• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Antichrist will come from

• Members
13 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

God will cause the people that heard the gospel and rejected Jesus to believe the lie of the antichrist. Many Americans will be caused by God to believe the antichrist.

2 Thessalonians 2:6-12

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

God chooses the antichrist.

• Members
3 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

God chooses the antichrist.

? What does that even mean, and how does it relate to this topic?

God has already told us some specifics in His Word about the antichrist. The man that He will allow to become the antichrist has already been chosen, and we are just awaiting those details to be fulfilled. He will not “choose” someone contrary to what He has already revealed.

• Members
On 4/1/2019 at 10:56 AM, Jerry said:

God has already told us some specifics in His Word about the antichrist. The man that He will allow to become the antichrist has already been chosen, and we are just awaiting those details to be fulfilled. He will not “choose” someone contrary to what He has already revealed.

Yes God will choose the man he wants the people to follow. And he will cause them to believe the lie of the antichrist. the home base of the antichrist is Babylon. Mystery Babylon is a whore that replaces the bride. All of the "christian denominations and Catholics will merge to form the false church" after the rapture. Mystery Babylon will rule the Christian nations for the first half of the tribulation because of the fear of the people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 4/1/2019 at 10:56 AM, Jerry said:

A little aside - I believe God will give him the chance to repent & come to Jesus, same as  Jesus gave Iscariot the chance by letting him know He was aware of Judas' plans. & that it'd be better for 'that man' if he'd never been born.  But the future 'beast' will likely pass  & choose Satan.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
On 1/27/2017 at 11:11 PM, Eric Stahl said:

Revelation 16:10

10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,

666 will come from a kingdom that will become dark before Armageddon.

In the Kingdom age the sun and moon will not set over Israel and they won't give light. When the sun stays over Israel the other side of the earth will stay dark.

Isaiah 60:18-20

18 Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.

19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.

20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

When the sun and moon stay over Israel America will be dark. Europe Africa the middle east and Asia will be in the light. The saeat of power for the beast starts on america's side of the earth.And America is the most strongholds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The "seat of the beast" will be in Jerusalem or thereabouts, or maybe Rome.

I believe that,  as the great trib progresses, smoke & dust from the other catastrophes will block out most natural light from the sun & moon, fulfilling Joel's prophecy of the "blood moon". (It won't be a lunar eclipse, all of which are predicted far in advance.)

( I have theorized about the cause of the natural disasters of the trib, which, of course, will be under God's control, but that's for other discussions.)

I believe this darkness will be worldwide, and will cause worldwide crop failures, as well as  likely killing everyone with COPD or other respiratory probs, but will only be part of the series of disasters which will come in rapid order, as outlined in the Revelation. And Jesus will cut them short just before His return before all flesh can perish.

• Members
On 7/4/2019 at 10:03 AM, robycop3 said:

The "seat of the beast" will be in Jerusalem or thereabouts, or maybe Rome.

I believe that,  as the great trib progresses, smoke & dust from the other catastrophes will block out most natural light from the sun & moon, fulfilling Joel's prophecy of the "blood moon". (It won't be a lunar eclipse, all of which are predicted far in advance.)

( I have theorized about the cause of the natural disasters of the trib, which, of course, will be under God's control, but that's for other discussions.)

I believe this darkness will be worldwide, and will cause worldwide crop failures, as well as  likely killing everyone with COPD or other respiratory probs, but will only be part of the series of disasters which will come in rapid order, as outlined in the Revelation. And Jesus will cut them short just before His return before all flesh can perish.

During the last half of the tribulation the antichrist will set up his palace in Israel.

Daniel 11:45

45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Under the shadow of the moon in the last half of the tribulation.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Here are extracts from my book, Dismantling Dispensationalism: A guide to better understanding the Last Days and the End Times, that I hope might be helpful:

The Antichrist Conundrum and Distraction

The Antichrist Conundrum

Throughout Church history many have postulated who the Antichrist is. Some believe that he is yet to come . . . Others have proposed 1st century Roman emperors, certain world or religious leaders, and even the papal system itself.

. . .

Scriptures clearly point to an initial 1st century Antichrist, while others indicate repeated manifestations of this figure throughout Church history, and still others speak of a final Antichrist who is destroyed at Christ’s return. In a nutshell, Daniel prophesied that the Antichrist would be a 1st century Roman emperor. This is corroborated by John who wrote of his imminent appearance in his 1st letter. Revelation, however, also depicts the Antichrist as an ongoing enemy throughout the Church age. Furthermore, it speaks of the Antichrist’s demise when Christ returns, as does 2nd Thessalonians.

Clearly, in order for the Antichrist to be a 1st century manifestation, as well as an ongoing one and an end-time character, he has to be represented by more than one person. As I see it, our inability to agree on who the Antichrist was, is, or will be, is further proof that not one person fully represents everything said about the Antichrist.

