvation to shut you up with your insanity that he does not preach the biblical doctrine of salvation.

• Members
7 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Hey dope, I have always believed in and worshiped the biblical and historical Jesus as God. And the Apostles and Nicene Creeds state "We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God". Does that sound like a false jesus? Only a dope believes the Catholic Church believes in and worships a false jesus and not the biblical and historical Jesus as God. I did  repent in November 1997 when I came under the prompting of the Holy Spirit to accept the biblical and historical Jesus as my Savior and Lord during an Altar Call at a Non Denominational Church. And after that moment I started to trust entirely in Jesus alone for salvation. And I was Baptized via immersion(as a public profession of faith that I gave my life to Christ) on 21 May of this year after worship at that Baptist church  I attend on Sunday mornings. I have a lady friend at that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings and her Catholic father accepted Jesus as his Savior and Lord before he passed away last December and thus went to Heaven. That lady friend also stated that she believes that her deceased Catholic father had worshiped the biblical and historical Jesus as God at his Catholic parish.

• Members
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, BabeinChrist said:

You said you are growing in Christ at the Baptist church, which (correct me if I'm wrong) suggests you were not growing in Christ at the RCC. 

So why not just leave the RCC altogether & make the Baptist church your church home?

Do you tithe at both?

Do you believe the King James Bible is the Word of God?

Does your church go soul winning, and if so, do you go knock doors with them?

i apologize for all the questions, I just do not understand how you can tolerate the unscriptural teachings that confront you at the RCC.

Finally, please explain exactly WHICH teachings of the RCC do you believe are biblical? Because certainly, if the RCC actually BELIEVED in the sinless life, death, burial AND bodily ressurrection of Christ Jesus, they would NOT attempt to bring Him back down in Mass.

it just doesn't add up.

My take on the RCC is that it is an idolatrous, works-based, man-made false religion with its OWN scriptures(not based on the Word of God) it's OWN head(the pope), its OWN rules & bizarre rituals that resemble witchcraft & center eerily around death, as evidenced by their worship of dead body parts (relics):

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Answering more of the questions from above. Since I am at present only on the membership roll of  the local Catholic parish then I give money every Saturday. But since I am at present not on the membership roll of that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings then I only put a nickel in the collection plate 2 times a month. But after I take membership preparation class at the Baptist church and become a member a member than I will give money every Sunday. I accept the King James Version as the Word of God just like I accept the Catholic Version as the Word of God. No that Baptist Church does not go door to door but they have Gospel Tracts available to leave around  town. I do my witnessing via written communication on discussion forums by telling Catholics and others that the only way of becoming saved is by accepting Jesus as ones Savior and Lord and putting ones trust entirely in Him alone for salvation. The scriptural Catholic doctrines and parts of the Mass are the Bible as the inspired and infallible Word of God, that Jesus is God Incarnate, that Jesus was Crucified, in the Resurrection of Jesus, the Sign of the Cross, the Apostles and Nicene Creeds, the Gloria(prayer to the Holy Trinity), prayers to Jesus, the Lord's Prayer, the words of Jesus from the Last Supper.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, John Yurich said:

Answering more of the questions from above. Since I am at present only on the membership roll of  the local Catholic parish then I give money every Saturday. But since I am at present not on the membership roll of that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings then I only put a nickel in the collection plate 2 times a month. But after I take membership preparation class at the Baptist church and become a member a member than I will give money every Sunday. I accept the King James Version as the Word of God just like I accept the Catholic Version as the Word of God. No that Baptist Church does not go door to door but they have Gospel Tracts available to leave around  town. I do my witnessing via written communication on discussion forums by telling Catholics and others that the only way of becoming saved is by accepting Jesus as ones Savior and Lord and putting ones trust entirely in Him alone for salvation. The scriptural Catholic doctrines and parts of the Mass are the Bible as the inspired and infallible Word of God, that Jesus is God Incarnate, that Jesus was Crucified, in the Resurrection of Jesus, the Sign of the Cross, the Apostles and Nicene Creeds, the Gloria(prayer to the Holy Trinity), prayers to Jesus, the Lord's Prayer, the words of Jesus from the Last Supper.

I am sorry but you are a mixed up fellow. How can you call yourself a baptist when you give money to the false Catholic church.  The geat harlot of the book of Revelation. 

4 hours ago, John Yurich said:

But since I am at present not on the membership roll of that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings then I only put a nickel in the collection plate 2 times a month.

John, I still haven't decided if you're for real or not.

Understand, when I see some of the things that you post, it appears that you are being subtle (and at other times, completely transparent) in what you're trying to convey...as though you are trying to mock certain aspects of what you perceive that Baptists believe...from such topics as guns, to homeschooling, to raising children, to theology...

