Online Baptist

• Members

Well I filled out my profile for the most part so that's all I really have to say... shortly put ive been a Christian for going on 5 years now, im a KJV bible believer, and I found out about the "Bible version issue" about a year after I was saved, which strengthened my faith. So ive been reading the KJV for only 4 years approx. I also go tracting as much as I can, but its gets discouraging as I go alone and can't seem to find a brother who is willing to go with me..

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Jake,

Welcome! Looking forward to some fine fellowship and discussions. 

Very glad to hear that you are KJV and are involved in passing out tracts. I have a verse that helps me as I go out tracting and hopefully it will be an encouragement to you in tracting as well, "In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good." Ecclesiastes 11:6 As we pass out tracts, we cannot know most of the time how God is working in the hearts of those who receive it.

As a personal testimony, it was through a soul winner giving me a Chick tract (and reading a Gideon Bible in the military), that caused me to trust in Christ.

So, please do not get discouraged.

Alan

Edited by Alan
  • Members

Thanks Alan. Chicktracts are how I began gospel tracting, which made it easy, and fun. I currently have a box full of the "Fellowship Tract League" tracts so I take some with me wherever I go. I've gotten a lot of them out but I still freeze up sometimes so thanks for the encouragement!

Welcome.  Thank you for being a witness for Christ.  Do you belong to a local church that may have brothers willing to go out and witness with you?

Welcome aboard Jake. If you don't mind saying, what corner of the state are you in?

Don't get discouraged about the lack of interest in your tracting. Just do what God's Word tells you to. You may get that brother in the work from your work for the Lord.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2017 at 8:22 AM, InSeasonOut said:

Well I filled out my profile for the most part so that's all I really have to say... shortly put ive been a Christian for going on 5 years now, im a KJV bible believer, and I found out about the "Bible version issue" about a year after I was saved, which strengthened my faith. So ive been reading the KJV for only 4 years approx. I also go tracting as much as I can, but its gets discouraging as I go alone and can't seem to find a brother who is willing to go with me..

Most pastors would be happy to have someone who actually WANTS go out witnessing.

Is there no one in your church who you can go out with?

How big is the church you go to?

It is really strange that you can't find anyone who wants to go out - I know lots of people just don't care, but even a small church there should be someone.

Is it an IFB church? Or something else? Some churches are not just not interested - might be better to find somewhere else that is interested in the Great Commission?

If you keep at it, maybe someone from your church will eventually join in - they might just see your faithfulness and want some of it.

• Members
15 minutes ago, DaveW said:

How big is the church you go to?

It is really strange that you can't find anyone who wants to go out - I know lots of people just don't care, but even a small church there should be someone.

Is it an IFB church? Or something else? Some churches are not just not interested - might be better to find somewhere else that is interested in the Great Commission?

If you keep at it, maybe someone from your church will eventually join in - they might just see your faithfulness and want some of it.

The church im a part of is so big, a single building cannot contain us.... know what I mean?

I don't go to a "church building" anymore. There was an IFB church I went to a few times that's good, but its an hour away and I can't afford to drive there every week.

Theres been a few churches in town i went to , but in all good conscience cannot attend.

I think I said a few things about it here and elsewhere on this site... I don't remember. But that's all i want to say. I don't feel like, or even feel comfortable talking about it with someone i don't know. Hope you understand. I've only been saved a few years and im just focusing on my relationship with the Lord Jesus.

So does that mean that you are not part of a Bible believing local church anywhere?

That is a dangerous place to be, my friend.

It really is important to be among good, mature Christians who can help you, encourage you, and be by your side when you need it.

If you are all alone, then you are in a dangerous place - like the lost sheep - the sheep are safe when they are in the flock being watched over by the shepherd, but if they stray away from the flock, that is when the wolf comes - they love a sheep all out on its own.