Jump to content
Online Baptist Community

Churches


Recommended Posts

  • Members
2 hours ago, swathdiver said:

For the English language, anything other than the King James Bible.

What I see happening is the subtle watering down of the scriptures by many of these modern versions. However, I anger a lot of Christians on some of these site forums when I say this.

I do prefer the KJB, but will read other ones from time to time.I am old enough to remember when the King James was the bible of most churches. Then the NIV came along and the rest as they say is history.

Edited by TheSword1227
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

This one... http://old.paulann.org/ 

because it emerged to http://paulann.org/aboutourchurch/

they've taken down the old sign that used to say 'Paulann Baptist'.

They are the definition of emergent church.

I felt a little strange calling them out but I think a warning is due.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
13 hours ago, TheSword1227 said:

I do prefer the KJB, but will read other ones from time to time.I am old enough to remember when the King James was the bible of most churches. Then the NIV came along and the rest as they say is history.

Then you don't mind moving from non-fiction to fiction?  ALL of the modern versions are based on the fraudulent Sinaiticus and non-existant Septuagint.  There is no chain of custody for the Septuagint.  The Sinaiticus was written on the Isle of Patmos around 1843, it has no earlier chain of custody.

Whereas the Masoretic text was quoted by our Lord and Savior Himself and thousands upon thousands of manucripts that make up the Received Text can be traced all through history.

Those phony bibles might contain the word of God here and there but they are not THE word of God.  It's like drinking coffee with arsenic in it.  Designed by the devil to lead you astray.  The weakest Christians are those who foolishly cling to their phony bibles.  They hardly grow in grace and are surrounded by false converts who know little better than they.

The KJV still outsells the NIV.  It's #2 but not #1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Then you don't mind moving from non-fiction to fiction?  ALL of the modern versions are based on the fraudulent Sinaiticus and non-existant Septuagint.  There is no chain of custody for the Septuagint.  The Sinaiticus was written on the Isle of Patmos around 1843, it has no earlier chain of custody.

Whereas the Masoretic text was quoted by our Lord and Savior Himself and thousands upon thousands of manucripts that make up the Received Text can be traced all through history.

Those phony bibles might contain the word of God here and there but they are not THE word of God.  It's like drinking coffee with arsenic in it.  Designed by the devil to lead you astray.  The weakest Christians are those who foolishly cling to their phony bibles.  They hardly grow in grace and are surrounded by false converts who know little better than they.

The KJV still outsells the NIV.  It's #2 but not #1.

Yep, I know where the modern versions come from. I spent a lot of time arguing against them on another site forum and a bunch of christians jumped on me and tried to skin me alive.

Edited by TheSword1227
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

It's so hard to find a church these days. 
I've been a christian for almost 7 years and I did find a church who believes the weighty doctrines right from the bible, I stopped going there because the sermons are always about tithes and material blessings. 

I just see people with religion there. 

Also, during afternoons where the pastor will somehow discuss and study the bible with us, he mentioned a couple of things that had no support at all. 
I researched about it and it isn't really supported or anything. He firmly believes that RCC made Islam because of a specific Jesuit priest. 
It hasn't been proven yet. But either way, it doens't matter. They're both false religions. 

Also during Sunday Schools, one brother discussed the book "Purpose Driven Life". 
The church's statement of faith is good but I don't understand how the people would not really believe what it says it believes. 

Most Baptist churches here read John MacArthur and John Piper, meaning they are Calvinistic. 

If not, Christians you'd meet attend Victory Churches (Steve Murrell) and CCF.. both are megachurches. 

God knows christian friends are important. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, Celina Capalad said:

It's so hard to find a church these days. 
I've been a christian for almost 7 years and I did find a church who believes the weighty doctrines right from the bible, I stopped going there because the sermons are always about tithes and material blessings. 

I just see people with religion there. 

Also, during afternoons where the pastor will somehow discuss and study the bible with us, he mentioned a couple of things that had no support at all. 
I researched about it and it isn't really supported or anything. He firmly believes that RCC made Islam because of a specific Jesuit priest. 
It hasn't been proven yet. But either way, it doens't matter. They're both false religions. 

Also during Sunday Schools, one brother discussed the book "Purpose Driven Life". 
The church's statement of faith is good but I don't understand how the people would not really believe what it says it believes. 

