• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Genesis 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

From the day God said this all families continued until a member was blessed by Isaac's descendants or Ishmael's descendants. Think about all the families wiped out when the Jews took their homeland the 1st time. Before that happened Abram or a descendant had been a blessing to them. 

Think of all the gentile peoples God kept a family member alive until a missionary told them the Good News of Jesus. Think of all the American Indians!!!

God amazes me over and over. 

• Members

Genesis 22:16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which
is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Here we see the LORD add to HIS promise.

The LORD sees Isaac as Abraham's only seed!!!

Also we see the LORD alter the blessing from families to nations. 

How many nations disappeared from the earth before Jesus' gospel was spread around the world? So a descendant of Abraham had to travel to that nation and be a blessing to them before the nation disappeared.