• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

MacArthur

DaveW

• Members
9 minutes ago, DaveW said:

I really hope you have not joined this forum to call a member a liar - because that would be bearing false witness..... among other things.

I didn't call you a liar. I said that implying that Calvinists do not believe or preach salvation is by grace through faith in Christ would be bearing false witness as they absolutely do believe and clearly preach that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ. 

• Members

Hey bro,

I believe it's pretty much like Brother Dave said. In Calvinist belief, God "enables" a sinner who is totally Unable (The "T") who has NO RESISTANCE to the "Irresistable grace". That is not grace through faith; it's sortof like a remote control robot or something I guess. Furthermore, I believe that attributing "Tulip" theology to our God, IS bearing false witness against Him! And I can't afford a D-28; I play a BR160. :)

Edited by heartstrings
Sorry, that was supposed to be a "U"

• Members
53 minutes ago, D-28 Player said:

I didn't call you a liar. I said that implying that Calvinists do not believe or preach salvation is by grace through faith in Christ would be bearing false witness as they absolutely do believe and clearly preach that salvation is by grace through faith in Christ. 

Hi...welcome to the forum. 

Do you believe that God controls all aspects of everything? 

I used to have a classical Takamine...best guitar that I ever had. I no longer play though.

• Members
6 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I used to have a classical Takamine...best guitar that I ever had. I no longer play though.

Nice

yeah, where's my manners. Welcome to the forum D-28

• Members
8 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Thanks.

Yes. God is sovereign over everything. 

I'm pretty big so I like a big heavy guitar. I like Takamine but they're a little too light for me. 

4 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

Nice

yeah, where's my manners. Welcome to the forum D-28

Thanks

• Members
22 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

In Calvinist belief, God "enables" a sinner who is totally enable (The "T") who has NO RESISTANCE to the "Irresistable grace". That is not grace through faith; it's sort of like a remote control robot or something I guess. Furthermore, I believe that attributing "Tulip" theology to our God, IS bearing false witness against Him! And I can't afford a D-28; I play a BR160. :)

The Calvinist would say that although God must regenerate a person before they can exercise faith that it's still their faith. 

I play a BR5-49

• Members
3 hours ago, D-28 Player said:

The Calvinist would say that although God must regenerate a person before they can exercise faith that it's still their faith. 

I play a BR5-49

At this point a study on regeneration would be instructive.

I have a Fenix D-12M.

Edited by DaveW

• Members
14 minutes ago, D-28 Player said:

Thanks.

Yes. God is sovereign over everything. 

I'm pretty big so I like a big heavy guitar. I like Takamine but they're a little too light for me. 

To be honest, I guess I'm not enough of a guitar guru to know whether a guitar is too light or not. LOL! I used to just appreciate the sound and whether the strings were easily pressed against the frets (or not). Playing the Takamine (that I had) was like my fingers were placing a feather on a placid lake. How's that for an illustration! LOL! :) Still, to own a Martin would be wonderful.

Thank you for your answer. If I could show you (from the Bible) that God doesn't control every action of man, would you be willing to accept it?

• Members
5 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

To be honest, I guess I'm not enough of a guitar guru to know whether a guitar is too light or not. LOL! I used to just appreciate the sound and whether the strings were easily pressed against the frets (or not). Playing the Takamine (that I had) was like my fingers were placing a feather on a placid lake. How's that for an illustration! LOL! :) Still, to own a Martin would be wonderful.

Thank you for your answer. If I could show you (from the Bible) that God doesn't control every action of man, would you be willing to accept it?

As for the guitar it's all about what is comfortable for you 

I didn't say that God controls man I just said that God is sovereign over everything 

• Members
8 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Okay, thank you. If I may, then may I ask whether you believe that mankind has freewill or not? 

The Calvinist would say that man has free will, but because of his fallen state, does not have the ability to seek God 

• Members
4 minutes ago, D-28 Player said:

The Calvinist would say that man has free will, but because of his fallen state, does not have the ability to seek God 

Okay. Is that also your belief then? 

As to God being sovereign, could you expound on what exactly you mean by that? 

I'm not trying to pressure you, so please only respond as you see fit. If you want me to take a hike, I'll do so. :)

• Members
32 minutes ago, D-28 Player said:

In looking over the link that you provided, I will therefore assume that its content is also your belief. At this point, I will cease in asking any further questions. I still am concerned that your belief may entail the U, L, or I of TULIP at this point (or their various intertwined concepts), but I do appreciate what I gathered from the link inasmuch as I gathered from it.