• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are There Any Catholics On Here?

• Members
37 minutes ago, John Yurich said:

I have not and will not share my beliefs with any of the church members of River of Life Church(where I attend on Sunday mornings).

If you thought your pastor's knowledge of your Catholic church membership would affect his decision to let you become a member of this baptist church, would you tell him?

And as for the Catholic church you attend, at some point you went through a fairly lengthy process of becoming a member that involved signing up to a load of doctrines, yes? If the vicar/head priest--whatever his title is--found out that you have since rejected half those doctrines, would that affect your membership and freedom to take communion in that Catholic church?

Obviously the main thing I'm asking is, do you believe you're keeping information from the heads of your respective churches that they would want to know? Regardless of the reason--I get it you've said you're a private person--but would they want to know in your opinion?

• Moderators

So, essentially, you're lying to the leadership of BOTH churches, in order to live this double live that would get you kicked out of both. You don't see something wrong with all this? Christianity is about ending mysteries, not adding to them.  Ye cannot eat at the table of the Lord and the table of devils, yet this is what you're doing, and willingly, knowingly. You say you attend the mass-do you partake of the Eucahrist ceremony?

• Members
On 6/20/2017 at 5:19 PM, TheSword1227 said:

You have a point about a born again believer not remaining in the roman catholic church. However, many do just that. Will they lose their salvation? No, but they probably won't grow much spiritually.

Some people, like Catholics, Mormons, etc get saved but choose to remain in that church for the sake of witnessing to others. I believe that's what the apostle Paul did. He would visit synagogues for the purpose of winning over the Jews.

The interesting thing is, Billy Graham would tell folks who came up front to receive Christ as Savior,  to go back to their churches. Why? Who knows.

Billy Graham is a false prophet, and a wolf in shepherds clothing and a Vatican puppet.

• Members
19 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

There is nothing scriptural about the Catholic church. You can protest all day long that there is, but one of two things: you are very unlearned in scripture, or you are spoofing us.

River of Life may have begun as a Baptist church, but it has done what far too many churches have: they've joined the emergent church movement. This is likely why you are comfortable in both the RCC and this church.

It is false that River of Life Church has joined the emergent church movement because Pastor Steve spoke out against the emergent church movement in one of his sermons. And in the yellow pages of the telephone book in the town where River of Life Church is located and where I reside River of Life Church is listed under Baptist churches. And everybody there from Pastor Steve to everybody in the congregation states they are Baptists and that River of Life Church is a Baptist church. I feel comfortable attending River of Life Church because Pastor Steve preaches the biblical doctrine of salvation. Listen to some of his sermons on the website and you will find out that he preaches the biblical doctrine of salvation. The website also states they preach the biblical doctrine of salvation. So there is nothing scriptural about the Catholic Church ? The doctrine that Jesus is God is not scriptural? The doctrine that the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God is not scriptural? The doctrines that Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead are not scriptural? So there are no scriptural parts of the Mass? Readings from the Bible are not scriptural? The Apostles and Nicene Creeds are not scriptural? Prayers to Jesus are not scriptural? The Gloria Prayer(prayer to the Holy Trinity) is not scriptural? The Lord's Prayer is not scriptural? the words of Jesus from the Last  Supper are not scriptural?

• Members

John,

The fact that the RCC has some things right doesn't negate where they are wrong.

Did you know that Adolph Hitler actually did some good things? Sure he did.

1. He rescued Germany's economy and had no unemployment.
  2. He was the first to pass environmental protection laws.
  3. He protected wildlife.
  4. He gave citizens free public health care.
  5. He gave citizens a free radio (that was a big deal back then).
  6. He completely removed Germany from any influence from international banking, created their own currency, and created their own public banking system that was completely out of the control of international bankers.

Now...knowing the good things Hitler did, would you align yourself with Hitler and Nazism...or would the bad things that Hitler did still give you the greater concern?

• Members

I spent 18 years in the Roman Catholic church. In all that time I was Bible illiterate. I never grew spiritually. I just went through the motions because that's what was expected. We were all like sheep with our "vain repetitions."

Then I met some Christians and was invited to a Bible study. That was an eye opener for me and I was changed forever. I never went back to the RCC.

No, you can't be Catholic and a Baptist, or a  Methodist, or Pentecostal, etc etc. You can't mix "works" with grace. You can't mix Truth with error. You have to have the right foundation. If one's foundation is faulty, most every thing else that comes out of it will be faulty too.

• Members
2 minutes ago, TheSword1227 said:

I spent 18 years in the Roman Catholic church. In all that time I was Bible illiterate. I never grew spiritually. I just went through the motions because that's what was expected. We were all like sheep with our "vain repetitions."

Then I met some Christians and was invited to a Bible study. That was an eye opener for me and I was changed forever. I never went back to the RCC.

