• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Short Term Missions Opportunity

• Members

Greetings folks!  I'm a newbie here but I hope I'll find a warm welcome.  My name is Aaron Freeman and I'm a veteran independent Baptist church-planting missionary serving the Lord along the Mexico border in southern Texas (on the US side).  In 2018 we'll be celebrating 10 years on the field.  As part of this celebration we're planning a special event called a "Border Surge".  In essence, we're looking for individuals and groups to join together with us for 8 weeks (or more) of evangelistic outreaches.  We don't expect any one person or group to stay all 8 weeks, of course.  Rather, we are looking to host 8 separate 1-week mission trips back-to-back.  We'd like to have 25 (or more - no limit) participants in each week.  We realize there are very few churches that can send 25 participants by themselves and so we're expecting to combine individuals and groups from multiple churches each week.  Hopefully that all makes sense!

We are of course reaching out to our supporting churches but given the extent of the need (200 people minimum) I figured I'd also reach out and begin to make new contacts.  We'd love to meet some new folks and work with you in getting the Gospel out in our community.  Of course, I realize you'll want to know a lot more about us and our ministry.  Our personal website is at http://www.RGVBaptist.com. We haven't been on deputation for years so it's somewhat outdated, but at the very least you can find our doctrinal statement there, as well as some basic information regarding our sending church and mission agency.  You can also visit our church website at http://www.IglesiaBautistaEsperanza.org. Don't worry - you have the option to view the site in English or Spanish!

For more information on the Border Surge itself you can use the following link:

http://www.rgvbaptist.com/Prayer_Letters/2017_05_May.pdf

That links to a copy of our most recent prayer letter which includes 3 extra pages of information regarding the Border Surge.

I apologize for the long post but look forward to getting to know some of you and hopefully having the opportunity to meet you in 2018.  Feel free to respond here, email me at Freemans@RGVBaptist.com or call/text me at (956) 849-4393.

Edited by RGVBaptist
Fixed links

• Members
5 minutes ago, Alan said:

I think the above links are broken and I found this link to the church, Columbia Baptist Church, is ok; the link to Harvest Baptist missions works in the church webpage.

http://columbiaroad.org/

Alan

Sorry about that.  For some reason it added the "." at the end of the sentence to the URL.  I fixed the links!

• Members

Welcome, brother Freeman. I do hope many will respond to the call. It sounds like a wonderful short-term missions experience. I would be tempted to join in myself were it not for the physical impossibility in my case. I will, however, be praying for your mission work. Also for the physical AND spiritual safety of all those involved in work on the border. The timing is a political hotbed of resistance from those who are against President Trump's desire to make the border more secure, as well as the drug lords who oversee the border from the southern side, and also the spiritual wickedness behind both of those forces.

I will pray that each and every person whom takes part in the mission work there knows and is instructed to put on the full armor of God as detailed in Ephesians 6:10-18. And that the Lord would greatly bless this work, and many would have their eyes opened, and to turn from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in Jesus alone.

Maranatha!