• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Terrain, Tires, Tubes, and Tore-up Tiller-engines

• Members

I was going to post a progress on my Spring garden but, unfortunately it will first be a progress report on the tiller. The tires were flat so I replaced one of the tubes. Almost immediately one rotten tire disintegrated. So I searched for tires online and found that the ones made for this Italian-made tiller were an unheard-of size and are super expensive. BUT, they so fit an 8" rim. So I found some cheaper "Carlisle" brand which were 8' but a good deal larger and taller; however they're also a fraction of the price. Now the tiller is jacked up a little high on the front and looks like it's ready to go mudding. Anyway, I tilled my Monster truck/tiller over the garden one time and it did great.

After letting the ground set for a few days I went back to till it one more time before laying off my rows and planting. After the 7th or 8th round the linkage on the carburetor broke in two and fell off. So I'm going to try one of those 6.5 hp Harbor Freight "Predator" engines on it. PawPaw is going to pick one up for me Thursday and hopefully I can chuck that one on and if all goes well, we'll get a garden planted by Saturday. Fixing stuff yourself is, after all. just part of "homesteading"

The tiller brand  https://bcsamerica.com/

Tires https://www.samsclub.com/sams/4-8-8-power-trac/prod20860175.ip?pid=_CSE_Connex_Lawn_and_Garden_Tires&source=ifpla&CA_6C15C=730010300000984563

Harbor Freight engine http://www.harborfreight.com/65-hp-212cc-ohv-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-epa-60363.html

Edited by heartstrings

• Administrators

You are right, it is  part of homesteading. Thanks for the spring update. I'm not much on gardening myself, I seem to have a sort of brown thumb.

It's also good to see something posted on this new forum other than firearms. I have nothing against firearms, but had hoped to see a lot more about gardening and other subjects when we opened this new forum.

Although I don't do woodworking myself, except for rare occasions, I bet that folks would appreciate some info on it and tips that lend to "how to", for woodworking. 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, heartstrings said:

PawPaw is picking up the motor for me today. Hope it fits. The shafts are the same. The only problem might be the bolt pattern on the back of the engine.

Even if the bolt pattern is different it may be easy to just re-drill the holes in the tiller mounting platform. At the worse you could just bolt a plate on the platform and drill it for the correct bolt pattern.