Most Baptist churches here read John MacArthur and John Piper, meaning they are Calvinistic. 

If not, Christians you'd meet attend Victory Churches (Steve Murrell) and CCF.. both are megachurches. 

God knows christian friends are important. 

 

Good post. You hit some good points and are so right about it being hard to find a good church anymore. I hope this doesn't discourage you as you are a somewhat new Christian. Keep praying about it. There are still some churches out there that are bible believing, bible teaching.

Whenever I come across free books in a library and other places, if I see books like Purpose Driven Life that have false teachings, I toss them out so that others won't read it and get deceived.

Edited by TheSword1227
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
5 hours ago, Celina Capalad said:

It's so hard to find a church these days. 

As I mentioned to you several years ago, you may have to move to another town in order to serve the Lord in one of his New Testament Churches Miss Capalad.  We packed our things and moved sixty miles to attend a church of the kind that Christ built and died for during his earthly ministry.

Our church supports 3 missionaries north of Manila in Urdaneta City (Eddie Galyean), Manaoag (Phil Frasier) and Baguio City (Kevin Bennett).

God can provide if you think you cannot afford to move or find work or even get there.  Not only will the Lord choose for you a sound church but he will also pick one that will benefit by having you too as a member!  Remember the Holy Spirit gives us all gifts that we use to serve in our respective churches.  One of those mentioned just might need a person like you to help the congregation.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 hours ago, swathdiver said:

As I mentioned to you several years ago, you may have to move to another town in order to serve the Lord in one of his New Testament Churches Miss Capalad.  We packed our things and moved sixty miles to attend a church of the kind that Christ built and died for during his earthly ministry.

Our church supports 3 missionaries north of Manila in Urdaneta City (Eddie Galyean), Manaoag (Phil Frasier) and Baguio City (Kevin Bennett).

God can provide if you think you cannot afford to move or find work or even get there.  Not only will the Lord choose for you a sound church but he will also pick one that will benefit by having you too as a member!  Remember the Holy Spirit gives us all gifts that we use to serve in our respective churches.  One of those mentioned just might need a person like you to help the congregation.

 

Thanks for this. 
I researched about all those churches and they really are far from Manila. 
I'll try to find one again. :) 

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
4 hours ago, Celina Capalad said:

Thanks for this. 
I researched about all those churches and they really are far from Manila. 
I'll try to find one again. :) 

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it. :) 

Yes, they are far but let me ask you this, how far will you go to serve the Lord?  1 mile?  5 miles?  Or Anywhere on Earth that He leads you to?

For me and my family it was sixty miles.  So far.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

There was a pastor near here who walked 23 miles each way to his church in the 1880s. In 1813, Samuel Eyles Pierce said he walked to London then caught the stage to Maidstone on Christmas Eve, then he walked  26 miles to Faversham, preached twice the following day, then three times the day after, "it beeing the Lord's Day", then walked about 10 miles to Canterbury for the New Year.  5 years later Samuel founded a Baptist Church in Faversham.

Edited by Invicta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...
  • Members
On 5/26/2017 at 9:21 AM, heartstrings said:

I

 I have attended one Missionary Baptist church in the area which is King James only and they seem sound, but they are about 40 minutes away. I don't know of any "General Baptists" around here so I don't know anything about them.

General Baptists are a slightly more moderate version of Free Will Baptists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

A Turkish sheep buyer/customer of mine once asked me "why so many churches" (in the USA)? Regrettably, I didn't have an immediate answer for him. Perhaps what he meant was "why so many denominations?" or "religions?". But after some thought, my answer is "freedom". Unlike some countries, the USA we have freedom to believe any way and worship any way we choose as long as it doesn't involve harming others. Of course, some churches DO harm others emotionally and spiritually but I'll save that for another discussion. The reason we have so many "Baptist" churches is because people can't agree on simple doctrines. But the Bible tells us there will be divisions and heresies and all that stuff so it should be no surprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

I am in this very situation. I moved to an area that has 70+ Independent Baptist Churches, one of which came highly recommended by my then and still current pastor.

