• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Praise the Lord!

• Administrators

I'm with you Dave. No way salad is a meal. If there isn't meat it's not a meal, it's a snack. Just like breakfast, if breakfast doesn't contain eggs in some form it is just not breakfast.

I do understand NN's need to control his BP and if this is the way he needs to do it then it is right for him. My wife has convinced me that weight loss and control of BP can be done with correctly BALANCED meals. The balancing is a specific procedure and you don't have to do without stuff you like, you just need to balance it with other foods.

• Members
50 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

My wife has convinced me that weight loss and control of BP can be done with correctly BALANCED meals. The balancing is a specific procedure and you don't have to do without stuff you like, you just need to balance it with other foods.

Exactly...and that is my future goal and intent. :)

I had to do something more drastic to get my blood pressure down, and praise the Lord, it's worked! However, I do hope to be able to enjoy a more normal diet that is well-balanced and in proper proportions in the not-to-distant future.  :hungry:  :coffee2:

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I'm with you Dave. No way salad is a meal. If there isn't meat it's not a meal, it's a snack.

But salad DOES have meat, if made right  ----- lettuce, tomato, cuke, onion, jalapeño slices, bell pepper, sunflower seeds, pineapple chunks, spinach, peanuts, bacon bits, croutons, ham, turkey, chow mein noodles, ranch dressing. It goes in a BIG bowl, not these little excuses for a salad bowl.

• Members

Actually for me the dressings are the problem.

When I have a salad, I like to taste the freshness - but when you drown it in dressing it loses that fresh feel and texture, and you can't taste the sweetness of the lettuce for instance - all you taste is the dressing. What's the point?

No dressing on my Caesar salad thanks! B)

• Members
2 hours ago, DaveW said:

No dressing on my Caesar salad thanks! B)

Now that's a real man right there! :lol:

You know, I started thinking...I put chicken breast in my salad. All the experts talk about how healthy chicken breasts are for people. I don't know...does this look like something healthy?

chicken9.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I haven't updated this in a while. My top number has been consistently in the 120s for a while now...I've even had some that were under 120; however, I still haven't gotten the bottom number under 80 yet. I've started exercising (walking) seven days a week just this week though...to see if more exercise will help.

I have a doctor's appointment on Oct. 3rd...just so they can check my blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, triglycerides, etc.

All of those were high before I started the diet change and exercise. 

I'm still only eating the same foods as mentioned previously. Still losing weight too. I'll continue the way I'm eating until my doctor's appointment. If everything is good, I'll start eating a little more normal again...only much healthier than before all of this started.

Believe it or not, I still haven't gotten tired of the foods that I'm eating. I actually really enjoy it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I forgot to post my results from the other day. I think it was on Wednesday of this week...I had my best blood pressure reading yet...

116/76 !!!

...and that was about one hour after cutting grass for 2 hours and getting ready for work! LOL!

I go for my doctor's appointment this Monday, October 3rd for them to check everything. This has been a wonderful journey! To go from discovering that I was living on the edge of a heart attack (or stroke) to seeing what can be done naturally was such a blessing! Again, I thank and praise the Lord for allowing me to "catch" this before anything detrimental happened!

For those who will, please pray for me...

I still don't like going to see a doctor, and I hope that doesn't give me a higher blood-pressure reading! LOL! This might sound strange, but the results from this visit will have a lot to do with whether our insurance company raises our costs next year. Too much too explain...we have to "earn" a certain amount of points through various ways to ensure that our rates aren't raised. If I can remember everything, I'll be tested for...

1. Blood Pressure
  2. Blood Sugar
  3. Weight
  4. Waist Circumference
  5. Triglycerides
  6. Cholesterol

Seems like there's one or two other things, but I'm not sure. If all of my tests come back well, our points total will be a shoo-in.

Thanks everyone...for putting up with my postings about this!

• Members

Apparently I suffer from and am afflicted with an illness termed "White Coat Syndrome". LOL! 

I'm one of the people whose blood pressure rises, because I don't like going to the doctor. 

They took my blood pressure four times, and the best they got was 146/91. The first one was 166/101.

On the good side, I've lost 23 pounds, and my waist circumference is down from 45 to 38. This is measured around the stomach...in line with the belly button. Anything under 40 (for a man) is considered good.

I won't know the results of my blood work until the lab results are back in another day or so.

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Apparently I suffer from and am afflicted with an illness termed "White Coat Syndrome". LOL! 

I understand, I'm allergic to doctors ---- my wallet breaks out and hides!