• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

MacArthur

DaveW

• Members
22 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

22 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Hmmm...let's see who's being deceitful....

It would appear that no one is being deceitful, yet your answer gave a certain impression. You never said whether you were saved in a church or not...so your own words defy you. Surely...as someone who holds to Calvinist doctrines, words mean something to you. Orval's assumption that you were saved in a "free-will church" are completely understandable, yet your constant accusations toward him (or her) are completely out of line.

Shame on you.

No actually I was very clear that I got saved and then joined a church The word "after" denotes an order of events In this case getting saved and then joining an Arminian church. 

Sorry if using polysyllabic words like "after" confused you. 

9 minutes ago, Orval said:

This in my opinion has become somewhat funny.  If you are not Calvinist then why would you defend Calvinism?  Secondly if you are not Calvinist then what are you?  Thirdly your comment "lots of Calvinists have got saved before becoming Calvinist, and therefore are saved in spite of being Calvinist" actually supports the same point you called me a liar on.  LOL

Actually those were aliantado's words that were edited into y post by mistake and have since been removed 

Edited by D-28 Player

• Members
32 minutes ago, D-28 Player said:

No actually I was very clear that I got saved and then joined a church The word "after" denotes an order of events In this case getting saved and then joining an Arminian church. 

No...you actually said that after you were saved, you joined a church. You said nothing about being saved in a church or not. To which, you responded to Orval; in which, you explicitly said...

1 hour ago, D-28 Player said:

I said that wasn't saved in any church

...which you didn't actually say.

37 minutes ago, D-28 Player said:

Sorry if using polysyllabic words like "after" confused you. 

LOL!

• Members
6 hours ago, D-28 Player said:

Can't wait to share this comment with the group on Facebook. The Calvinists in that group already think you guys are a hoot. 

By the way, I hope you've given them the link to the thread(s) from which you're "quoting" us so that they can see everything for themselves. It wouldn't be very nice to only give one side of the situation. 

Whether you did or not though doesn't matter in the end...

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

• Members
1 minute ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I will assume you're referring to us being liars...myself included.

Could you please point me to where I lied so that I can make it right between the Lord and yourself?

Yeah because you've been so conciliatory up to now 

• Members
6 minutes ago, D-28 Player said:

Yeah because you've been so conciliatory up to now 

Let's just be clear though...

From all that I've read, you're the only one who has voluntarily told a falsehood. Orval may have innocently misinterpreted what you said, but you (in turn) lied about what you said. Since you refuse to show me where I have lied, I will assume that you were just lashing out. I completely understand. The flesh can make us do things that are contrary to what the indwelling Holy Spirit would have us do. 

• Members

If D-28 is a product and example of the Calvinist system of religion...I don't know who would want it. The sarcasm he seethes is exactly what the world has to offer.

"He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself." 1 Timothy 6:4-5

• Members
3 hours ago, D-28 Player said:

And I would just as easily quote Revelation 21:8 to you and Orval and 1 Tim and DaveW

To the mods: My personal opinion is that with his current tirade of false accusations and petsonal attacks, it is time to grant his wish and get rid of him.

He is ramping up his attacks until you do just that, then he can brag to his friends how badly treated he has been.

Slandering Pastor Markle the way he has is totally unjustified, calling Orval a liar is unjust, and his general abusive nature is uncalled for.

And it is surely innappropriate to be copying posts (no doubt selectively) to use to make sport of anyone on other sites.

He has revealed his purpose and intent, and it is not to contribute in any way, but simply to cause strife. 

Pro 28:25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.

• Members
1 minute ago, DaveW said:

calling Orval a liar is unjust, and his general abusive nature is uncalled for.

And it is surely innappropriate to be copying posts (no doubt selectively) to use to make sport of anyone on other sites.

He has revealed his purpose and intent, and it is not to contribute in any way, but simply to cause strife. 

Pro 28:25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.