I attended the church for 3 months, every service. My family got involved in work days and other areas of the church. We were rejected because we were Northerners in a Southern church. No one spoke to us, fellowshipped with us or even learned our name (Including the Associate Pastor and his wife). We left the church to begin our search for a church. 72 churches later, we still have not found a church I would attend. Our criteria is simple

1. Good Preaching (This one is a must - Out of 72 churches, maybe 3 have had good preaching. A lot of yelling about the Bible, but no preaching)
2. Good Music (Conservative, God honoring) - Most of the churches had the whole church go to the Choir and sing 4 or 5 songs and 1 congregational song. Must be a southern thing as it is very consistent, but unfortunately a visitor cannot participate in the worship of God through music.
3. Friendliness (More than just saying hello and thank you for coming) - Out of 72 churches, 1 or 2 were friendly. None made us feel welcome once they found out we were Northerners.

So what have we decided to do after 4 years without a church. We are moving. It is sad to say that there are few good churches in the "Bible Belt", but I have lived in 2 cities in North Carolina for the last 8 years and have found 1 church that I would classify as a good church out of over 200 visited.

For the last 4 years we have either driven the hour and a half to church (Calvary Baptist Church - King, NC) or we have watched them live on Facebook.

As for other churches we would consider - My daughter goes to a Southern Baptist since there are no good churches in her part of NC either. It's the best of the worst. The pastor is an older pastor who preaches the Word of God, the church is friendly, but the music is more contemporary. We have visited a couple Southern Baptists, but the ones in our area the preaching is no good.

There is a Methodist church and a non-denominational church my neighbors go to. They claim their churches preach verse by verse and are super friendly. I have considered going, but I struggle know that the churches doctrinal statements online are not in alignment with my positions on major doctrine, which is why we have not gone.

It's been a tough 4 years, but it is time to move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

There are several IFB churches around, so I don't have a problem of what to do if one wasn't near.

The Southern Baptists (SBC) are the largest Protestant denomination in America.  And, many of these churches are practically indistinguishable form IFB churches.  But, sadly, that's changing.  While the KJV has been very common in SBC churches, the SBC has recently sponsored a new translation (Christian Standard Bible)  which completely breaks with the KJV tradition, and is otherwise abominable.  The SBC just elected a new president, one that is soft on social issues and says he wants more women in church leadership. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

  • Recent Achievements

  • Tell a friend

    Love Online Baptist Community? Tell a friend!
  • Members

    No members to show

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Eagle One

      Havent been on for years, but have been studying with Jews for Jesus weekly Bible Study which has been wonderful.  Not sure any of your views on that group, but if you are from a Jewish background a great place to be grounded in the word and to learn.
      · 0 replies
    • Barbara Ann

      I am a researcher and writer at Watch Unto Prayer which I started 25 years ago. On this website there are many well-documented articles and audio programs by myself and other researchers whose ministry is to expose the endtime apostasy of the Church. Now more than ever Christians need information in order to identify and avoid the various deceptions that are in nearly all the churches.
      My husband and I attended the IFB Bible Baptist Church of James Knox a couple of years ago. We left the church after we were informed by the assistant pastor that we were not allowed to express views to other members that do not agree with the views of the pastor and leaders of the church. We were not introducing heresy but expressing our views concerning the State of Israel. We had never been in a church which forbade private conversations on issues where there are diverse opinions. This we recognized as cultlike control of church members. To inform Christians, my husband, who is also a researcher and writer, started a website on the subject: Zionism Exposed: A Watchman Ministry.
      · 0 replies
    • Free Spirit

      Jesus said:"I am the truth, the way, and the life. No man can come to The Father, but by Me."
      · 0 replies
    • Richg  »  BrotherTony

      Brother Tony, I read your reply on Anderson, I know you all think I'm argumentative but, when you don't agree.....the first thought I had is, I wish you would introduce me to the guy that hasn't sinned, maybe David, that had a man killed so he could commit adultery, yet, he was & is a man after Gods own heart, or maybe Paul the guy that persecuted and had Christians killed, or maybe Richg or Kent H, or even you ! I used to listen to personalities also when I was younger but today and for some time, my only concern is, does it line up with scripture & to me its hilarious that you think "I'm in a fix" LOL, I interpreted what we've discussed perfectly, not because I'm smart, but because with an open mind to things of God, its an easy read.
      · 1 reply
    • Richg  »  Jerry

      I thought you wanted me to stop talking to you !
      · 0 replies
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...