• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members
6 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Another thought that occurred while reading and studying. We know things were different for man before they sinned and were turned out of the garden, no rain for example. It would appear communication between creatures was common too. Eve felt no restraint in talking with the serpent. Otherwise there should have been some type of apprehension in speaking with the serpent.

People talk to animals all the time today - the strange thing is that when the serpent ANSWERED she was not shocked...... :15_1_63::laugh::4_6_100:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :sorry:

I remember being surprised when I first noticed that Eve was not in the least bit fussed about having a conversation with a snake. Just took me by surprise when I realised it.

• Members
1 hour ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

It is also worthy of consideration that the whole creation was fairly new unto Adam and Eve.  Therefore, there was no real pattern of "normal," but rather a regular experience of new things. 

Good point!

• Members
9 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

It is also worthy of consideration that the whole creation was fairly new unto Adam and Eve.  Therefore, there was no real pattern of "normal," but rather a regular experience of new things. 

I'm developing a list :laugh: .

• Members

This morning in my devotional reading I learned from Zechariah 8:5 that the Lord our God is comfortable with children engaging in play time.  (Note: I have often wondered whether it is just a human viewpoint, a cultural viewpoint, or a naturally-created viewpoint that children "need to have play time.")

Zechariah 8:5 -- "And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof."

(Note: This verse is presented as one of the blessings upon Israel when the Lord God restores them.  Thus it would appear that this is something of which the Lord our God approves as a positive.)

Also, (sarcasm warning) it appears that the Lord God approves of children playing in the street, so then all those parents who forbid it . . . .

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Members
6 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Also, (sarcasm warning) it appears that the Lord God approves of children playing in the street, so then all those parents who forbid it . . . .

I knew it! When my big sister told me to go play in the street it was scriptural.

• Members
On 5/8/2017 at 11:32 PM, DaveW said:

People talk to animals all the time today - the strange thing is that when the serpent ANSWERED she was not shocked...... :15_1_63::laugh::4_6_100:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :sorry:

I remember being surprised when I first noticed that Eve was not in the least bit fussed about having a conversation with a snake. Just took me by surprise when I realised it.

That's because the "serpent" was not a "snake". No more than Dan was one (Gen. 49:17) or leviathan is one (Isaiah 27:1).

• Members
1 hour ago, fastjav390 said:

That's because the "serpent" was not a "snake". No more than Dan was one (Gen. 49:17) or leviathan is one (Isaiah 27:1).

Yet the opening portion of Genesis 3:1 seems to indicates that the "serpent" was indeed a "beast [snake] of the field" -- "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made."

Furthermore, Genesis 3:14 indicates that the Lord God actually did curse the "serpent" as a "snake" of the field -- "And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life."

• Administrators

This wasn't during devotions, but rather this past Sunday during church. My hubs preached on "Our First Mother" (of course, Eve). He talked about Adam naming the animals and yet God seeing him without a help meet for him was not good...and it hit me: Adam was created perfect. And yet he was lonely.

• Members
8 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

This wasn't during devotions, but rather this past Sunday during church. My hubs preached on "Our First Mother" (of course, Eve). He talked about Adam naming the animals and yet God seeing him without a help meet for him was not good...and it hit me: Adam was created perfect. And yet he was lonely.

Indeed.  Yet Adam was NOT completely alone from any personal relationship since he had an available relationship with the Lord God Himself.  However, the Lord God Himself still said that it was not good for Adam to be "alone."  Apparently, the Lord God had created man in such a way that he actually NEEDS human companionship.