Who Is the Antichrist?  

Introduction

In this chapter I give an outline of the various uses of the term ‘Antichrist.’ In the process I also give a broad interpretation of the human leader called the Antichrist who I see as a recurrent enemy of the Church . . .

The Antichrist – An Evil Spirit             

. . . 

If we are not careful, we can be so busy identifying who the Antichrist is that we don’t recognize that the spirit of the Antichrist is presently at work. This spirit is always undermining Christ and those who are His and the positive difference that they make in society.

The Antichrist – Many Persons

When John wrote the Gospel of John and his first and second epistle, he specifically aimed his message at early Gnosticism, calling individual proponents of this belief system ‘the deceiver and the antichrist’ (2 John 1:7). It was not only the individual teachers who were designated as the Antichrist, but also anyone, because he said ‘This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son’ (1 John 2:22).

. . .

This broad definition not only allows for multiple persons to be the Antichrist, it also encompasses the entire range of ways in which Jesus Christ is denied. Ultimately all other religions, atheists and agnostics are Antichrist (anti-Christ) because they deny that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

The Antichrist – A Roman Emperor

According to John, the evidence of many Antichrists was confirmation that it was ‘the last hour’ and, therefore, that the manifestation of an expected Antichrist leader was imminent. Consider 1 John 2:18 that says ‘...as you have heard that the antichrist is coming...’ and 2 Thessalonians 2:3 ‘...unless...the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction.’ Both of these Scriptures speak of expecting this individual.

Several hundred years before this, the prophet Daniel had clearly predicted the sequence of events that would unfold in Jewish history.

. . . 

Though the ‘man of lawlessness’ is said to be in existence at Christ’s return, it stands to reason that the Antichrist would also manifest early on in the life of the Church as a satanic attack in opposition to Christ and His people. Moreover, in order for Christ’s return to carry the expectation and surprise that the Scriptures associate with it, an early manifestation of the Antichrist was logically necessary. Unlike the Thessalonians who were told that the day of the Lord would not come before the man of lawlessness is revealed, the Church can expect Christ to appear at any time, because the Antichrist has since been revealed.

The Antichrist – An End-Time Incarnation

While 2 Thessalonians 2 expected an individual called ‘the man of lawlessness’ and the book of Revelation speaks of ‘the beast,’ careful comparison shows that these characters are the same person as the Antichrist. According to the Scriptures, ‘the man of lawlessness’ and ‘the beast’ get destroyed at Christ’s return; therefore, this Antichrist leader is not only a 1st century individual, but an end-time character too.

It seems that it is by God’s design that we will never know who the last Antichrist will be, thereby keeping Christ’s return date a mystery. All we know is that at Christ’s return he will be destroyed.

The Antichrist – Repeated Incarnations

. . .

After the initial Antichrist, who was most likely Emperor Domitian, others have carried the mantle in subsequent generations. These were most likely leaders like Emperor Diocletian, certain popes (arguably the papal system itself), and several other religious and world leaders.

The attributes and activities associated with the incarnate Antichrist are not fulfilled in their entirety in any one individual, including the end-time Antichrist. By way of example, none can be both alive in the 1st century and at the end when Jesus returns . . .

It appears that while we are so busy identifying who the Antichrist might have been, or who he might be, or who he might one day be, we miss the enigma that he has and will manifest recurrently.

-----

The above can be found in posts titled, Who Is The Antichrist, on my website, Real Church Life.

--------

Food for Thought

If Revelation gives a picture to the Church of a recurring Antichrist until Christ's return, he can also manifest simultaneously. For example, wherever contemporary antichrist leaders like Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini had influence over God's people, they were each, in their own right, a reincarnation of "the beast" of Revelation to Christ's Church in those places.

And, what of Trump? Is he an American version of the beast? See my book, EVANGELICALS, TRUMP, AND THE BIBLE: The Bride and The Beast of The Apocalypse.

A free version of the book can be read on my website, The Bride and The Beast.

Edited by Dr. Robert S. Morley
Inserted several links, removed the links

• 6 months later...
  • Members
On 4/15/2023 at 2:27 PM, Dr. Robert S. Morley said:

Here are extracts from my book, Dismantling Dispensationalism: A guide to better understanding the Last Days and the End Times, that I hope might be helpful:

The Antichrist Conundrum and Distraction

The Antichrist Conundrum

Throughout Church history many have postulated who the Antichrist is. Some believe that he is yet to come . . . Others have proposed 1st century Roman emperors, certain world or religious leaders, and even the papal system itself.

. . .

