• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Millennium

• Members

Konstantin,

Your reference to the 49-year transitional period requires me to ask another question. In your "Profile Page," you show that you are not IFB and you do not list a denomination. Can you tell us specifically what denomination, or what church you attend? Before we can continue with our discussions, it is important for us to know your church, or denominational, background.

Alan

Edited by Alan
revised my post

• Members
6 hours ago, Alan said:

Konstantin,

Apparently you are referring to one verse Matthew 5:39, to show that we are not under the precepts of the Sermon on the Mount. I have four questions.

1. Where in my post did I mention, or even hint, or even insinuate, that I, or anyone else, besides the Lord Jesus, could fulfill the law, including Matthew 5:39, at this present time, or even during the millennium for that matter? Please let me know.

2. So, apparently, you believe that the Sermon on the Mount is just for the millennium?

3. And, from what I read in your post. Do you believe that I, or we, or anyone else for that matter, besides the Lord Jesus, can keep the Sermon on the Mount, fully, and not just one verse on turning the other cheek?

4. Is the keeping of the Sermon on the Mount, all of it, not a part of it, necessary for salvation?

By the way, many saints, out of love for the Lord Jesus, have 'turned the other cheek' and paid a dear price for their love for the Lord Jesus. some saints 'turn the other cheek,' not to obey a commandment for salvation, but for love of the words of the Lord Jesus.

Please answer these four questions. Question number one requires you to show in my post where I said I, or anyone else, could keep the complete, not just one, precept of the Sermon on the Mount during the millennium. All of the other three questions can be answered with a yes or no.

Alan

I already wrote above. The "royall Law" (James.2:8) will come into force only at the beginning of the Millennium. If a person does not obey the commandments (Matthew 5-7), then it will be seen that his "faith without workes is dead" (James 2:20). All these things are not relevant at present. I hope this answer gives answers to other questions of the post.

• Members
6 hours ago, Alan said:

Konstantin,

Your reference to the 49-year transitional period requires me to ask another question. In your "Profile Page," you show that you are not IFB and you do not list a denomination. Can you tell us specifically what denomination, or what church you attend? Before we can continue with our discussions, it is important for us to know your church, or denominational, background.

Alan

Does a person's formal belonging to any denomination identify him as a believer?

I do not belong to any denomination.

• Members
20 minutes ago, Konstantin said:

Does a person's formal belonging to any denomination identify him as a believer?

I do not belong to any denomination.

Konstantin,

I did not ask if you were a believer. I asked what denomination you are or what church do you attend.

If you do not belong to a denomination; do you have a church, that has a name, that you attend?

Alan

32 minutes ago, Konstantin said:

I already wrote above. The "royall Law" (James.2:8) will come into force only at the beginning of the Millennium. If a person does not obey the commandments (Matthew 5-7), then it will be seen that his "faith without workes is dead" (James 2:20). All these things are not relevant at present. I hope this answer gives answers to other questions of the post.

Konstantin,

As with the Law of Moses, works do not save a person. Keeping the complete Sermon on the Mount, in deed and spirit, which is not possible, cannot save our soul either in the Church Age nor in the 1,000-year reign of Christ.

Alan

• Members
1 hour ago, Alan said:

Konstantin,

As with the Law of Moses, works do not save a person. Keeping the complete Sermon on the Mount, in deed and spirit, which is not possible, cannot save our soul either in the Church Age nor in the 1,000-year reign of Christ.

Alan

In all periods of the history of this earth, "The iust shall liue by faith" (Rom. 1:17). But only in the present time, the person is saved not “of workes” (Ephesians 2: 9)

• Members

The eternal salvation of the soul, whether  before the Law of Moses, during the Law of Moses, under Grace in the Church Age, during the 7-year Tribulation period, and in the 1,000-year regn of Christ on the earth, is through the imputed righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Apostle Paul, throughout the book of Romans, yea, even in a correct understanding of the book of James, states, "Even as David also describeth of the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works." Romans 4:6.

