• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Making America Great Again

• Members

A Suggestion,

I would like to sugggest to our newer brethren here on OnLine Baptist to search my personal records of my previous Bible studies and threads concerning the KJV issue. They will discover that I believe that the Authorized Version, the King James Version of 1611, is the preserved word of God and that all of the newer versions, from 1881 to this date, are corrupt versions of the scriptures.

Genevanpreacher is well aware of this fact as we have crossed swords on this issue several times. I am apalled that he would even sugggest that I do not consider this an issue.  

My previous posts remain as I wrote it as I think I clearly expressed myself properly.

Alan

• Members

We will pick and choose and hire a plumber, bring him into our home, let him lie on his back under our sink, then pay him whatever he charges to get him to do a job for us that we need done. The same with an auto mechanic, a doctor or a dentist, an accountant or our banker. We do not pick them based on their religious affiliation or beliefs, and we certainly never accuse a brother for being "unequally yoked with unbelievers" for picking and paying a man to do a job for us. Yet you actually accuse someone of collusion with the world and the devil for being in on the picking and hiring of the chief executive of our nation because that executive is not a Christian?

Honestly, I can't for the life of me figure out where some of you guys get your thought process. 

Edited by weary warrior

• Members

To be open about President Trump, I had great concern over how eagerly many religious leaders with good reputations got behind Trump quite early when other more viable candidates were still in the race. However, particularly how most of them did not use religion but patriotism to decide in getting behind his campaign. I considered that route after the primaries and even more so after Trump started gathering better men than himself around him but decided against it and voted third party. 

Now that Mr. Trump is my president I will support him in the office. I still have concerns about the man personally and morally but the men he gathered around himself is what gives me confidence that he will serve the country well, as long as he listens to them and so far he has. I think Pence is Trump's David, if you will, and as long as Saul does not go crazy, we'll be fine.

Edited by John Young

• Members
6 hours ago, weary warrior said:

Honestly, I can't for the life of me figure out where some of you guys get your thought process. 

Welcome to my world on OB.

It is a grand adventure. 

By the way, no one is being accused of "collusion with the world and the devil" because of anything. 

Just picking the brains of some here that condemn me for using my Bible instead of theirs, when I am not their pastor, preacher, nor minister of any sort, and do not affect their life in anyother form other than here on OB.

Yet when it comes to their beloved country's leader?

Yeah. It does get a bit fuzzy. 

And I must state - it really doesn't bother me about Trump either. 

• Members

Brethren,

In times past, Senator Mike Lee, (R-Utah), was not for Trump as President.

Since the election, Senator Lee has has observed that President Trump is serious about a conservative agenda to help the United States economy, get rid of the unnecessary regulations that  the Obama administration put into place, defend our borders, appoint conservative judges to the supreme Court, and will practice a limited form of government as our Constitution sets forth.

I would suggest all of the brethren to listen to the video and formulate their own opinion. 

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5294291902001/?#sp=show-clips

Certainly the agenda to make our country great again is not a minor matter nor does President Trump think he can succeed without help from the House and Senate branches of our government. Senator Lee stresses that we all need to get behind President Trump to get the job accomplished.

Cannot we pray that God again blesses our land? Cannot we publicly get behind President Trump and give him the moral support from the Independent, fundamental, Baptist community? Wouldn't it be a great testimony for the IFB Movement to be a leader in supporting the conservative agenda that Presisdent Trump is trying to accomplish?

I for one will pray that President Trump is sucessful in his leadership of the United States of America and be publicly behind his endeavor to make America great again.

Alan

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members
40 minutes ago, Alan said:

Brethren,

In times past, Senator Mike Lee, (R-Utah), was not for Trump as President.

Since the election, Senator Lee has has observed that President Trump is serious about a conservative agenda to help the United States economy, get rid of the unnecessary regulations that  the Obama administration put into place, defend our borders, appoint conservative judges to the supreme Court, and will practice a limited form of government as our Constitution sets forth.

I would suggest all of the brethren to listen to the video and formulate their own opinion. 

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5294291902001/?#sp=show-clips

Certainly the agenda to make our country great again is not a minor matter nor does President Trump think he can succeed without help from the House and Senate branches of our government. Senator Lee stresses that we all need to get behind President Trump to get the job accomplished.