At the same time, I don't want to cause you any harm if you're sincere.

Take the quote from you above...it very much reminds me of a saying; which is, ...

I wouldn't give you a nickel for _________.

Which basically means that something is worthless in the view of the one saying it.

NoNics said:

"As a side note:

There was also a Dave-W on one of those other forums! Dave...you've got some explaining to do!  :laugh:"

I am a member of only one other "christian forum" and that is largely inactive.

The only other fora I am registered with are a number of car specific sites to help me keep my mighty Cruiser cruising and my zippy Neon zipping.

So I don't know who that is, but it isn't me.

And here's me thinking I was the only DaveW in the whole world!

:laugh:

33 minutes ago, DaveW said:

NoNics said:

"As a side note:

There was also a Dave-W on one of those other forums! Dave...you've got some explaining to do!  :laugh:"

I am a member of only one other "christian forum" and that is largely inactive.

The only other fora I am registered with are a number of car specific sites to help me keep my mighty Cruiser cruising and my zippy Neon zipping.

So I don't know who that is, but it isn't me.

And here's me thinking I was the only DaveW in the whole world!

:laugh:

...and if anyone runs across another "No Nicolaitans" anywhere...it's not me!!!

I belong to a couple of other Linux forums, but I use a different name on all forums that I'm a member of.

...harder for people to investigate you that way!  :laugh:

• Moderators

John, John, John, you are a sad and confused fellow. If you cannot see the difference between the Catholic emasculated, effeminate 'Jesus' )who is perpetually hanging on a cross, a Jesus that cannot save outside of the Catholic organization and the sacraments, a Jesus who is daily placed in an idolatrous monstrance and displayed as a cookie for all to bow to, a Jesus who is only a co-redeemer with his mother), and the Jesus of the Bible, (who is alone able to save, who is received by grace through faith alone, outside of ANY church, who would not even call His earthly mother, "Mother", but called her 'Woman', to show she held no authority over Him, the Jesus who made one sacrifice for sin for all time and is sitting at the right hand of the father in Glory, Himself alone the only Advocate and Redeemer, who went to the cross one, and is risen and in Glory, no longer on the cross), then you are truly not a saved man, or at least has not repented of your rebellion against the Lord's command to mark those who cause divisions contrary to the true doctrines of the Bible, and avoid them.

John, you need to get right with God, get out of the ungoldy Catholic insitution, get out from the Laodicean-style non-judgmental evangelical church and seek a church that will preach the truth of the Bible.  

• Members
23 hours ago, John Yurich said:

That Evangelical Protestant Church I attend on Sunday mornings is listed in the local yellow pages under Baptist. Pastor Steve is an ordained Baptist minister and everybody in the congregation states that they are Baptist  and refers to that church as a Baptist church. Well everybody in Hell is eternally separated from God. Pastor Steve preaches about Hell and states it is a real, physical place of eternal torment in fire where the unsaved go. Pastor Steve preaches in his sermons the biblical doctrine of salvation that salvation comes through accepting Jesus as ones Savior and Lord. When  I met with  Pastor Steve in April to arrange the Baptism I was asked if I accepted Jesus as my Savior and Lord. And when I answered in the affirmative then Pastor Steve accepted that I was really saved and a proper candidate for Baptism. Listen to some of Pastor Steve's sermons on www. rolchastings.org to find out that he preaches the biblical doctrine of salvation to shut you up with your insanity that he does not preach the biblical doctrine of salvation.

No need to be hostile.

I am only going off information found on his church website's statement of faith.

it means nothing if he's listed as a "Baptist" church in the yellow pages. 

Its the lack of Baptist identification in his statement of faith(which HE provided) & the lack of the Word "Baptist" in his church's chosen name. 

Also, salvation is by grace through faith ALONE in Jesus Christ. Professing Jesus as Savior & BELIEVING ON Him ALONE for payment of your sins isn't the same thing.

When I got baptized my Pastor asked first if I was sure if I died right then(before being baptized), did I KNOW I would go to Heaven.

I said, "Yes sir, absolutely".

He said, "why do you think you deserve to go to Heaven?" 

Me: "I don't deserve it, if God threw me in Hell, He would be perfectly just, because I am a sinner"

Pastor: "Then why are you sure you'll go to Heaven?"

Me: "Because I received salvation already.  Once I understood the Gospel it was like a light came on  & I realized that Jesus really DID pay for my sins, because He didn't have any sin of His own to pay for, so He paid for mine, yours...everyone's. And when God raised Jesus up from the dead 3 days later, that proves God will also raise me up to Heaven too"

Pastor: "Will God take away your salvation if , say, God forbid, you go out & steal a car or become an alcoholic?"