As taught in the Law of Moses, the Sermon on the Mount, during the 1,000-year reign on His throne in Jerusalem, salvation is through the imputed righteousness of the Lord Jesus Christ.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Konstantin said:

But only in the present time, the person is saved not “of workes”

The method of salvation has always been not of works. Any amount of Works for salvation in any period of time is an insult to the Grace of God. Romans 11 makes this clear where Apostle Paul shows from three periods of time that Salvation is not of any works. He uses Israel entering the land,  David's prayers, and the 7,000 faith in the time of the kings, and our present time to show it is of Grace alone. And this only in Romans 11. In fact Paul uses OT scripture in all his books to prove By grace through faith in Christ alone!

Romans 11:5-10 5 Even so then at this present time ALSO there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. 7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election [those chosen by faith in Christ alone] hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded [those who added works] 8 (according as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day. 9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them: 10 let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

Hebrews 11:24-27 24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter; 25 choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; 26 esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward. 27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Galatians 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

• Members

Our Faith before man in any time period can only help others if conveyed by works but no amount of our own works can save our souls. We are saved by faith alone conveyed by the works of Christ alone. We were saved and given faith by the works of Christ and our faith conveyed by works will help give faith in Him to others. Faith in our works cannot save our souls, only faith Christ's works can do that.

James 2:18b KJV I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Edited by John Young

• Members
5 hours ago, John Young said:

Our Faith before man in any time period can only help others if conveyed by works but no amount of our own works can save our souls. We are saved by faith alone conveyed by the works of Christ alone. We were saved and given faith by the works of Christ and our faith conveyed by works will help give faith in Him to others. Faith in our works cannot save our souls, only faith Christ's works can do that.

James 2:18b KJV I will shew thee my faith by my works.

You speak memorized phrases. Scripture says the opposite: 

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me, draw him" (John.6:44)

• Members
12 hours ago, Konstantin said:

What I said is in harmony with scripture, showing that The Father worked through Christ (by Christ's Works) to secure our eternal salvation and that he is now working in us, the believer, to convey that salvation to others (by our works). Christ's Works secured the salvation and our works convey his salvation to others and thu this conveyance the Father delivers faith and draws the person.

2 Corinthians 5:17-19 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

John 14:10-14 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake. 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John 6:44-48 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life.

Romans 10:13-15 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 and how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Edited by John Young

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Konstantin said:

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me, draw him" (John.6:44)

Konstantin, while much of the things you post are veritable gobbelty-gook, because you patch together bits and pieces of verses and phrases that often have nothing to do with each other, so as to make your case seem biblical, yet it borders on, if not being outright, heresy. You create doctrines out of patchwork, then declare this to be truth. Your understanding of scripture is severely flawed. I don't know who taught you to rightly divide scripture this way, but you need to read and understand scripture according to context. 

Your verse given above has nothing to do with salvation by grace through faith alone-the Lord God called certain people to work with Christ while in His earthly ministry, but now, whosoever will may come to salvation, because Jesus said if He  "be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." (Jn  12:32)  See, that is how you add a reference: it is in exact context to what I am speaking of, and to answer your argument. Jesus draws ALL men to Him from the cross, where He died for the sin of the entire world, while in the verse you gave, that was referring to the time of Jesus' earthly ministry. 

• Members
On 6/25/2020 at 7:06 PM, Ukulelemike said:

...Your verse given above has nothing to do with salvation by grace through faith alone-the Lord God called certain people to work with Christ while in His earthly ministry,...

The context of this verse speaks differently:

44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me, draw him: and I will raise him vp at the last day.

45It is written in the Prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Euery man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, commeth vnto me,

46Not that any man hath seene the Father; saue hee which is of God, hee hath seene the Father.

47Uerely, verely I say vnto you, Hee that beleeueth on me, hath euerlasting life.

• Members
On 6/27/2020 at 7:00 AM, Konstantin said:

The context of this verse speaks differently:

44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me, draw him: and I will raise him vp at the last day.

45It is written in the Prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Euery man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, commeth vnto me,

46Not that any man hath seene the Father; saue hee which is of God, hee hath seene the Father.

47Uerely, verely I say vnto you, Hee that beleeueth on me, hath euerlasting life.

34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-Chapter-6/