Cannot we pray that God again blesses our land? Cannot we publicly get behind President Trump and give him the moral support from the Independent, fundamental, Baptist community? Wouldn't it be a great testimony for the IFB Movement to be a leader in supporting the conservative agenda that Presisdent Trump is trying to accomplish?

I for one will pray that President Trump is sucessful in his leadership of the United States of America and be publicly behind his endeavor to make America great again.

Alan

I have a question. Will God bless a land that has legalized gay marriage and has aborted millions of babies? You look around and it seems he has but is it an illusion? Seems like it's all a house of cards if you examine it closely (i.e. once the credit runs out we're finished).

• Moderators
3 hours ago, fastjav390 said:

I have a question. Will God bless a land that has legalized gay marriage and has aborted millions of babies? You look around and it seems he has but is it an illusion? Seems like it's all a house of cards if you examine it closely (i.e. once the credit runs out we're finished).

Well, certainly he can, but we need to be repenting and going the other way. Trump has actually made a good first move that way-remember, it took time for Hezekiah to clean out the idols from Israel, and never actually did it all the way, yet God blessed Israel under him for what he DID do. And, despite not really knowing his heart and the condition of his soul, he DID seek, at least in word, to honor God in his inauguration. Let us hope his actions continue in that way.

• Members
8 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Welcome to my world on OB.

It is a grand adventure. 

By the way, no one is being accused of "collusion with the world and the devil" because of anything. 

Just picking the brains of some here that condemn me for using my Bible instead of theirs, when I am not their pastor, preacher, nor minister of any sort, and do not affect their life in anyother form other than here on OB.

Yet when it comes to their beloved country's leader?

Yeah. It does get a bit fuzzy. 

And I must state - it really doesn't bother me about Trump either. 

There were some posts on the first page of this forum that did basically accuse believers of collusion and yoking up with unbelievers for voting for non-christians.

Trump's foibles are there for all to see, that's for sure. He doesn't hide them. And no, I don't put much stock in his "Christianity". That's not my job. He will have one Judge who will judge his heart at the end, and it's surely not going to be me. Paul tells us to pray that the government will leave us alone to worship in peace. I think Trump will at least do that. Also, as has been mentioned above, the much more important signal for us regarding the days ahead are who he is putting into positions of importance. Making Mike Huckabee the ambassador to Israel was HUGE. Much, much more significant than what Bible he used to swear in on at his inauguration, or who he had pray. It's his policies and actions that will show his intentions.

If you study some of the truly legendary greats in history that God used to pull nations out of dark times, like King James I, Winston Churchill, Andrew Jackson, Sam Houston etc. you'll find many of them were rascals in their private life, but it was their thorny character that God used to exercise his will. A gentle Christian shopkeeper has his place, but God often uses fire to fight fire. Read about the some of the flawed crazy men he chose to save Israel from bondage time after time in Judges, or look at men like Jehu, for example.

Study out the man who's name is on your Bible (excluding GB, of course ). This was not a man you would vote as pastor of your church, but God used the secular, unsaved ruler of an empire to give you one of the most precious gifts he has ever blessed man with.

• Members
11 hours ago, fastjav390 said:

I believe our nation is less significant in God's plan and will than we might consider. I just read Ezekiel 8 the other day. The idolatry in Jerusalem, in the Temple, by the Elders was disgusting. Idolatry was rampant, it took on every form of misplaced worship and adoration, conceivable by sin depraved man and woman. To really understand what was described in this chapter I referred to Barnes notes and understand why in Ezekiel 8:18 God said, "Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them." Yet God spared a remnant. If not for Jesus Christ and grace through faith I think this nation would be as desolate as Jerusalem after Babylon took them into captivity.

• Members

John Young and 115Timothy,

Thank you for your appreciating my call to prayer.

Ukelelemike,

Thank you for your good post and reminding us the long-time effort that it took King Hezekiah in cleaning up the land of Israel of the idolatous worship. King hezekiah is a good example for all of us in trying to clean up the spiritual, moral, doctrinal, and fiscal mess that our country is currently in. I appreciate your posting very much.

Wearywarrior,

I appreciated your posting and insight very much. It was an encouragement to my heart.

Brethren,

In the link below are some of the items that President Trump has initiated in an effort to cleanse our land of the fiscal, regulatory, and business mess that the previous administration (and the liberal and comunist element), caused our country to be in. I would encourage all of you to consider reading the article.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/24/list-trumps-executive-orders.html

Again, I am encouraged of the steps that President Trump has accomplished thus far. It is my hope, and prayer, that the agenda for our country that President Trump has outined thus far will be able to come to fruition in the days ahead.

