• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Men's Ministry

• Members

At my church we have no type of men's ministry of fellowship.  I approached my pastor about starting something and he gave the go ahead.  I am thinking about meeting one night a month and having dinner together and a Bible study.  I thought it may be a good idea to have a different man teach each month to give more men the opportunity to study and be responsible for preparing a lesson since there are only so many teaching positions at our church.

Do any of you have mens ministries or anything like that at your church?  What do you do to get more men involved and promote fellowship?

• Members

we vary our men's ministry.  we have prayer breakfast a couple of times a year, we have an outdoor barbecue a couple of times, we take in a semi pro baseball team once and usually a Oklahoma City Thunder game once or twice a year.  some times we use a speaker like at prayer breakfast and barbecues and some times we do not.  Our group is a little large for a in home fellowship but we do what we can.  There is also the Stillwater Men's Advance once a year and many of our men go and camp out for the Friday Night preaching and the Saturday classes and preaching.

All in all our men get together seven or eight times a year for fellowship, food and teaching from God's word.