• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Firearms

• Members

This isn't hunting but is a "hobby" of sorts. I know it's a sensitive topic for some so, if it is offensive, it can be deleted at the admins discretion. This is the home defense shotgun my Wife and kids gave me for Christmas last year.. It has a "saddle" with picatinny rails for mounting a sight, which in this case is a holographic dot unit. It also sports an M4/military-style six position adjustable stock and an 8-round capacity magazine. The only problem I have with it is that it is a little heavy for me as I have a lot of pain in my shoulders. But on the plus side, it doesn't recoil too bad in spite of being 12-gauge. ...and yes, those are my feet. :)

shotgun.jpg

Edited by heartstrings

• Members

This will wake you up. I keep one of these motion detectors near the entrance to my driveway to let us know when someone enters. But you could put one near your outside doors and do the same.  I painted mine with camo colors of plastic-compatible Krylon paint.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Driveway-Alert-System-Patrol-Motion-Sensor-Alarm-Chime-Home-Security-/272022595809?var=&hash=item3f55cf68e1:m:mry5FbZmA7KPD0RPv6J3V0w

• Members

I had peanut hay rolls stored up the driveway and raccoons were pilfering the hay to get at the peanuts, setting off the alarm. So, yes animals will trigger it. I don't think these have any sensitivity settings. But you can raise it up, say, waist high and it helps keep animals out of the sensor's range. I had mine about a foot off the ground when the coons were setting it off.

• Members
1 hour ago, heartstrings said:

Another photo of the same shotgun. I removed the saddle/picatinny rail and added a tactical flashlight and a laser. I don't think there's much need for a sight if you're using buckshot for close-quarters.

shotgun .jpg

Curious how you will keep pressure on those pressure switches and the trigger at the same time? That mounting tape will most likely mar the finish on your receiver also if resale value is a consideration. I recommend constant-on push button switches on the light and laser themselves to get rid of the chords which are likely to bind up your pump mechanism. Worse yet when under real stress, you will grab the chords with the forearm and rip the chords out the back of your light/laser as you attempt to pump.

Pressure switches are never a good idea on a pump gun.

Just some friendly recommendations from a former gunsmith.

Edited by wretched

• Members
4 minutes ago, Brother Stafford said:

That looks like a pipe cutter roller mark about 1/4" back from the end of the barrel, no?

yeah. don't remind me :( Maybve I'll cover it with a punkin puncher later. :) https://www.amazon.com/HFD2-Puncher-M500-S-12-Mossberg-Maverick/dp/B00IHNBURO

1 minute ago, Brother Stafford said:

I'm an idiot.  No, really, I'm an idiot.

easy mistake, since the mag extension projects beyond the barrel.. Yeah, I should have covered it with some heavy-duty tape or something. Live and learn.

• Members

These are the only ones I have.  I alternate them, depending upon what I am wearing, as my EDC. I got started late in life and only a few years before I damaged my ears.  I used to go to the local range, once a week or so, with a friend of mine, but since I damaged my ears, I only go once or twice a year.   I go to an outdoor range (The Pit in Lapeer, Mich.) early in the morning, before anyone is there because the sound of gunfire is so painful now.  I'm looking to get a shotgun for the house, though.

wp-1489595590763.jpg