• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Millennium

• Members

A ‘promise being left’ ‘upon the Israel of God’ (Gal.6:16), ‘of entring into his rest’ (Heb.4:1), ‘the seventh day’ (Heb.4:4), yet acts, because ‘one day is with the Lord as a thousand yeeres, and a thousand yeeres as one day’ 2Pet.3:8. Israel will be able to say after its purification, ‘The Lord is my God’, and God will say, It is my people’ (Zech.13:9), ‘for beholde, I create Ierusalem a reioycing, and her people a ioy. And I wil reioyce in Ierusalem, and ioy in my people’ (Is.65:18-19)

‘¶ And in that day there shall bee a roote of Iesse, which shall stand for an ensigne of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seeke, and his rest shall bee glorious.’ (Is.11:10) ‘There remaineth therefore a rest’ (Heb.4:9) to the Israel of God. And the nations, that will not come to fight 'against Jerusalem' ‘ into a place, called in the Hebrewe tongue, Armageddon’, (Rev.16:16) ‘shall euen goe vp from yeere to yeere to worship the King the Lord of hostes, and to keepe the feast of Tabernacles.’ (Zech.14:16) And ‘from one new Moone to an other, and from one Sabbath to an other, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.’ (Is.66:23) ‘And it shall be, that who so will not come vp of all the families of the earth vnto Ierusalem, to worship the King the Lord of hostes, euen vpon them shall be no raine.’ (Zech.14:17)

Two others annual feasts of Moses’ law will be in the past by the beginning of the Millennium, therefore only one of the three annual feasts -- the feast of tabernacles-- will be celebrated until the end of the Millennium, ‘till all be fulfilled’ (Mt. 5:18)

• Members
19 hours ago, Orval said:

I am missing your point in your post.  Please expand what you want us to consider.

The Bible says that the history of this land is seven thousand years old. The sixth day, thаt is the sixth thousand years are already finishing and the seventh thousand years will soon begin. On that day, the Kingdom will be restored to Israel, 'and the Kingdome shall not be left to other people' (Dan.2:44). ‘¶ In that day shall the Lord of hosts be for a crowne of glory, and for a diademe of beautie vnto the residue of his people: (Is.28:5) It will be ‘the remnant of Israel’ (Is.10:20). Israel will be ‘the head, and not the taile’ (Deut.28:13) in the Millennium.

• Members
2 hours ago, Konstantin said:

The Bible says that the history of this land is seven thousand years old. The sixth day, thаt is the sixth thousand years are already finishing and the seventh thousand years will soon begin. On that day, the Kingdom will be restored to Israel, 'and the Kingdome shall not be left to other people' (Dan.2:44). ‘¶ In that day shall the Lord of hosts be for a crowne of glory, and for a diademe of beautie vnto the residue of his people: (Is.28:5) It will be ‘the remnant of Israel’ (Is.10:20). Israel will be ‘the head, and not the taile’ (Deut.28:13) in the Millennium.

First I do not believe the bible says the earth is seven thousand years old.  We make some assumptions based on man’s calculations from scripture but I am not sure that we can be dogmatic in our conclusions so we can say that based on our calculations we are near the 6,000-year mark as the age of earth.  With that said, I agree with your second statement that we are drawing closer to entering the Millennial reign of Christ on the throne of David. 

Your third statement based on Daniel 2:44 that speaks of a coming kingdom as being the millennial kingdom I would have to disagree with you based on the fact that I believe the reference is to the kingdom of heaven established by Christ while he was on earth and is spoken of thirty-two times in the gospel of Matthew.  It is first and foremost a spiritual kingdom, whom Jesus states is within us.   

Concerning Isaiah 28:5 I have not studied the passage and therefore hesitate in assigning a millennium reference to it.

If you are suggesting, and I believe you are, that these passages all point to Israel being in charge during the millennial reign of Christ I do not believe that is direct implication of those passages.  That does not mean they would absolutely hold true in the millennium but generally speaking I believe there are much clearer passages in God’s Word that would support what I believe you are trying to say and that is that Israel will hold a high position in worship and government during the millennium.  To which I would agree whole heartedly. 

• Members
On 05.04.2017 at 7:33 PM, Orval said:

First I do not believe the bible says the earth is seven thousand years old.  We make some assumptions based on man’s calculations from scripture but I am not sure that we can be dogmatic in our conclusions so we can say that based on our calculations we are near the 6,000-year mark as the age of earth.  

Yes, we are near the 6,000-year mark as the age of earth, but at the end of the seventh thousand years, after satan will beloosed a little season’ (Rev.20:3), andgoe out to deceiue the nations’(Rev.20:7), end after fire will come ‘downe from God out of heauen, and deuoured them’ (Rev.20:9), ’the heauens shall passe away with a great noise, and the Elements shall melt with feruent heate, the earth also and the works that are therin shalbe burnt vp’ (2Pet.2:10), andthere was found no place for them’ (Rev.20:11).

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

With that said, I agree with your second statement that we are drawing closer to entering the Millennial reign of Christ on the throne of David.

Christ will reign on His Father’s throne in the Millennium.But wil God in very deed dwell with men on the earth?' (2Chronicles.6:18)

• Members

Your third statement based on Daniel 2:44 that speaks of a coming kingdom as being the millennial kingdom I would have to disagree with you based on the fact that I believe the reference is to the kingdom of heaven established by Christ while he was on earth and is spoken of thirty-two times in the gospel of Matthew.  It is first and foremost a spiritual kingdom, whom Jesus states is within us. 