1 Actually Orval admitted that he lied and offered an apology 

2 If my intention was to "simply cause strife" then why did "The Real Bob Hutton" and I have a very nice conversation about history And why did I answer your question about Calvin's conversion in another thread even though I knew you weren't sincere Where was the "strife" when I was offering suggestions on a radio app or witnessing to Mormons

The only "strife" is by four specific posters in one thread and one poster in another thread who chose to stalk e to another thread and initiate an argument based on a book I said I was reading Not even a book I recommended or an author I recommended just a book I said I am reading  

The only "strife" isn't by e it's by you and three other posters because of your hatred of beliefs I hold to But you guys are so blinded by your hatred for Calvinists and Calvinism you didn't even attack a Calvinist You attacked somebody who has much in common with you who simply said "This isn't what Calvinism teaches"

My only sin here is believing that Calvinists are my brothers and sisters in Christ and not objects of contempt 

3 Are you equally outraged about the poster who stated outright that I am not saved siply because he believes I'm a Calvinist or the posters who have repeatedly labeled e a Calvinist even though I have explained several times that I am not or the poster who has repeatedly accused me of believing one must follow a "system" to be saved even though I've explained numerous ties that salvation is only by repentance and faith alone in Christ alone 

4 Nothing I've said on the Facebook group I've referred to has made you look bad They're reading the thread for themselves So it's your words they're shaking their heads at not merely what I tell them The only negative feedback I've gotten in that group is that I shouldn't have taken the bait and that I shouldn't have lost my temper when lied about repeatedly You guys on the other hand are not exactly doing yourselves any favors 

But don't worry I don't blame the rest of the posters on the board for the behavior of your four 

5 You say I'm proud and I am If I wasn't a sinner I wouldn't need a Savior But I have to ask who's ore proud: the man who admits he is powerless to save himself and must rely on the Lord to reach out to Hi or the an who says he can decided to be saved 

• Members
2 hours ago, D-28 Player said:

1 Actually Orval admitted that he lied and offered an apology 

2 If my intention was to "simply cause strife" then why did "The Real Bob Hutton" and I have a very nice conversation about history And why did I answer your question about Calvin's conversion in another thread even though I knew you weren't sincere Where was the "strife" when I was offering suggestions on a radio app or witnessing to Mormons

The only "strife" is by four specific posters in one thread and one poster in another thread who chose to stalk e to another thread and initiate an argument based on a book I said I was reading Not even a book I recommended or an author I recommended just a book I said I am reading  

The only "strife" isn't by e it's by you and three other posters because of your hatred of beliefs I hold to But you guys are so blinded by your hatred for Calvinists and Calvinism you didn't even attack a Calvinist You attacked somebody who has much in common with you who simply said "This isn't what Calvinism teaches"

My only sin here is believing that Calvinists are my brothers and sisters in Christ and not objects of contempt 

3 Are you equally outraged about the poster who stated outright that I am not saved siply because he believes I'm a Calvinist or the posters who have repeatedly labeled e a Calvinist even though I have explained several times that I am not or the poster who has repeatedly accused me of believing one must follow a "system" to be saved even though I've explained numerous ties that salvation is only by repentance and faith alone in Christ alone 

4 Nothing I've said on the Facebook group I've referred to has made you look bad They're reading the thread for themselves So it's your words they're shaking their heads at not merely what I tell them The only negative feedback I've gotten in that group is that I shouldn't have taken the bait and that I shouldn't have lost my temper when lied about repeatedly You guys on the other hand are not exactly doing yourselves any favors 

But don't worry I don't blame the rest of the posters on the board for the behavior of your four 

5 You say I'm proud and I am If I wasn't a sinner I wouldn't need a Savior But I have to ask who's ore proud: the man who admits he is powerless to save himself and must rely on the Lord to reach out to Hi or the an who says he can decided to be saved 

Quoting it before he changes it as he has done with many of his posts, deleting the worst of the false accusations and abusive comments.

• Members
On 04/04/2017 at 5:59 AM, D-28 Player said:

I really hope you're not implying that Calvinists don't believe salvation is by grace through faith in Christ because, if you are, that would be bearing false witness. 

