• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Making America Great Again

• Members
2 minutes ago, Brother Stafford said:

Sounds a bit like what a drug lord might tell his dealers.  No switching from one status to the other... got it.   However, if that is true, I would imagine that if the church legally closed or dissolved or whatever, that they could start a brand new one and just not file for 501C3 status.  

You are right, that is exactly how it needs to be done. The old corporation is dissolved completely. Then the church would need to give itself a new name, as keeping the old name that is on the old corporation papers, the old property title and the old bank accounts could eventually cause legal headaches. It's quite a convoluted process.

• Members
1 minute ago, weary warrior said:

You are right, that is exactly how it needs to be done. The old corporation is dissolved completely. Then the church would need to give itself a new name, as keeping the old name that is on the old corporation papers, the old property title and the old bank accounts could eventually cause legal headaches. It's quite a convoluted process.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when from taxes we wish to be reprieved.

• Members

Fox News had an interview with Dr. Alveda King (niece of Martin Luther KIng, Jr.), concerning the Trump Administration.

During the interview Dr. King said she is encouraged by the steps of President Trump thus far. She is encouraged that Presisdent Trump is analyzing the job situation with the black race and coming up with good solutions with job creation.

Also, she mentioned two things that are noteworhty concerning President Trump and this thread:

One. Dr. King said, "I commend him for all of his appointments.'

Two. Dr. King said, "... to see jobs come back to America is a great thing."

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5315918167001/?#sp=show-clips

I agree with her. The steps President Trump has taken thus far, in several areas, will lead to make America great as before. Dr. King's other comments concerning the destructive speech by Senator Warren is also noteworthy.

Edited by Alan
grammer

• Members
8 hours ago, Alan said:

Fox News had an interview with Dr. Alveda King (niece of Martin Luther KIng, Jr.), concerning the Trump Administration.

During the interview Dr. King said she is encouraged by the steps of President Trump thus far. She is encouraged that Presisdent Trump is analyzing the job situation with the black race and coming up with good solutions with job creation.

Also, she mentioned two things that are noteworhty concerning President Trump and this thread:

One. Dr. King said, "I commend him for all of his appointments.'

Two. Dr. King said, "... to see jobs come back to America is a great thing."

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5315918167001/?#sp=show-clips

I agree with her. The steps President Trump has taken thus far, in several areas, will lead to make America great as before. Dr. King's other comments concerning the destructive speech by Senator Warren is also noteworthy.

MLK, who was a commie himself (he attended Highlander Folk School in Tennessee), would be a conservative compared to the left wing lunatics of today's America. They would probably accuse him of being an Uncle Tom.

• Members
  • Members
7 hours ago, fastjav390 said:

Every major city in my home state is receiving them. I've always said its good to be 100+ miles from anywhere.

• Members
On 12/02/2017 at 11:07 PM, Alan said:

fastjaqv390,

Thank you very much for the information concerning the settlement of Muslim refugees into the United States.

It sure does appear that the refugee settlement program is a government program that churches get involved for monetary purposes and not for the sake of the gospel. It is an open shame for churches to get involved with programs (governmental or non-govermental), for the sake of lucrative gain.

It is my hope that this is one of the government programs that President Trump eliminates. Keep us informed and let us know if there are any bills in the Congress that will address this program with the intention of getting rid of it.

Brethren,

The second article that fastjav390 posted, "Refugee Settlement Watch," 

is noteworthy. 

Paul the apostle stated to avoid men in the church who teach erroneous doctrines and practices within the church, "Preverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself." 1 Timothy 6:5 In the next chapter of 1 Timothy continued this thought,Paul also stated the following concerning stiving for monetary gain by any saint, or church, "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." 1 Timothy 6:10

The churches who get involved with programs like the Refugee Settlement Program, for monetary purposes, or popularity, have erred from the faith. And, it is one of the un-necessary programs created by our government that needs to be eliminated. If the Refugee Settlement Program is eliminated by President Trump I am of the opinion that it would be beneficial for America.

Alan

But would it be beneficial to the preaching of the gospel to refugees, or do you not think they need the gospel?

Edited by Invicta

• Members
21 minutes ago, Invicta said:

But would it be beneficial to the preaching of the spel to refugees, or do you not think they need the gospel?

It appears to me, that the denominations that are currently involved with the Refugee Resettlement Programs that fastjav390 linked to are not preaching the gospel to the refugees. In fact, they are not preaching the gospel to those already in their churches.  

Yes, all refugees need the gospel.

I am not, nor the churches that I report to, in any way, or manner, against honest, freedom loving, refugees from any country.

The point we are making in this thread is the illegal immigration into the Unites States and the false usage of the word 'refugee,' in order to gain entry to the United States by Muslim terrorists and those who miss-use the government agencies here in America for material gain.

I have been to numerous solid, straight as an arrow, IFB churches that love folks of all races, creeds, and countries. In these IFB churches they have ministries within the church to various other people groups. In these IFB churches I have seen ministries to Muslims, Hispanics, Chinese, Laotion (refugees from Laos), Vietnamese, and other non English speaking nationalities. I myself have partricipated in Chinese outreaches.

The good work of the IFB churches among other nationalities, refugees, etc..., is not mentioned by the press, news organizations, or mainline denominations. In fact, the good work among the IFB churches to refugees and non-English speaking nationalities, are deliberately ignored by the mainline press and the religious news organizations.

Alan 

Edited by Alan
grammer

• Members

In an article by Newt Gingrich called, "Why Trump's presidency will be great for America but Canada too," Newt goes on to explain why the jobs policy of President Trump will help both the United States and Canada. 

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/02/13/newt-gingrich-why-trump-s-presidency-will-be-great-not-just-for-america-but-canada-too.html

President Trump will help America and those countries willing to get behind good business fiscal policies and regulations.   

• Members

President Trump just signed a bill into law eliminating unnecessary coal mining regulations.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5325977499001/?#sp=show-clips

The elimination of these unnecessary, and destructive to our economy, will be beneficial not only to the coal mining in West Virginia, but to other industries using coal in other States. 

President Trump is making good his campaign promises to eliminate regulations that have hurt the economy of America and lessened our greatness as a country.

• Members
1 hour ago, Alan said:

President Trump just signed a bill into law eliminating unnecessary coal mining regulations.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5325977499001/?#sp=show-clips

The elimination of these unnecessary, and destructive to our economy, will be beneficial not only to the coal mining in West Virginia, but to other industries using coal in other States. 

President Trump is making good his campaign promises to eliminate regulations that have hurt the economy of America and lessened our greatness as a country.

George Soros was behind the push for all these regulations. He was then buying up all the coal stock once it dropped because of Obama regulations. Once he bought it up he sought for the expansion of the coal industry. It's all a big game.

• Members

When President Trump vowed to, "Drain the Swam," in order to make America great, he is making Cabinet appointments that will help his endeavor to, "Drain the Swamp."

One of the efforts is to do away with the un-Constitutional regulations of the EPA. the new head of the EPA is Scott Pruitt. One of the burdensome, un-Constitutional, and destructive EPA regulations is the regulatory power the EPA gave themselves to control the ponds, waterways, streams, and small puddles of water that are on the farms of America and land owners in the country.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5328998174001/?#sp=show-clips

Hopefully, Scott Pruitt of the EPA will get rid of the destructive regulations of the EPA and make our country great again for the average American farmer and country land owner.