• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

America's Elections just get more weird...

• Administrators

The fault doesn't lie with the states. It is Jill Stein (green party candidate), who is insisting on the recounts. Stein has no standing, because no amount of recounts will change her next-to-nothing results. Ergo, the states should tell her to go jump. She did, in fact, wait too long to file in PA, so that's one less state they can count on.

Progressives want to destroy the electoral college. Popular voting is exactly what our founders did NOT want, and it is precisely because they knew what a majority vote would bring about. Sadly, Trump is not helping the situation any, by claiming that he would have even won the popular vote, had it not been for the "millions" of illegals who voted. If his tweet is taken seriously, that will call in to question the votes in EVERY state. 

I agree. I'm tired of the mess, too. 

• Moderators

So far, Pennsylvania isn't doing it, but primarily because Jillenstein can't raise the 7 million for the recount there-but she isn't giving up! She's going to federal court to try to force them to do it. Meanwhile, I believe Wisconsin is doing a recount, which so far has only netted Hillary two more votes than before and Trump one more, so Hillary made i vote gain overall. Oddly Stein and johnson both picked up quite a few more, but I suspect anything they geain will be statistically meaningless.

If i were from michigan, I'd be pretty mad, because they spent three weeks making sure of their count because it was so close, before they formalized their results, giving it to Trump by over 22,000 votes. So I am guessing they just about did a hand count to make sure of their numbers. To have doubt cast on them, after their work, would aggravate me if it were me.

• Moderators

Now I'm hearing that they may not do a recount in Detroit because there are a lot of 'unexplainable discrepencies' between the ballots and machines. So instead of demanding the recount where they admit there are discrepencies, they just say, "Well, can't recount there!" That's where there SHOULD be a recount-then all those discrepencies can be thrown out and watch Hillary lose more votes.