On 04/04/2017 at 6:25 AM, DaveW said:

I really hope you have not joined this forum to call a member a liar - because that would be bearing false witness..... among other things.

On 04/04/2017 at 6:35 AM, D-28 Player said:

I didn't call you a liar. I said that implying that Calvinists do not believe or preach salvation is by grace through faith in Christ would be bearing false witness as they absolutely do believe and clearly preach that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ. 

This was our first discourse of this thread.

You resurrected a thread that had been dead for over a month for the express purpose of accusing me of bearing false witness. That is the way that you meant it, for when I COPIED YOUR WORDING, you immediately protested my post. Even though ti was your wording with the "implied accusation" changed.

As you can see, your first post in this thread, which had run its course until you brought it back, was to attack me and accuse me of lying - which is what false witness is - let's not make bones about it.

So there is no way that you can "Take the high moral ground" in this when you attacked first and then protested my use of your own phrasing turned back on you.

And then to accuse me as you have about my other thread, in which I was entirely civil - AS YOU ADMITTED - and then proceeded to accuse my motives WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE, making this an entirely UNFOUNDED accusation or should I say "False witness" against me, is the height of Pharisaical hypocrisy.

Then to attack time and again Pastor Markle, after first ignoring his posts entirely, until you were pressed, is entirely unjustified, and nothing if not a false witness against him.

Then to accuse Orval for what he admitted was a mistake, not a deliberate misrepresentation is simply mean spirited, and also bearing false witness.

Accusing various others here of being liars in their statements here, is once again bearing false witness by your slander.

And associating Rev 21:8 with myself and others here is simply abhorrent.

You sir, as noted in this post, are absolutely bearing false witness in multiple ways and on multiple occasions, and have absolutely condemned yourself by your own accusations and words.

You have consistently either refused to answer questions at all, or given evasive answers, and used belittling language and sarcasm in response to questions INSTEAD of answering them.

You are not here to defend your system of belief, or else you would do that. Instead you are here to cause strife, to cause division, and to cause trouble.

This is evidenced by your own words, and particularly by the fact that you post (as you originally said) or at least refer others (as you changed your statement) to this thread FOR THE PURPOSES OF RIDICULE.

This then is your purpose in being here - not the reasons you stated.

I will ask you directly, and would be exceptionally surprised if you answer - WHAT WAS YOUR PREVIOUS USERNAME ON THIS SITE?

If you have indeed been registered on this site before and been banned for just this sort of activity, then that makes you also guilty of deceit, to add to the rest.

I am done now, apologies to the Mods for the rant, no apologies to D-28 who has set out to offend and cause division in any way that he can, as evidenced by his actions and statements in this thread in particular, as outlined above. These are no shallow accusations but evidenced statements.

• Members

To D-28,

I have waited all day for you to respond to my presupposition that Reformed place their faith in their election.  You have called me a liar on two occasions and yet you have not refuted in any way my reasoning for saying what I do.  So I will ask again this simple question can you be saved without election or God sovereignty? You say you get saved by Christ alone through faith alone yet you (the reformed) also believe you cannot be saved apart from election.  If as you say it is Christ alone through faith alone then admit you do not need election and I will walk away from this thread.  I do not believe you can say election is not necessary thereby proving you place faith in the election of God more than the Christ.  I know this angers you, but this is the only way I can show you that Calvinism is a system of believe and is inconsistent in light of scripture.  Each point of Calvinism needs, in fact has to have, the support of the other four points.   

By the way you have not, to this point answered my questions.  Are you a Calvinist and what is your church affiliation? 

My intent in this post, is for you to seriously consider what I am saying and respond in a gracious manner.  Regardless of what you might believe I do not hate Calvinists.   Also I know I am saved, I know the date, the year and the time I was saved, I know exactly where I was when I got saved so being accused of not being saved does not offend me at all Satan has accused me of that many times over the forty plus years I have served my Savior.  

Try to enjoy the challenges presented to you by the posters on this forum, if truth is the desired end why not take the time to express your rebuttals with the Word of God.  I think you will be received much better even if folks believe you are wrong in your doctrine.  Just a suggestion.