• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Grammys as godless as ever

• Members

I haven't watched the Grammy's in over 20 years.  I've never really enjoyed watching it; even before I was saved.  I finally abandoned and denounced all worldly music 5 years ago when my ears got damaged.  I abhor worldly music.  However, I wanted to see a bit of what the world is in love with and I decided to look through some of the Youtube videos of this year's Grammy awards. 

Imagine if hundreds of demons decided to give each other awards and perform for each other, patting themselves, and each other, on their backs for who has introduced more evil into the world.  Well, that's what it seemed like I was watching.

Some female singer is pregnant, apparently, and she was dressed like the virgin Mary in a Byzantine painting, during her performance, and then with another Mary-esque head covering during her acceptance; a symbolic attempt of making herself the mother of God and her unborn baby as the second coming of Christ.  Another female singer was unashamedly drinking alcohol from a jeweled flask throughout the evening.  Two young punk idiots learned that they won an award, so before accepting, they stopped, took off their pants and accepted the award standing on stage in their underwear.  Another female singer appeared in clothing that was almost completely exposing her breasts.  Another female singer botched a tribute song to a dead sodomite, so she cursed and fussed and demanded to start the song again.  There were many other women dressed like prostitutes and many of the attendees thought it appropriate to bring their children along with them; one man even dressed his 11 year old daughter up in a sleek, form fitting dress.

To represent "Christian" music, the winner of the best Gospel song, a gigantic black woman in a tighter than skin tight dress, both praised Jesus and took the Lord's name in vain in the same sentence... several times.  A family won best contemporary Christian album and they thanked the recording industry, the recording academy, Ricky Scaggs, Richie Biggs, Capitol Records, BMI Records, their "whole team," and their bandmates.  No thanks to God or Jesus. The only mention of God was to say, "God bless you, I hope it's a good day," at the conclusion of their acceptance.  The girls were so emotional that they couldn't speak; they had their father accept the award for them while they stood by sobbing; grateful that they "were finally recognized by the academy."   So, those were the representatives of Christianity in the music industry for the world to see.

According to the world, these people are the best of the best.  I am indescribably grateful that my hearing was damaged.  I truly believe that God either caused it to happen or at least allowed it to happen, and has used it to open my eyes to the evils of the music of the world.  There is nothing at all of value in that industry, other than the souls in need of saving through the power of the Gospel and the Holy Spirit.  Aside from that, the entire thing is irredeemable and should be avoided like the plague.

Edited by Brother Stafford