• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Writing The Bible

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Musician4God1611 said:

Has anybody ever tried to write out the Bible?

I'm working on the New Testament right now, and it really gives a new perspective on word by word translation.

Any one else out there ever tried it, or thought about it, or am I the only crazy person on here?

Your Mama does it, but she's not on here.

• Members

I want to eventually hand copy the bible but I need to work on my writing form some more first. That way I'll have a somewhat descent product when I am done. There are nice hardback "journible"s that can be bought for the handwriting project as well. One side is for notes and thoughts you have for the passage and the other is for the verses. I have been thinking about getting them or something nice like it for the project. http://www.the1718series.com

Currently I'm working on putting the bible into an outline format to help with my sermon preparation.

Edited by John Young

• Members

They actually sell 400 page journals in Wal-Mart that are like a soft faux leather. 400 pages is about what you're going to need for the New Testament, depending, of course, on how small or large you write.

I think that one thing to remember is that you aren't writing this so that generations after you can have the Word of God, you're writing it for your benefit. I believe it is more important to just do it than to worry about the cosmetics of the finished product. My wife just finished the New Testament and she used regular lined letter paper in a folder.

Consider Deuteronomy 17:18. God's expectation for leaders has not changed.