• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is the KJVO "movement" dying?

• Administrators

Thank you for mentioning Rodgers Baptist Church bro. Alan. This was the sending church for the mission work in Alaska that became the church I was saved in. I have always wondered why this church and its pastor have not got more mention on Online Baptist. They are a well known church and responsible for many missionary plantings.

The late bro. James Dearmore was a missionary to Africa out of this church for many productive years, he was also a dear, personal friend of mine.

• Members
6 hours ago, Alan said:

1. Pastor Ron Thomas, Rodges Baptist Church, Garland, TX, is a larger church that  love the Lord and has stayed true to the faith once delivered to the saints. They are able to have an extensive website with an extensive  audio and YouTube ministry to help those  who desire to listen to a good ministry over the internet.

Here is the link to their media ministry: http://www.rodgersbaptist.net/media/

2. The "Gospel Web," created by missionary James Dearmore, is a more extensive ministry with written articles concerning many different subjects, sermons, and issues. He also has a link to other fine IFB churches and ministries. 

Here is the link to the Gospel Web: http://www.gospelweb.net/mainindex.htm

As brother John Young and Old Fashioned Preacher mentioned, there are a lot of fine IFB churches still in America today. So often they are in the limelight. In fact, even some of the bigger ones like Rodgers Baptist Chruch are relatively unknown due to the fact they have a good spirit about their ministry, they do not create controversial issues to attract attention, they have not compromised the doctrines of the scriptures, they believe and practice in soul winning, are strong KJV, and have a sincere love for people.

Thanks Alan, appreciate it. I have never heard of any of these that you have mentioned. Will definitely look into these. My home church is 1000 kms away so and my wife and I are probably the only KJB believers in our town. Though I tell the truth to anyone who will listen none do these days

14 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Since Brother Alan specifically mentioned me, I will present the information for the website of the church over which the Holy Spirit has called me to pastor.  To be clear - I pastor a small country church in a small village within the Thumb area of Michigan, nothing of popular importance.

www.melvinbaptistchurch.com 

(Note: I struggled a bit with presenting this information because I do not desire to push myself forward in any manner.  Please receive this information in the spirit with which it was delivered.)

Appreciate your candor Brother Scott

• Members

I have used the signature on some of those Bible corrector websites, and got some pretty good responses from people that are confused but looking for the right answers.

What do Bible correctors and Mormons have in common?
Article #8 of the Mormon Articles of Faith:
"We believe the Bible to be the Word of God in so far as it is translated correctly."

• Members
On 12/26/2018 at 5:07 PM, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Since Brother Alan specifically mentioned me, I will present the information for the website of the church over which the Holy Spirit has called me to pastor.  To be clear - I pastor a small country church in a small village within the Thumb area of Michigan, nothing of popular importance.

www.melvinbaptistchurch.com 

(Note: I struggled a bit with presenting this information because I do not desire to push myself forward in any manner.  Please receive this information in the spirit with which it was delivered.)

Listened to some of your sermons yesterday. Such a blessing. Thank you