No, you can't be Catholic and a Baptist, or a  Methodist, or Pentecostal, etc etc. You can't mix "works" with grace. You can't mix Truth with error. You have to have the right foundation. If one's foundation is faulty, most every thing else that comes out of it will be faulty too.

I was raised by Catholic parents to read the Bible almost every day. I know the outline of the Bible so well that I can go any book in the Bible within a matter of seconds. I was also raised by Catholic parents from the age of 8 to watch the Billy Graham Crusades on Television to learn the Evangelical Protestant doctrine of salvation. I don't mix works and grace. I don't mix truth with error. If I attend the local Catholic parish on Saturday's and the local Baptist church(where I was Baptized via immersion on 21 May as a public profession of faith that I gave my life to Christ) on Sunday mornings then I am both Catholic and Baptist.

• Members
20 hours ago, Alimantado said:

If you thought your pastor's knowledge of your Catholic church membership would affect his decision to let you become a member of this baptist church, would you tell him?

And as for the Catholic church you attend, at some point you went through a fairly lengthy process of becoming a member that involved signing up to a load of doctrines, yes? If the vicar/head priest--whatever his title is--found out that you have since rejected half those doctrines, would that affect your membership and freedom to take communion in that Catholic church?

Obviously the main thing I'm asking is, do you believe you're keeping information from the heads of your respective churches that they would want to know? Regardless of the reason--I get it you've said you're a private person--but would they want to know in your opinion?

I would not tell my Baptist pastor of my membership in the Catholic Church. And I was Baptized and raised Catholic from the time I was born and thus I am not a Catholic convert. I don't believe that if the priest found out that I reject some Catholic doctrines that I would be prohibited from receiving Holy Communion in the Catholic Church. I do not know if the priest and pastor would want to know certain information about my beliefs.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, John Yurich said:

I would not tell my Baptist pastor of my membership in the Catholic Church. And I was Baptized and raised Catholic from the time I was born and thus I am not a Catholic convert. I don't believe that if the priest found out that I reject some Catholic doctrines that I would be prohibited from receiving Holy Communion in the Catholic Church. I do not know if the priest and pastor would want to know certain information about my beliefs.

So you partake of their 'holy communion', knowing full well it represents a false Jesus, and in fact, the very wafer you eat is a false idol, dedicated to a false idol?

• Members
20 minutes ago, Ukulelemike said:

So you partake of their 'holy communion', knowing full well it represents a false Jesus, and in fact, the very wafer you eat is a false idol, dedicated to a false idol?

How many times does this have to be stated? The Jesus the Catholic Church believes in and worships is not a false Jesus but is the biblical and historical Jesus. The Apostles and Nicene Creeds state "We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God". Does that sound like a false Jesus? And when I receive the bread and the chalice of wine during Mass I do not believe  the Catholic doctrine of Holy Communion. I accept the Lutheran doctrine of Holy Communion instead. And when I receive the bread and  the chalice of wine during Mass I believe I am receiving Holy Communion the way the Lutheran Church teaches and not the way the Catholic Church teaches. I also accept the Baptist teaching on the Holy Communion. I have received Holy Communion about 5 times at River of Life Church since I started attending there last September.

Edited by John Yurich
Addition of 2 more sentences.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, John Yurich said:

How many times does this have to be stated? The Jesus the Catholic Church believes in and worships is not a false Jesus but is the biblical and historical Jesus. The Apostles and Nicene Creeds state "We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God". Does that sound like a false Jesus? And when I receive the bread and the chalice of wine during Mass I do not believe  the Catholic doctrine of Holy Communion. I accept the Lutheran doctrine of Holy Communion instead. And when I receive the bread and  the chalice of wine during Mass I believe I am receiving Holy Communion the way the Lutheran Church teaches and not the way the Catholic Church teaches. I also accept the Baptist teaching on the Holy Communion. I have received Holy Communion about 5 times at River of Life Church since I started attending there last September.

Regardless of what YOU believe, their table is a table of devils. Their Jesus is that little wafer-and that is not the Jesus of the Bible. What part of that do you not understand? How long will you remain willingly blind and ignorant of the truth that is so clearly laid before you? To partake of the Lord's Supper unworthily is to be gullty of the body and the blood of the Lord, and this, sir, is taking it unworthily. If you believe the Catholic 'Jesus" is the Jesus of the Bible, even as they uphold a wafer in a monstrance and declare it to the Lord Jesus Christ, you, sir, are ignorant as to who Jesus really is. "Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified..." (Lev 10:3). God is to be approached and worshipped in a sanctified manner: the worship of the RCC is false worship, idolatry, paganism, and a true Christian will be repelled by it.

You need to repent of your rebellion against God, "for I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity."