• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Statements of Faith

• Members

Here's one I ran across one day...

1. We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God written.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in th deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a godly, holy life in this present evil world.
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ.

...what do you think of this one?

• Members

It is ok, but it is so limited that it is of only minimal value as a statement of faith. Many pentecostals could agree to such a limited statement of faith. Number six might be worded better too. As it is currently written it could imply either a biblical view or a unbiblical view. "spiritual unity of all believers in Christ" should either be rephrased or defined.

• Members

I agree, it could be pentacostal.

It isn't my own nor is it my local church's. I know you can't have the Holy Spirit without first receiving Christ as Savior but, I think I might have mentioned the "Author and Finisher" of the faith for salvation. I know Christ's deity is acknowledged in the one above salvation.