• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:Sensual Singing Techniques

• Members
Sensual Singing Techniques
God instructs His people to sing spiritual songs (Colossians 3:16). Spiritual means holy. It refers to that which is separated unto a holy God from the unholiness of this world.
There are clear biblical principles that are to be applied to every aspect of the Christian life, including music, and by examining these biblical principles we can to discern spiritual from worldly music.
We listed principles of biblical separation in the chapter on rhythm, and the same principles apply to vocal styles, so we will repeat them here.
• Spiritual music is music that is not conformed to the world (Romans 12:2).
• Spiritual music is music that is not according to the realm of spiritual death (Ephesians 2:1).
• Spiritual music is music that...
Read More

View the full article

• Members

I don't have time to read it now but, I've witnessed it in a church which had a Baptist sign out front, over in Texas. The pastor's wife leading the entrance music, tight clad blue jeans with her rock and roll band accompanying and banging her tambourine on her hip. I was searching for a Baptist Church for my son...we didn't stay long after that debacle. Sad...the next time my son went by that 'concert hall', the 'Baptist' sign was gone.