(At this point I was wondering if he was asking me a trick question or messing with my head, but in hindsight I understand why he asked)

Me: "No, I already have it. I didn't do anything to earn it & I can't do anything to keep it or lose it. I just know He gave it to me forever, and I will always have it now."

Pastor: "Amen"

Then he baptized me.

i realize now he was making sure I really BELIEVED, & wasn't just going through the motions, or mistakenly thinking the baptism could save me.

Edited by BabeinChrist
typo-I meant "a light came on", NOT went off

• Members
53 minutes ago, BabeinChrist said:

No need to be hostile.

I am only going off information found on his church website's statement of faith.

it means nothing if he's listed as a "Baptist" church in the yellow pages. 

Its the lack of Baptist identification in his statement of faith(which HE provided) & the lack of the Word "Baptist" in his church's chosen name. 

Also, salvation is by grace through faith ALONE in Jesus Christ. Professing Jesus as Savior & BELIEVING ON Him ALONE for payment of your sins isn't the same thing.

When I got baptized my Pastor asked first if I was sure if I died right then(before being baptized), did I KNOW I would go to Heaven.

I said, "Yes sir, absolutely".

He said, "why do you think you deserve to go to Heaven?" 

Me: "I don't deserve it, if God threw me in Hell, He would be perfectly just, because I am a sinner"

Pastor: "Then why are you sure you'll go to Heaven?"

Me: "Because I received salvation already.  Once I understood the Gospel a light went off & I realized that Jesus really DID pay for my sins, because He didn't have any sin of His own to pay for, so He paid for mine, yours...everyone's. And when God raised Jesus up from the dead 3 days later, that proves God will also raise me up to Heaven too"

Pastor: "Will God take away your salvation if , say, God forbid, you go out & steal a car or become an alcoholic?"

(At this point I was wondering if he was asking me a trick question or messing with my head, but in hindsight I understand why he asked)

Me: "No, I already have it. I didn't do anything to earn it & I can't do anything to keep it or lose it. I just know He gave it to me forever, and I will always have it now."

Pastor: "Amen"

Then he baptized me.

i realize now he was making sure I really BELIEVED, & wasn't just going through the motions, or mistakenly thinking the baptism could save me.

Pastor Steve of River of Life Church where I attend on Sunday mornings preaches that salvation comes by grace through faith alone in Jesus. Listen to some of his sermons on that website www.rolchastings.org and he preaches the biblical doctrine of salvation. I have an Independent Baptist guy friend who stated he accepted Jesus as his Savior and Lord during an Altar Call at his Independent Baptist Church when he was 12 years old and was Baptized via immersion at his Independent Baptist Church. His Independent Baptist minister asked him the same question that I was asked before he was Baptized and that is did he accept Jesus as his Personal Savior and Lord. On the website rolchastings.org it states "River of Life Church is a fellowship of believers in Jesus Christ. We seek to follow Him and bring glory to God. Our purpose is to tell people the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ and help them grow into faithful followers of Him.".

• Members
23 hours ago, John Yurich said:

Hey dope, I have always believed in and worshiped the biblical and historical Jesus as God. And the Apostles and Nicene Creeds state "We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God". Does that sound like a false jesus? Only a dope believes the Catholic Church believes in and worships a false jesus and not the biblical and historical Jesus as God. I did  repent in November 1997 when I came under the prompting of the Holy Spirit to accept the biblical and historical Jesus as my Savior and Lord during an Altar Call at a Non Denominational Church. And after that moment I started to trust entirely in Jesus alone for salvation. And I was Baptized via immersion(as a public profession of faith that I gave my life to Christ) on 21 May of this year after worship at that Baptist church  I attend on Sunday mornings. I have a lady friend at that Baptist church I attend on Sunday mornings and her Catholic father accepted Jesus as his Savior and Lord before he passed away last December and thus went to Heaven. That lady friend also stated that she believes that her deceased Catholic father had worshiped the biblical and historical Jesus as God at his Catholic parish.

That reprobate Bergoglio ('pope' Francis) said Jesus life ended "in failure.  The failure of the cross".  After I saw & read that -- I admit -- I have HATED Francis ever since. 

(See video link below)

Only a devil could utter such blasphemy, ingratitude & rejection of the Saviour.  

John, if you can watch this clip & still remain in the RCC, you should not be here.  Otherwise....RUN   as fast & far from the RCC & do not look back.

Edited by BabeinChrist
fixed video link