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer

• Members

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." - 1 Timothy 2:1-4

• Members
9 hours ago, Alan said:

In the link below are some of the items that President Trump has initiated in an effort to cleanse our land of the fiscal, regulatory, and business mess that the previous administration (and the liberal and comunist element), caused our country to be in. I would encourage all of you to consider reading the article.

Alan,
The full effect of the ban on funding for abortions can be read here. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/24/trump-expands-anti-abortion-ban-to-all-us-global-h/

If you read this article, I'm sure everyone here is aware of the code words for aborting babies "family planning".

I believe the majority here will pray for Pres. Trump and the new administration to be successful. You may consider adding in the words from Job 5:12 for our God to dissappoint "the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise."

Edited by 1Timothy115

• Members

1 Timothy 115,

Thank you for informing us of the full impact of President's Trumps righteous actions. I appreciate you bringing the full impact of the article to our attention.

Brethern,

President Tump is doing the best job he can in protecting the unborn and reversing the evil laws concerning abortion.

President Trump is not only trying extemely hard in defeating the evil laws and regulations of the previous administration, he is also trying hard to bring back morality, and righteous, laws to the United States of America.

One of, there are many, reasons why the liberals, the feminist, the wackos, the communists, the abortion providers, are trying to destroy Presiddent Trump is due to his bold actions to rid our country of evil laws and regulations. The actions, the lies, the rioting, the foul mouthed words that the liberals, democrats, lying news media, is indicative of the evil intent in their hearts to destroy America and the righteous agenda of President Trump. 

For those brethren who want to see President Trump succeed in his effort in his plans to make America great again, this is the time to pray for him and back him publicly.

May God bless, protect, help, and lead President Trump.

Alan

• Members
On 1/24/2017 at 0:49 PM, Ukulelemike said:

Well, certainly he can, but we need to be repenting and going the other way. Trump has actually made a good first move that way-remember, it took time for Hezekiah to clean out the idols from Israel, and never actually did it all the way, yet God blessed Israel under him for what he DID do. And, despite not really knowing his heart and the condition of his soul, he DID seek, at least in word, to honor God in his inauguration. Let us hope his actions continue in that way.

If abortion is murder than will God avenge the blood of those innocents murdered? Seems like to me he just won't forget it and let it slide. If this is the case than nothing will turn America around. The nation has been delivered up to it's own lusts. I'm hoping this is not the case and Trump will at the least allow believers worship and serve God in peace and not attempt to force us to partake of their evil. This is what Obama was beginning to do.

17 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

I believe our nation is less significant in God's plan and will than we might consider. I just read Ezekiel 8 the other day. The idolatry in Jerusalem, in the Temple, by the Elders was disgusting. Idolatry was rampant, it took on every form of misplaced worship and adoration, conceivable by sin depraved man and woman. To really understand what was described in this chapter I referred to Barnes notes and understand why in Ezekiel 8:18 God said, "Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them." Yet God spared a remnant. If not for Jesus Christ and grace through faith I think this nation would be as desolate as Jerusalem after Babylon took them into captivity.

I heard a preacher was state that he believe the only reason America hasn't been destroyed for it's wickedness as of yet is because of our support of Israel. America has been a haven for the Jew. Even in early colonial America Jews were accepted almost as soon as the founding of the colonies. In fact, not long after the first Baptist church in America was founded the first Jewish synagogue was erected not far from that Baptist church.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, fastjav390 said:

If abortion is murder than will God avenge the blood of those innocents murdered? Seems like to me he just won't forget it and let it slide. If this is the case than nothing will turn America around. The nation has been delivered up to it's own lusts. I'm hoping this is not the case and Trump will at the least allow believers worship and serve God in peace and not attempt to force us to partake of their evil. This is what Obama was beginning to do.

Well, how many children did those of Israel murder at the hands of Moloch? But when the nation turned to Him, he forgave them. Even more so will he do now.  Also, we have to remember that we are in a day that God deals with individuals, not nations, per se. Of course, having wicked rulers doesn't help, because they tend to pass wicked laws and cause sin to be considered alright. Having a leader who turns the other way, turns the laws to righteousness and outlaws sin, now we go back to specifically dealing with individuals still insisting on sinning.

Trump can't change the minds of the people, but he can still do the right thing where he has power to do so.