• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

An Eternity At Dire Risk

• Members

Yesterday, I went out to sit with Dorothy for about two and a half hours.  I had prayed and prayed in advance that I would know and be sensitive to the leading of the Spirit and the wisdom and discernment as to what to say and what not to.  Once again and with sadness, the doors were still closed to speak of spiritual things with her.  How can that be?  I so much desire that Dorothy would be saved!  I am reminded yet again that the Lord loves her much, much more than I and is not willing that she perish.  His thoughts and ways are also much higher than mine...and His timing and His way...are crucial.  He is omniscient and I am very fallibly limited...so even though I was so greatly saddened that I didn't get to speak of spiritual things with Dorothy...I continue to entrust her to Him.  Prayer is so very powerful, and to pray for a lost soul is immense.  Aww, but for dear Dorothy and Billy to be snatched from the clutches of the evil one is greatly desired for, and sought through much prayer.  I appreciate your prayers for her, and in His name...they carry a lot of "weight". 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

We went out to see Dorothy on Thursday.  The time was so close.  I leaned over her for over 20 minutes soothing her brow, took my fingers and ever so gently "brushed" her hair, and whispered closely into her ear.  I whispered to her several times.  I spoke of my love for her, and I spoke of the love of Jesus.  It was extraordinary how every time I said the name "Jesus"....she would make a soft groaning noise and try to open her eyes.  I took note of it, and repeated it every few minutes.  One time I leaned back after whispering of Jesus' love for her, and I noticed a huge tear under only one eye.  That in itself is amazing!  She was so dehydrated and emaciated; how was she even able to have a tear?  A long while later, I whispered to her one last time and gave her a soft kiss on her temple, and told her goodbye.

This morning, Dorothy passed away into her eternity.  My heart is heavy with grief because I don't know if she ever called out to the Saviour with her need for salvation.  She had heard the Word...the Gospel very clearly.  She's gone now, but her husband and family are still here and ever so needy for the Lord. 

I greatly appreciate all of your prayers for Dorothy.  Her appointed day arrived, and she is where she is.  I just pray that the Lord would grant me a real love for others such that I  speak of the precious Saviour more often and indeed, more boldly.  Time is of essence.  May we all not just speak of the glorious gift that He has given, but prove it with and by our very lives..."Let your light so shine before men, that they might see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven"  (Matt. 5:16).  Thank you all again for praying.

• Members
49 minutes ago, WellWithMySoul said:

We went out to see Dorothy on Thursday.  The time was so close.  I leaned over her for over 20 minutes soothing her brow, took my fingers and ever so gently "brushed" her hair, and whispered closely into her ear.  I whispered to her several times.  I spoke of my love for her, and I spoke of the love of Jesus.  It was extraordinary how every time I said the name "Jesus"....she would make a soft groaning noise and try to open her eyes.  I took note of it, and repeated it every few minutes.  One time I leaned back after whispering of Jesus' love for her, and I noticed a huge tear under only one eye.  That in itself is amazing!  She was so dehydrated and emaciated; how was she even able to have a tear?  A long while later, I whispered to her one last time and gave her a soft kiss on her temple, and told her goodbye.

This morning, Dorothy passed away into her eternity.  My heart is heavy with grief because I don't know if she ever called out to the Saviour with her need for salvation.  She had heard the Word...the Gospel very clearly.  She's gone now, but her husband and family are still here and ever so needy for the Lord. 

I greatly appreciate all of your prayers for Dorothy.  Her appointed day arrived, and she is where she is.  I just pray that the Lord would grant me a real love for others such that I  speak of the precious Saviour more often and indeed, more boldly.  Time is of essence.  May we all not just speak of the glorious gift that He has given, but prove it with and by our very lives..."Let your light so shine before men, that they might see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven"  (Matt. 5:16).  Thank you all again for praying.

Thank you for all that you did for Dorothy. This account has held a special place in my heart, and I'll continue praying for her family. May the Lord bless you.