• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Music in Church

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
So what is wrong with dancing to the lord? Been to several CCM concerts and saw no innappropriate dancing to the lord.

All forms of dancing are forbidden! John the Baptist lost his head because of a woman who danced seductively in front of the King.

• Members

Of course you don't see anyting inappropriate from the CCM crowd. You don't want to, and you will fight tooth and nail to keep CCM in your life. My question is why? Why is it so important that we accept CCM? Why must we allow just another part of the world in our worship services? Was the worship of 50 years ago so bad? The roots of CCM are mired in filth. If you do not believe it study out any of the contemprary music genres out there. Why must we allow this part (or any part) of the worlds filth into our church. I go to church to get away from the world, not to have to participate in the worlds garbage.

When those of my age are dead and gone and you are in our shoes, you will be fighting the same battles with the youth of your time, and some more ground will be lost. Satan will have won another battle. Who knows, maybe it will be nose and tongue piercings, or mid thigh dresses, or gay preachers...,but wait, these battles are already happening. Where do we draw the line? Good traditional, God-fearing, conservative churches are getting harder and harder to find. Why do you think this is? Perhaps it is because we keep taking another step to the left to appease our youth.

So what is wrong with dancing to the lord? Been to several CCM concerts and saw no innappropriate dancing to the lord.

I'd like to know the difference between inappropriate dancing and appropriate dancing. What kind of dancing honors God?

I've never seen anyone give a good answer to this question.

• Members

I'd like to know the difference between inappropriate dancing and appropriate dancing. What kind of dancing honors God?

I've never seen anyone give a good answer to this question.

King David may be the best source to ask about that......he seems to have gotten along quite fine praising the Lord God using appropriate dancing!

• Members
I tend to prefer contemporary services. They are a whole lot more meaningful than people staring down at their hymnbooks and quoting the verses.

so you think that QOATING these new songs is better than qoating these old songs, meaningful, so you disrespect the rest of us who love to praise God through our hymns, the new songs have no more meanigfulness than the old ones, some are good most repeat the same things over and over more like a chant, but I guess thats ok in the more contemporary services, which I take to mean more worldly, more acceptable to the unsaved folks in this world something that wont step on your toes but tickle ears. You have obviously never been in a church that praises God through singing of hymns, there is nothing like it. That being said its all about praising God not how it makes you feel, and deffinatly not whats popular.

• Members

First let me say that a lot of saved people know the words to many of the world's songs, does that make them unsaved? Do you (Tank) or TRC actually think these things through before you write?

so you think that QOATING these new songs is better than qoating these old songs, meaningful, so you disrespect the rest of us who love to praise God through our hymns, the new songs have no more meanigfulness than the old ones, some are good most repeat the same things over and over more like a chant, but I guess thats ok in the more contemporary services, which I take to mean more worldly, more acceptable to the unsaved folks in this world something that wont step on your toes but tickle ears. You have obviously never been in a church that praises God through singing of hymns, there is nothing like it. That being said its all about praising God not how it makes you feel, and deffinatly not whats popular.

Spot on Ray! I'd like to add that it has been implied that many traditional churches/services are dead because of their use of hymnals. Well, if the service is dead it doesn't matter what style of music you use, it will still be a dead service. God will only be in those services where He is honestly and sincerely worshipped. This may not be as evident in the CCM church because you have the worldly rhythms and beat to get the blood moving. Not because of what God is doing, but because of what those worldly rhythms are doing. The service is just as dead, it's just masked behind CCM and other parts of the world that have been let in. Dr. Feelgood has been let into the church.

• Members
First let me say that a lot of saved people know the words to many of the world's songs, does that make them unsaved? Do you (Tank) or TRC actually think these things through before you write?

Spot on Ray! I'd like to add that it has been implied that many traditional churches/services are dead because of their use of hymnals. Well, if the service is dead it doesn't matter what style of music you use, it will still be a dead service. God will only be in those services where He is honestly and sincerely worshipped. This may not be as evident in the CCM church because you have the worldly rhythms and beat to get the blood moving. Not because of what God is doing, but because of what those worldly rhythms are doing. The service is just as dead, it's just masked behind CCM and other parts of the world that have been let in. Dr. Feelgood has been let into the church.

I have no idea what your are referring to and why you included me in the same reference as Tank. I believe if you go back and read the entire thread, I've written about my love for the hymns.

No one should assume that those of us who love the older Gospel hymns aren't as passionate about the Lord Jesus Christ as those of us who also very much enjoy some newer and more instrument diverse praise songs and vice versa. I personally love and can sing from memory the great majority of the hymns from the Great Hymns of the Faith Red Hymnal. And I also love some of the newer praise songs and music as well. Do I enjoy so called "Christian Rock" (i.e. Stryper' date=' etc.)?...... no I do not.[/quote']

So, perhaps you could include a reference to the item you have in mind when you said, "Do you (Tank) or TRC actually think these things through before you write?" Then I could respond in kind. Thank you.