• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christ Consciousness

• Members

About 15 years ago I was into New Age/Mystic beliefs.

I believe I was saved before getting into them.

You may say.. how can that be? But you gotta understand that 1) I didn't know my bible very well then-- I was about 21 and 2 )had been going to so called churches that teach vague doctrine.

The other thing though.. is that when you are in these circles.. a lot of people will actually say 'we INCLUDE christians..we accept all religions'

The group I was in would actually talk about putting on the 'Christ consciousness'

This is not treating Christ as God though.. it's being like a gnostic and absorbing all knowledge about Jesus and trying to be Jesus. It's not 'putting on the mind of Christ' but treating Jesus as just another spiritual force to be drawn from.

Anyway.. what experience have you all had with mystic/new age religion? (I know this covers a huge area of beliefs)

• Members

360watt,

Thank you for your testimony.

As far as personal experience, I do not know much about New Age/Mystic beliefs.  I do appreciate your thoughts on this matter as it will help us understand the movement better.

Alan

• Members

I remember  reading Erwin Lutzer re telling a conversation he had with a "popular woman Pastor who skillfully blends Christianity with the New Age movement...". He pointed out how her answers seemed very orthodox to his first several questions he posed to her. As he persisted with his questions he eventually forced her to define her doctrine with more precision until she finally revealed that "When I speak about Christ, I am not speaking about Jesus of Nazareth".

He never revealed her name, but I suspect there are many people being deceived by false doctrines without even realizing it. This is why I get annoyed when I ask someone a question who claims to be a "Christian", and their response starts with "My Pastor says" or "My church believes.." instead of "The Bible says...". Too many people in the pews have become Biblically illiterate.

Thanks for your testimony!

• Members
On 4/1/2017 at 1:58 PM, 1Timothy115 said:

Welcome aboard. Did your experience with New Age/Mystics also include music?

Not so much music as 'guided meditation'.  Given a tape to listen to that is meant to assist you in being 'one' with the universe or a animal or object.  Although there was atmospheric music in the background - similar to the alpha brain wave sleep music you can get on you tube.

We didn't call what we were doing 'New Age' or 'Mystic' either, we called it 'mutli-level healing'

We used to go out into a village near a ski field and meditate among the rocks and forest in the area.  Felt good... but the foundation? Shifting sands!

It is the bible that never shifts and stands firm.. the Word of God.