• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Saints to Armageddon

• Administrators

Jesus in perfectly capable of wielding the sword himself. He will speak and it will be done. We are not commanded to bring vengeance on others, our mission is something quite at odds with vengeance.

Rom. 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 
 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 
 19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Jesus in perfectly capable of wielding the sword himself. He will speak and it will be done. We are not commanded to bring vengeance on others, our mission is something quite at odds with vengeance.

Rom. 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 
 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 
 19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

I can't speak for Bro Eric, Bro Jim; but I do believe he is referring to the actual battle of Armageddon itself and not before that. I for one believe (not dogmatically mine you) that we will be the army accompanying Christ on that day. Therefore the vengeance will be God's, not ours personally.

• Members
9 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Psalm 149:4-9 It will be the honour of the saints to execute vengeance on the heathen.

Was the command in Psalm 149 to kill the heathen? 

6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;

7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen,and punishments upon the people;

8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;

9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.

The judgment was to bind them with chains and fetters of iron. Where does it say vengeance = death? Where does it say punishments = death? 

2 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

That is what I said. Jesus will speak and the saints will kill the army of antichrist.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. 

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Edited by MountainChristian
adding text

• Administrators
3 hours ago, wretched said:

I can't speak for Bro Eric, Bro Jim; but I do believe he is referring to the actual battle of Armageddon itself and not before that.

Yes wretched, I did understand that he was referring to the battle of Armageddon. That;s why I replied the way I did.

• Members
13 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I believe the Bible is pretty clear (from my understanding) that the Lord Jesus Christ will simply speak, and that's what will destroy the armies of the Antichrist.

If he spoke everything into existence (and he did), he can speak and slay armies too.

Most certainly but the idea of the army that follows Him down is still the question. There is enough Scriptural evidence to indicate the army will be given the honor of fighting unless the sole purpose is window dressing (I doubt it but it could be I suppose). Of course who exactly is this army is yet another unanswerable question. Circumstantial evidence supports that it could be the church age saints and most likely is IMO.

Interesting ideas but no one will know until it happens

11 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Yes wretched, I did understand that he was referring to the battle of Armageddon. That;s why I replied the way I did.

Ok, but the Scriptural reference you made would not be relevant if this army is indeed the church age saints and this army indeed does fight, which is the point I am making and most likely the point that Eric is making. What is the point behind your reference?

• Members
43 minutes ago, wretched said:

Circumstantial evidence supports that it could be the church age saints and most likely is IMO.

That's my belief...church age saints, yet I believe it "could" possibly include the redeemed from the Old Testament too.

I guess I've always viewed it in this light...we will accompany the Lord, and I kind of imagine the Antichrist, False Prophet, and armies of the Antichrist will see the Lord Jesus Christ followed by such a huge army of his own...that it will be quite a shock and an overwhelming experience for them. I also see it as being an honor for us to be on the Lord's side. So, in that aspect, our presence would play a definite part. Now, all of that is just my conjecture. However, just from the wording of scripture, it seems to me that all that will happen is that the Lord will speak...and they'll be destroyed.

• Members
48 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

That's my belief...church age saints, yet I believe it "could" possibly include the redeemed from the Old Testament too.

I guess I've always viewed it in this light...we will accompany the Lord, and I kind of imagine the Antichrist, False Prophet, and armies of the Antichrist will see the Lord Jesus Christ followed by such a huge army of his own...that it will be quite a shock and an overwhelming experience for them. I also see it as being an honor for us to be on the Lord's side. So, in that aspect, our presence would play a definite part. Now, all of that is just my conjecture. However, just from the wording of scripture, it seems to me that all that will happen is that the Lord will speak...and they'll be destroyed.

Understood and good point

• Members
3 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Psalm 149:9 It will be the honor of all the saints that have been taken to heaven to execute the judgment.

• Administrators

Wretched,

The point behind my reference was two fold. One showing that we have a calling that is in opposition to killing people for God. It is not a reference to Armageddon.

The second was to point out that vengeance is God's, not ours as Eric said.

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Wretched,

The point behind my reference was two fold. One showing that we have a calling that is in opposition to killing people for God. It is not a reference to Armageddon.

The second was to point out that vengeance is God's, not ours as Eric said.

Jim I said the honor of executing the judgment will be ours. You are right the vengeance is the Lords.