• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Well I filled out my profile for the most part so that's all I really have to say... shortly put ive been a Christian for going on 5 years now, im a KJV bible believer, and I found out about the "Bible version issue" about a year after I was saved, which strengthened my faith. So ive been reading the KJV for only 4 years approx. I also go tracting as much as I can, but its gets discouraging as I go alone and can't seem to find a brother who is willing to go with me..

• Members

Jake,

Welcome! Looking forward to some fine fellowship and discussions. 

Very glad to hear that you are KJV and are involved in passing out tracts. I have a verse that helps me as I go out tracting and hopefully it will be an encouragement to you in tracting as well, "In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good." Ecclesiastes 11:6 As we pass out tracts, we cannot know most of the time how God is working in the hearts of those who receive it.

As a personal testimony, it was through a soul winner giving me a Chick tract (and reading a Gideon Bible in the military), that caused me to trust in Christ.

So, please do not get discouraged.

Alan

Edited by Alan

• Members

Thanks Alan. Chicktracts are how I began gospel tracting, which made it easy, and fun. I currently have a box full of the "Fellowship Tract League" tracts so I take some with me wherever I go. I've gotten a lot of them out but I still freeze up sometimes so thanks for the encouragement!

• Members

Welcome aboard Jake. If you don't mind saying, what corner of the state are you in?

Don't get discouraged about the lack of interest in your tracting. Just do what God's Word tells you to. You may get that brother in the work from your work for the Lord.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 5/19/2017 at 8:22 AM, InSeasonOut said:

Well I filled out my profile for the most part so that's all I really have to say... shortly put ive been a Christian for going on 5 years now, im a KJV bible believer, and I found out about the "Bible version issue" about a year after I was saved, which strengthened my faith. So ive been reading the KJV for only 4 years approx. I also go tracting as much as I can, but its gets discouraging as I go alone and can't seem to find a brother who is willing to go with me..

Most pastors would be happy to have someone who actually WANTS go out witnessing.

Is there no one in your church who you can go out with?