• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sound online IFB Preaching?

• Members

I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for videos of preachers with sound sermons.  I have what David Cloud has made available, but he does not make new videos available often.  The only ones that I come across on YouTube are those of Kent Hovind, Steven Anderson and their "offspring," and I don't consider their teachings biblically sound. 

Any recommendations?

Edited by Brother Stafford

• Members

First up - I do not recommend on line preaching at all, simply because many people use it instead of actually assembling together. (Not suggesting that is you direction).

The link here below is from a man and church I greatly respect and they only began posting vids as a ministry to isolated churches - one in particular.

They do not intend it to be a substitue for church, but are trying to help pastorless churches. They also send preachers to the particular church  once a month.

However, the Pastor here is sound. (Note: this is the first video on their channel - I make no claims in any respect for this video.)

And again, I would suggest that anyone first of all attend every service of their own church before seeking out any on line preaching.

• Members
11 minutes ago, DaveW said:

First up - I do not recommend on line preaching at all, simply because many people use it instead of actually assembling together. (Not suggesting that is you direction).

Thank you for that video.  I will look at it tomorrow.  I am not looking to use online preaching as a substitute for Church.  I have decided to completely and permanently stop watching all television shows and films.  I am looking for other things to watch, occasionally, that are godly and edifying. 

• Members

I figured that was the case, but I had to post the qualifier for other readers.

It is not the particular video,  but rather the channel - they have several years of preaching and special meetings on youtube.

• Members

Yes, to be clear, if a Christian does not have a church that they can attend regularly, they need to make finding one their top priority; even to the possibility of relocating.  Perhaps if one is a shut-in or is otherwise physically unable to attend a local church, they might prove to be the exception and may seek online sermons in place of attending.  However, even in those instances, many churches have members and/or pastors that will do visitations.

• Members

Many years ago tapes of the preaching were prepared for "shut ins".

I guess today the equivalent is online access.

As I said, the above is provided primarily for small isolated churches that have no pastor - not enough pastors in Austrlia, that's for sure, but there are more than a few small fellowships and churches that know better than to take just anyone.....

• Members

I have heard the "threat" that online sermons are a weakness for some Christians who just don't feel like going to church.

I have never seen cases of that occurring.

So when I hear that thoughtline I laugh. Because most, that would possibly do such, probably need to get some preaching in'em to correct them before they will attend a service, and anyone else would do the norm - listen to preaching to edify themselves during the times they are not at services. 

Online preaching and teaching affects real church attendance zero.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Administrators

GP, just because you have never seen cases of that occurring doesn't mean that it doesn't occur. I have seen it myself and talked to people that will readily listen to online sermons and deny the need to attend regular church services.

This leaves them open to anything that comes along because they have no idea how to determine which online preaching is correct and which is not. It is especially dangerous for someone who is not saved, or a baby Christian.

• Members

I have five friends, who all live in different areas, who replace attendance with online sermons.  I have invited them to my church and I have found churches near them that I have offered to attend with them, but they refuse and tell me that they don't see the need to go and that they prefer just watching them online, without the hassle of being in a physical building.

I used to watch a man named Greg Boyd from Woodland Hills Church (whom I now to to be an incredibly false teacher), and a large number of his membership has never set foot in their church.  He calls them "pod-rishioners."

I used to work on the tech team as the "North Campus Portability Director" at Kensington Community Church (a completely worldly and heretical church) and they encouraged (from the stage and in promotional videos) the practice of online/distance membership (especially the ones willing to tithe).  At the time, we had about 12,000 active members who physically attended one of the two campuses (there are more campuses now), and about 600 registered and tithing members who only watched live or previously recorded services online.

Edited by Brother Stafford

• Members
2 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

GP, just because you have never seen cases of that occurring doesn't mean that it doesn't occur. I have seen it myself and talked to people that will readily listen to online sermons and deny the need to attend regular church services.

This leaves them open to anything that comes along because they have no idea how to determine which online preaching is correct and which is not. It is especially dangerous for someone who is not saved, or a baby Christian.

Please reread the highlighted sections Jim, as I didn't say it never happens.

3 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

I have heard the "threat" that online sermons are a weakness for some Christians who just don't feel like going to church.

I have never seen cases of that occurring.

So when I hear that thoughtline I laugh. Because most, that would possibly do such, probably need to get some preaching in'em to correct them before they will attend a service, and anyone else would do the norm - listen to preaching to edify themselves during the times they are not at services. 

Online preaching and teaching affects real church attendance zero.

Just my opinion.

Never said it didn't occur. And I see it as no threat to "real church attendance", still.

• Administrators

GP, I didn't say that you said it never happens. I said that you said you had never seen cases of it.

So, if you were the pastor of a church you would have no problem with your members listening to online preaching, preaching that may lead them astray? Preaching that may be in direct contradiction to what you preach is not a danger?

I hesitate to start listing the warnings against false teachers and wolves in sheep's clothing that the bible contains. Would you not agree that there are many false teachers and preachers online as well as on TV?

Would it be OK with you for your church members to listen to these men?