Scriptures clearly point to an initial 1st century Antichrist, while others indicate repeated manifestations of this figure throughout Church history, and still others speak of a final Antichrist who is destroyed at Christ’s return. In a nutshell, Daniel prophesied that the Antichrist would be a 1st century Roman emperor. This is corroborated by John who wrote of his imminent appearance in his 1st letter. Revelation, however, also depicts the Antichrist as an ongoing enemy throughout the Church age. Furthermore, it speaks of the Antichrist’s demise when Christ returns, as does 2nd Thessalonians.

Clearly, in order for the Antichrist to be a 1st century manifestation, as well as an ongoing one and an end-time character, he has to be represented by more than one person. As I see it, our inability to agree on who the Antichrist was, is, or will be, is further proof that not one person fully represents everything said about the Antichrist.

Who Is the Antichrist?  

Introduction

In this chapter I give an outline of the various uses of the term ‘Antichrist.’ In the process I also give a broad interpretation of the human leader called the Antichrist who I see as a recurrent enemy of the Church . . .

The Antichrist – An Evil Spirit             

. . . 

If we are not careful, we can be so busy identifying who the Antichrist is that we don’t recognize that the spirit of the Antichrist is presently at work. This spirit is always undermining Christ and those who are His and the positive difference that they make in society.

The Antichrist – Many Persons

When John wrote the Gospel of John and his first and second epistle, he specifically aimed his message at early Gnosticism, calling individual proponents of this belief system ‘the deceiver and the antichrist’ (2 John 1:7). It was not only the individual teachers who were designated as the Antichrist, but also anyone, because he said ‘This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son’ (1 John 2:22).

. . .

This broad definition not only allows for multiple persons to be the Antichrist, it also encompasses the entire range of ways in which Jesus Christ is denied. Ultimately all other religions, atheists and agnostics are Antichrist (anti-Christ) because they deny that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

The Antichrist – A Roman Emperor

According to John, the evidence of many Antichrists was confirmation that it was ‘the last hour’ and, therefore, that the manifestation of an expected Antichrist leader was imminent. Consider 1 John 2:18 that says ‘...as you have heard that the antichrist is coming...’ and 2 Thessalonians 2:3 ‘...unless...the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction.’ Both of these Scriptures speak of expecting this individual.

Several hundred years before this, the prophet Daniel had clearly predicted the sequence of events that would unfold in Jewish history.

. . . 

Though the ‘man of lawlessness’ is said to be in existence at Christ’s return, it stands to reason that the Antichrist would also manifest early on in the life of the Church as a satanic attack in opposition to Christ and His people. Moreover, in order for Christ’s return to carry the expectation and surprise that the Scriptures associate with it, an early manifestation of the Antichrist was logically necessary. Unlike the Thessalonians who were told that the day of the Lord would not come before the man of lawlessness is revealed, the Church can expect Christ to appear at any time, because the Antichrist has since been revealed.

The Antichrist – An End-Time Incarnation

While 2 Thessalonians 2 expected an individual called ‘the man of lawlessness’ and the book of Revelation speaks of ‘the beast,’ careful comparison shows that these characters are the same person as the Antichrist. According to the Scriptures, ‘the man of lawlessness’ and ‘the beast’ get destroyed at Christ’s return; therefore, this Antichrist leader is not only a 1st century individual, but an end-time character too.

It seems that it is by God’s design that we will never know who the last Antichrist will be, thereby keeping Christ’s return date a mystery. All we know is that at Christ’s return he will be destroyed.

The Antichrist – Repeated Incarnations

. . .

After the initial Antichrist, who was most likely Emperor Domitian, others have carried the mantle in subsequent generations. These were most likely leaders like Emperor Diocletian, certain popes (arguably the papal system itself), and several other religious and world leaders.

The attributes and activities associated with the incarnate Antichrist are not fulfilled in their entirety in any one individual, including the end-time Antichrist. By way of example, none can be both alive in the 1st century and at the end when Jesus returns . . .

It appears that while we are so busy identifying who the Antichrist might have been, or who he might be, or who he might one day be, we miss the enigma that he has and will manifest recurrently.

-----

The above can be found in posts titled, Who Is The Antichrist, on my website, Real Church Life.

--------

Food for Thought

If Revelation gives a picture to the Church of a recurring Antichrist until Christ's return, he can also manifest simultaneously. For example, wherever contemporary antichrist leaders like Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini had influence over God's people, they were each, in their own right, a reincarnation of "the beast" of Revelation to Christ's Church in those places.

And, what of Trump? Is he an American version of the beast? See my book, EVANGELICALS, TRUMP, AND THE BIBLE: The Bride and The Beast of The Apocalypse.

A free version of the book can be read on my website, The Bride and The Beast.

I know that the Dr. cannot reply, but he did mentioned the evangelicals and Trump at the end. Interesting