• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Matthew 10:5-6 Gospel of the Kingdom error

• Members

"Matthew 10:5-6 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Under two gospel doctrine, “gospel of the Kingdom” teaches Jesus and the twelve disciples never entered nor preached in Samaria. The above verse is quoted as an absolute not as a one mission event. Does Jesus or any of His disciples ever travel to Samaria?

John Chapter 4

3 He (Jesus) left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. 4 And He must needs go through Samaria. 5 Then cometh He to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph.

Was the disciples with Jesus?

8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city (Sychar) to buy meat.)

39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on Him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did. 40 So when the Samaritans were come unto Him, they besought Him that He would tarry with them: and He abode there two days.

Acts Chapter 8

5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

• Members

I don't know that the command is all encompassing. I think it was the primary mission of Jesus to go to Israel only. However, when the seventy went Luke 10:1 their was no such directive given. I think the twelve sent first had the directive you mention but afterward it was not so Luke 10:8. Also, I don't believe Philip would have disobeyed Jesus to go into Samaria, Philip would go only if it was granted by Jesus.

Edited by 1Timothy115