• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Accurate Bible translations

• Members
On 6/10/2017 at 4:05 PM, DaveW said:

Even the NKJV is more than an update and referenced the Wescott and Hort texts.

I agree. The NKJV is a far second to the KJV but the notes are pretty much just a running smear campaign to the reader on why the KJV is flawed and they should stop reading their NKJ version and just go out and buy a "superior" version like the ESV. One is hard pressed to actually find a beneficial note in it. There are a few custom "KJV for the 21st century" that are online that attempt to update grammar, spelling, and the occasional word, but I have not found the need to investigate them. I think its better just to stick with the 1769 update of our 1611 KJV and then get a KJV friendly dictionary for the occasional word that you may not understand. Its much more beneficial that we update our personal vocabulary than always be searching for the "latest and greatest" bible.

• Members
On 6/10/2017 at 11:51 AM, Roselove said:

I was wondering, does anyone know of a Bible translation, that is as accurate as the KJV, but has more modern writing? 

The King James is all one needs Ma'am to grow in grace.  Just as you learned to walk, to ride a bike, to talk and to write, a regenerated heart will learn to read, and to learn, and to be discipled by the Holy Spirit, with God's preserved Word, the King James Bible.

• Members
On 6/10/2017 at 1:51 PM, Roselove said:

I was wondering, does anyone know of a Bible translation, that is as accurate as the KJV, but has more modern writing? 

The King James Bible is the perfect word of God in English. Every other English translation I have ever seen takes away, adds and/or changes words. There are many helps out there if you are have difficulties with some of the words. Also, most people read their Bibles too fast anyways, so having to take time to read it is a good thing.