• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are There Any Catholics On Here?

• Members

I am a Catholic who attends the local Catholic parish on Saturday Vigil Mass. I also attend the local Baptist Church on Sunday mornings where I was Baptized via immersion(as a public profession of faith that I gave my life to Christ some 20 years ago) on 21 May 2017. I am both Catholic and Baptist as the result of having been Baptized via immersion at that Baptist Church. In the fall I will take membership preparation class in order to become a member of that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday mornings.

• Members

With all due respect you cannot be both.  The Catholic mass is a scarifice where the 'priest' offers Christ as a sacrifice again and again. Scripture says "Christ died once and for all'

Heb 10:10  By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

If you were baptised on just those two questions the pastor was in error.  You should have given a personal testimony which should have been also given yo the church.  You should also have given evidence that you had left you past life, which you obviously haven't. 

"The mass is a blasphemous fable and a dangerous deceipt."  One of The Anglican 59 articles.

Edited by Invicta

• Members
3 hours ago, Invicta said:

With all due respect you cannot be both.  The Catholic mass is a scarifice where the 'priest' offers Christ as a sacrifice again and again. Scripture says "Christ died once and for all'

Heb 10:10  By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

If you were baptised on just those two questions the pastor was in error.  You should have given a personal testimony which should have been also given yo the church.  You should also have given evidence that you had left you past life, which you obviously haven't. 

"The mass is a blasphemous fable and a dangerous deceipt."  One of The Anglican 59 articles.

Excellent post

Although I may not be in 100% agreement with the baptism pre-reqs, I understand what you are saying:

Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 36And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

**This does however indicate to me that Philip took the man's word for it. Perhaps we should ask the right question....

Edited by wretched

• Moderators
6 hours ago, John Yurich said:

I am a Catholic who attends the local Catholic parish on Saturday Vigil Mass. I also attend the local Baptist Church on Sunday mornings where I was Baptized via immersion(as a public profession of faith that I gave my life to Christ some 20 years ago) on 21 May 2017. I am both Catholic and Baptist as the result of having been Baptized via immersion at that Baptist Church. In the fall I will take membership preparation class in order to become a member of that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday mornings.

You "gave your life to Christ" 20 yrs ago. 10 people might define that 6-10 different ways. What do you mean? How does that work? If someone came to you and said, "Hey how can I get all my sins forgiven?", what would you tell them?

Yes, I asked 3 separate questions.

• Members

Back in the 1950s, I think it was, Ian Paisly attended a depate at the Oxford Union during which he held up a Catholic wafer and said "This is the Roman Catholi god".  He got a lost of abuse for that, but Chiniquy (sp?) in his 50 years in the church of Rome, twive refers to the consecrated wafer as the "Bon Dieu, the good god". He mentios the the "Bon Dieu," was onve lost in the snow when taking it to parihioners in the winter and another time when it was dropped in a babies potty.  What sort of God was that?

This god also demands human sacrifices Many of the martyrs were asked one question. "Do you believe there is a real prescence in the mass?"  If they answered "No" then they were burnt to death.

I have a question for you, "Do you believe there is a real prescence in the mass?"

Edited by Invicta

• Members
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:41 PM, Invicta said:

Naturally I reject and repudiate the false Catholic doctrine that the Mass is a sacrifice. I also reject and repudiate all the other false Catholic doctrines and the false parts of the Mass. I adhere only to the scriptural Catholic doctrines and I only participate in the scriptural parts of the Mass.  When I met with that Baptist Pastor in April to arrange for the Baptism I was asked 2 questions: (1)Did I accept Jesus as my Savior and Lord? and (2)Did I trust entirely in Jesus alone for salvation? And when I answered in the affirmative to both questions than that Baptist Pastor was satisfied that I was really saved and a proper candidate for Baptism via immersion. And before I was Baptized via immersion in front of a crowd I was asked those 2 questions again. On the day of the Baptism during worship at that Baptist church I attend on Sunday morning I went up front and before the congregation I gave my testimony of how I got saved. I stated that in November 1997 I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to accept Jesus as my Savior and Lord and to trust entirely in Him alone for salvation during an Altar Call that was given during a Wild Game Feed at a Non Denominational Church. There are several individuals who attend that Baptist Church that I attend who attend 2 different churches. I am both Catholic and Baptist since I attend both the Catholic and Baptist Churches.