And in the daies of these Kings’ (Dan.2:44), the kingdomes of this world will become ‘the kingdomes of our Lord, and of his Christ’ (Rev.11:15), and ‘the God of heauen’ (Dan.2:44) will ‘restore againe the kingdome to Israel’ (Acts.1:6),which shall neuer be destroyed: and the Kingdome shall not be left to other people, but it shall breake in pieces, and consume all these kingdomes, and it shall stand for euer’ (Dan.2:44)

• Members
17 hours ago, Konstantin said:

And in the daies of these Kings’ (Dan.2:44), the kingdomes of this world will become ‘the kingdomes of our Lord, and of his Christ’ (Rev.11:15), and ‘the God of heauen’ (Dan.2:44) will ‘restore againe the kingdome to Israel’ (Acts.1:6),which shall neuer be destroyed: and the Kingdome shall not be left to other people, but it shall breake in pieces, and consume all these kingdomes, and it shall stand for euer’ (Dan.2:44)

A lit of unconnected verses here.  And in the daies of these Kings’ (Dan.2:44),  Which Kings?

44  And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.  He did set up His Kingdom in Christ.  If you are a true beliver you are part of it,

will ‘restore againe the kingdome to Israel’ (Acts.1:6), A partial quote,  6 ¶  When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7  And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Note the answer Jesus gave them.  He revealed His kingdom at pentecost. In the following verses you will see that the kingdom they preached was the same as preaching Christ, not only to Jews  but also to gentiles.

Ac 1:3  To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
Ac 8:12  But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Ac 14:22  Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
Ac 19:8  And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.
Ac 20:25  And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.
Ac 28:23  And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
1Co 15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Col 1:13  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
1Th 2:12  That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.
2Th 1:5  Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:
Heb 12:28  Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Jas 2:5  Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
2Pe 1:11  For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Re 1:9  I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

• Members
12 hours ago, Invicta said:

A lit of unconnected verses here.  And in the daies of these Kings’ (Dan.2:44),  Which Kings?

‘These great beasts, which are foure, are foure Kings, which shall arise out of the earth’.(Dan.7:17)

These foure Kings are foure kingdoms.

‘…The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdome vpon earth, which shall be diuerse from all kingdomes, & shall deuoure the whole earth, and shall tread it downe, and breake it in pieces.

And the tenne hornes out of this kingdome are tenne Kings that shall arise’ (Dan.7:23-24).

These tenne Kings ‘are ten kings, which haue receiued no kingdom as yet: but receiue power as kings one houre with the beast’ (Rev.17:12)

This beast is ‘little horne’ (Dan.7:8)

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Many people think that Jesus Christ will sit on the earth on the throne of David. Is it so?
‘But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? (2 Chronicles 6:18). 

After the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ "in his glory" (Mt.25: 31), He ‘will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah’ (Heb. 8: 8) at 1335 day (Dan.12:12). KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS (Rev. 19: 16) will give ‘the royal law according to the scripture’ (James 2: 8) for Israel, that Israel can be ‘the salt of the earth’ and ‘the light of the world’ (Mt. 5: 13-14). God ‘will pour out His Spirit ‘upon all flesh‘ (Joel.2: 28). In Israel there ‘shall all know’ Him (Jer. 31:34). But God has and other sheep, ‘which are not of this fold’ (John 10: 16). The Lord Jesus Christ will send Israel to fulfill His Great Commission: ‘Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you’ (Matt. 28:19-20). ‘And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.’ (Acts 1: 9) Scripture says:

1 O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.

2 For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth.

3 He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet.

4 He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency of Jacob whom he loved. Selah.

5 God is gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet.’ (Ps.47:1-5).

The Father will tell the Son: ‘Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.’ (Ps. 110: 1) For The SON must reign, till The FATER hath put all enemies under his feet.

The last enemy that shall be destroyed at the end of Millennium ‘is death’. (1 Cor. 15:26)

Edited by Konstantin

• Members
On 4/7/2017 at 10:44 PM, Konstantin said:

Yes, we are near the 6,000-year mark as the age of earth, but at the end of the seventh thousand years

The bible teaches that we are about 6,400 years since the creation.  Where does it teach that the Millenial Reign begins at the end of six thousand years and ends at seven thousand years?  I have never heard such doctrine before.

• Members
3 hours ago, swathdiver said:

The bible teaches that we are about 6,400 years since the creation.  

The bible teaches that we are about 6,000 years since the creation. Where did you take another 400 years?

3 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Where does it teach that the Millenial Reign begins at the end of six thousand years and ends at seven thousand years?  I have never heard such doctrine before.

I sympathize with you.

• Members
On 6/26/2017 at 6:28 AM, Konstantin said:

The bible teaches that we are about 6,000 years since the creation. Where did you take another 400 years?

I sympathize with you.

I cannot remember.  Maybe I confused 4,400 years since the flood?  As for your last statement, what do you mean by that?

• Members
6 hours ago, swathdiver said:

I cannot remember.  Maybe I confused 4,400 years since the flood?  As for your last statement, what do you mean by that?

I described some things that would happen in the Millennium. Can you specify your question?