• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Could be just random posting according to similar email addresses.  I had an email address beginning davidandkay and it seems they must have used some sort of a wild card and I got mail that was for davidand  and all sorts of other names.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
On 10/3/2016 at 9:39 PM, Brother Stafford said:

I created an email address to use only for this forum.  I do not use it anywhere else, nor does anyone outside of the administration of this forum know what that email address is.  

I have just started to receive spam emails addressed to that email address.  It looks like someone has hacked in and accessed the email addresses here.

That is strange. It is correct that I only have access to the email address so I do not understand how you can be getting spam, unless your email provider has a sneaky way about things.

• Administrators

SPAM Bots can see everything on a message board or web page, unless there is specific instruction in the HTML forbidding them to index certain features, like email addresses, they will index it.