• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is the KJVO "movement" dying?

• Members
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:49 PM, BroMatt said:

Right now, there are more KJV Churches in Connecticut than when I was a kid. I'm not saying that they are all good Churches, but there does seem to be a surge in KJV Churches in New England.

Matt,

You are correct about New England, but I will tell you the Bible Belt is dying fast. in a 30 mile radius of my home, there are about 100 Independent Baptist Churches and I would say that 1 or 2 preach the Word of God and neither of them are "Alive'

Winston Salem was the same way. Over 100 IFB churches and I can count on 1 hand the number of churches that are not dead.

There are more good churches in CT, than there are around me.

• 9 months later...
  • Members
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:00 AM, Gorship said:

I ask this for your opinions, thoughts, and insights.

I sometimes post on another board and (hopefully its ok) I would like to link a thread that is going on over there. NOT so that we can all march over there and say "huzzah! you're wrong!" but rather I would like to have this discussion on here. I will probably be starting another thread I would like to get some more opinions on that is in tandem to this thread but worthy of a secondary set of thought patterns.

Without futher ado this is the link:

Click me! 

So the thread there is pretty simple: 

Apparently DBS is "Fractured" due to Riplingers divorces (although Dean burgeon has been a TR-Only group not  KJVO group but anyway)
Ruckman has passed away
Steven Anderson is a menace (which I don't disagree with)
Etc..

Do you see the KJB issue still in full force or not?

Just a novice here, but I would not call the KJVO a movement, it has been the foundational Bible  long before the  other existing versions.  

• 1 month later...
  • Members
45 minutes ago, 2Tim215 said:

... constant in fighting, slandering, and arrogance of most IFB pastors is what is killing the KJB only to a certain degree.

I would say that the majority of IFB pastors are actually humbly and quietly working and serving in their local areas and are mostly model Christians (There are over 6,000 IFB preachers in America). Its the very few public, limelight teachers (many not even pasotrs or IFB) that spread most of the contention that I have seen which give that impression to the masses who see their bad spirit. And conversely the same attitude in those of the Non-KJB limlight teachers do not help matters any.

Edited by John Young

• Members
7 minutes ago, John Young said:

I would say that the majority of IFB pastors are actually humbly and quietly working and serving in their local areas and are mostly model Christians (There are over 6,000 IFB preachers in America). Its the very few public, limelight teachers (many not even pasotrs or IFB) that spread most of the contention that I have seen which give that impression to the masses who see their bad spirit. And conversely the same attitude in those of the Non-KJB limlight teachers do not help matters any.

Sadly for us who do not reside in the States where the KJB and IFB are strong we only see those in the limelight and on the web and I must say that it doesn't paint a pretty picture. I am blessed though that I have enough understanding and knowledge now that I can ignore it and sift through for what I need. So far I have only found one consistent online preacher who does not play that game.

• Members
20 minutes ago, John Young said:

I agree with John Young. There are still a lot of humble IFB pastors, working hard, feeding the flock, working in the limelight, serving the Lord, have not compromised, and are staying faithful. 

• Members
Just now, Alan said:

I agree with John Young. There are still a lot of humble IFB pastors, working hard, feeding the flock, working in the limelight, serving the Lord, have not compromised, and are staying faithful. 

Mind messaging me a few names that I can check out?

• Members
15 minutes ago, 2Tim215 said:

Mind messaging me a few names that I can check out?

I was just about to leave when I noticed this. As I know you are in South Africa I will have to send you some with a church website. Most of the smaller churches do not have a website so I will have to find some of the larger churches that have a website. Tomorrow morning I will send you a private message with some men.

Off the top of my head, here on OnLineBaptist, John Young  is a pastor of a smaller church that has some sermons that he uploaded onto OnLineBaptist, Pastor Scott Markle has a website with a lot of fine sermons you can download and books that he has on his church website, Matt (the owner of OnLineBaptist), has a church website, Jim Alaska has a link to his home church, Old Fashioned Preacher (although on furlough) his old church in Kansas has a church website, Salyan's home church has a church website with some fine sermons that I have downloaded.

I am sure that I have missed some as I am pressed for time right now.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Alan said:

I was just about to leave when I noticed this. As I know you are in South Africa I will have to send you some with a church website. Most of the smaller churches do not have a website so I will have to find some of the larger churches that have a website. Tomorrow morning I will send you a private message with some men.

Off the top of my head, here on OnLineBaptist, John Young  is a pastor of a smaller church that has some sermons that he uploaded onto OnLineBaptist, Pastor Scott Markle has a website with a lot of fine sermons you can download and books that he has on his church website, Matt (the owner of OnLineBaptist), has a church website, Jim Alaska has a link to his home church, Old Fashioned Preacher (although on furlough) his old church in Kansas has a church website, Salyan's home church has a church website with some fine sermons that I have downloaded.

I am sure that I have missed some as I am pressed for time right now.

Thanks Alan. Will check these out. Appreciate it

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Alan said:

, Old Fashioned Preacher (although on furlough) his old church in Kansas has a church website,

40 years preaching and I doubt any more than 6 of my sermons have ever been recorded, so you won't find any available from me.

Also, the website no longer exists (plus we didn't have any services recorded on there)

Sorry

• Members

Since Brother Alan specifically mentioned me, I will present the information for the website of the church over which the Holy Spirit has called me to pastor.  To be clear - I pastor a small country church in a small village within the Thumb area of Michigan, nothing of popular importance.

www.melvinbaptistchurch.com 

(Note: I struggled a bit with presenting this information because I do not desire to push myself forward in any manner.  Please receive this information in the spirit with which it was delivered.)

• Members

1. Pastor Ron Thomas, Rodges Baptist Church, Garland, TX, is a larger church that  love the Lord and has stayed true to the faith once delivered to the saints. They are able to have an extensive website with an extensive  audio and YouTube ministry to help those  who desire to listen to a good ministry over the internet.

Here is the link to their media ministry: http://www.rodgersbaptist.net/media/

2. The "Gospel Web," created by missionary James Dearmore, is a more extensive ministry with written articles concerning many different subjects, sermons, and issues. He also has a link to other fine IFB churches and ministries. 

Here is the link to the Gospel Web: http://www.gospelweb.net/mainindex.htm

As brother John Young and Old Fashioned Preacher mentioned, there are a lot of fine IFB churches still in America today. So often they are in the limelight. In fact, even some of the bigger ones like Rodgers Baptist Chruch are relatively unknown due to the fact they have a good spirit about their ministry, they do not create controversial issues to attract attention, they have not compromised the doctrines of the scriptures, they believe and practice in soul winning, are strong KJV, and have a sincere love for people.

Edited by Alan
grammar (2) link