• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

John81

• Administrators

My heart is heavy with concern for John81. He has not been on the board since June and others have asked about him. No one seems to know anything about him.

I have spent the entire day, since six o'clock this morning, searching through his posts, looking for any information. I had to give up after 22 pages of his posts and replies. He has over 66,000 posts so it is quite a task to read through them.

I was looking for anything that might say where he lived, so I could search for a church in that area that might be his. I found nothing. I did a google search for his username and only found one that referred to him. I found it on a reformed theology message forum. I searched all his posts there for any information with no results. There is nothing in his profile of either that forum or this one.

As I write this I wonder if anyone reading this post might know where he lives, or possibly the name of the church he goes to? In this respect I just thought that since his posts were so prolific that someone may have asked him about either his church or his location at some time since he joined the forum in 2005. Most people will, at some time mention where they live, but he didn't seem to that I can find.

Anything that anyone can remember about his location or his church would be welcome. I may be able to track or find out information about him if I could find either his church or location.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Ukulelemike said:

Maybe he just got tired of us all?

I don't think so Mike. He has been on the board every day since 2005, that's eleven years. If he just got tired of us he would have said something, he was too polite to just disappear without a word.

He was only 53 years old. My main concern is that he may be sick to the point that he cannot use the computer, in which case encouraging words from long time friends as well as the prayers of God's people might be of help to him.

• Members

I miss John81 also.

John81 was quite prolific in his knowledge, seemed to be IFB down the line, was against the Charismatic tendency to promote dates and sensationalisim in prophecy matters, and seemed to be very concerned about the changes in the IFB Movement. Maybe someone could use that information to find him.

It is my hope that John81 comes back to OnLine Baptist.

Edited by Alan
deleted the avatar sentence - mistaken

• Members

I've reviewed several of his posts and garnered a few items.

1. He lives in a small town; evidently in Arkansas.

2. His wife was from Amarillo, Texas; she left Amarillo in 1993.

3. His church supports a missionary to India.

Edited by Alan
spelling

• 3 months later...
  • Members
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:46 PM, HappyChristian said:

Hmm - Arkansas? I know Jerry#s lives in Arkansas. I thought John lived elsewhere. But I'm not sure. (I thought he was actually closer to Indiana, for some reason, based on comments about storms, etc., at times.)

John once told me that he didn't say where he lived because his wife did not want their location out over the internet. John once said something about the Missouri Tigers so, I 'assumed' he was in Missouri somewhere. John was very guarded about his personal details and I respected that. He was having to help his father with trips to the doctor but, I don't recall any discussion of personal illness. John's oldest son Tim went to Florida around 11/15/11. If Jerry Numbers can be contacted, he may know how to reach John, they appeared to have a close friendship (as close as you can online) over many years.

• Moderators

I had the impression that although John identified as IFB, there was no IFB church close enough to attend, so he was attending a Southern Baptist. That may have some bearing on a church search. 
Jim_Alaska, have you tried his personal email?

• 8 months later...
  • Administrators
27 minutes ago, SarahStrawberry said:

Hey all, I know I don't have much to say since I have been pretty absent for....a few years but John81 was one of the people I called my friend on this site and I've been wondering about his absence as well.....this thread is a little old but has anyone been able to contact him or anything?

Hi, Sarah. Good to hear from you. :1_grinning:

As far as I know, attempts to contact him have not been fruitful.  I know I've not had any responses. We all miss him.