• Members
17 hours ago, Invicta said:

Back in the 1950s, I think it was, Ian Paisly attended a depate at the Oxford Union during which he held up a Catholic wafer and said "This is the Roman Catholi god".  He got a lost of abuse for that, but Chiniquy (sp?) in his 50 years in the church of Rome, twive refers to the consecrated wafer as the "Bon Dieu, the good god". He mentios the the "Bon Dieu," was onve lost in the snow when taking it to parihioners in the winter and another time when it was dropped in a babies potty.  What sort of God was that?

This god also demands human sacrifices Many of the martyrs were asked one question. "Do you believe there is a real prescence in the mass?"  If they answered "No" then they were burnt to death.

I have a question for you, "Do you believe there is a real prescence in the mass?"

Of course I do not believe in the Catholic doctrine of the real presence. I accept the Lutheran doctrine of Holy Communion which states that Jesus is present in, with and under the bread and wine. I also accept the Baptist doctrine of Holy Communion.

• Members
3 hours ago, John Yurich said:

Of course I do not believe in the Catholic doctrine of the real presence. I accept the Lutheran doctrine of Holy Communion which states that Jesus is present in, with and under the bread and wine. I also accept the Baptist doctrine o

4 hours ago, John Yurich said:

Naturally I reject and repudiate the false Catholic doctrine that the Mass is a sacrifice. I also reject and repudiate all the other false Catholic doctrines and the false parts of the Mass. I adhere only to the scriptural Catholic doctrines and I only participate in the scriptural parts of the Mass.  When I met with that Baptist Pastor in April to arrange for the Baptism I was asked 2 questions: (1)Did I accept Jesus as my Savior and Lord? and (2)Did I trust entirely in Jesus alone for salvation? And when I answered in the affirmative to both questions than that Baptist Pastor was satisfied that I was really saved and a proper candidate for Baptism via immersion. And before I was Baptized via immersion in front of a crowd I was asked those 2 questions again. On the day of the Baptism during worship at that Baptist church I attend on Sunday morning I went up front and before the congregation I gave my testimony of how I got saved. I stated that in November 1997 I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to accept Jesus as my Savior and Lord and to trust entirely in Him alone for salvation during an Altar Call that was given during a Wild Game Feed at a Non Denominational Church. There are several individuals who attend that Baptist Church that I attend who attend 2 different churches. I am both Catholic and Baptist since I attend both the Catholic and Baptist Churches.

That would not qualify you for baptism in our church.  I stated our position.  When you are saved you leave your past life behind.  It seems you are trying to take it with you..  The scdipture says "Come out of her my people."

Edited by Invicta

• Members
5 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Invicta, That passage from scripture "Come out of her my people" is not required for salvation and entering Heaven.  The only requirement for salvation and entering Heaven is to embrace Jesus as ones Savior and Lord and trust entirely in Him alone for salvation. That is Baptist teaching. In the fall I will take membership preparation class during Adult Sunday School on Sunday mornings at that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday mornings to become a member of that Baptist Church. After finishing the membership preparation class I will then be presented to the congregation and the elders to become a member of that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday morning. I then will be a member of both a Catholic and Baptist Church.

• Members
19 hours ago, John Yurich said:

Naturally I reject and repudiate the false Catholic doctrine that the Mass is a sacrifice. I also reject and repudiate all the other false Catholic doctrines and the false parts of the Mass. 

John,

I'm not asking you to answer this publicly here on the forum, but ask yourself why you would continue being a part of the RCC while you know they have false doctrines that you reject and repudiate.

What is THE reason that you stay? 

• Members
1 hour ago, Alimantado said:

If you pull that off, you may as well try for Mormon Church membership too, hey even Scientology.

That is so ridiculous. I would never want to attend or even be a member of the Cults of Mormonism and Scientology since they don't worship Jesus as God. But since the Catholic Church worships Jesus as God than it is not a Cult. A Cult is a religious organization and does not worship Jesus as God. That is the definition of a Cult that I got from the late Presbyterian minister D. James Kennedy of Florida.