• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jehovah's Witness

• Administrators

Thank you for you reply. I think this is more of a cultural definition than anything else. What one see as bold another may see as sarcastic/rude/inappropriate. However, I see Jesus in those verses being bold and to the point, but I don't see him making fun of them. After all...It was it's love that brought Him here for them. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 3/12/2017 at 5:41 AM, Alan said:

Potatochip is correct.

The J.W.s' tend to be polite and try to deliberately to attract folks who have a professed Christian, or religious, background, who are not grounded in the doctrines of the faith. The J'W's normally do not go after saints who are grounded in the faith. They try and attract weak grounded saints, saints who are disgruntled with the church they are attending, or a lot of folks who are only professing Christians.

William J. Schnell was in the Jehovah's Witnesses' for over thirty years and worked himself up to the upper echelon's of the organization. After William Schnell left the J.W.'s, in 1954, he wrote a book, "Thirty Years  A Watchtower Slave." In the book, Schnell says this, "The Watch Tower leadership sensed that within the midst of Christendom were many millions of professing Chrstians who were not well grounded in the "truths one delivered to the saints," and who would be rather easily pried loose from the churches and led into a new and revitalized Watch Tower Organization. The Society calculated, and that rightly, that this lack of proper knowledge of God and the widespread acceptance of half-truths in Christendom, would yield vast masses of men and women, if the whole matter were wisely attacked, the attack sustained, and the results contained, and then reused in an overwidening circle."  (Thirty Years A Watchtower Slave," Baker Book House, Grand Rapids, Michigan,1957page 19). 

The main source of potential converts for the J.W.'s are doctrinaly weak professing Christians.

Jim Alaska is correct. We meet J.W's all the time while passing out tracts. They will not talk with us much as they want to spend their time and effort on weak professing Christians or those who are disgruntled with a church. The J.W.s will with a very polite smile, once they know we know what we are talkng about, refuse the tract, and walk away. The J.W.s know that for every grounded in the word saint there are multitudes ungrounded.

Think I heard or read somewhere that they claim a bulk of their converts were at one time professing Baptists!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Recently, I received some news that was both sad and good. There was a married couple who were JWs  who worked holidays for us on the abbulance I worked in while I was laid off from the steel mill.

Recently, the lady died, & in her obit there was a pic of them standing in fronta a Christmas tree. And I saw where her service would be conducted by a BAPTIST pastor. While I hadn't seen them for several years, as they'd moved from the area, it appears they'd left the JW cult ! PRAISE GOD, that those people had abandoned that false religion !

Edited by robycop3
typo