• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dark Clouds Over Elberton: The True Story of the Georgia Guidstones

• Members

If anyone is a member of Amazon Prime, this documentary is now available to watch for free. It was a little slow in segment one (I think there are four segments), but it was really interesting overall.

If anyone isn't familiar with The Georgia Guidestones, just do an internet search on it. Basically, it's a huge granite monument with 10 "guides" written in various languages. The 10 guides are suggested needs for making the world better. The first one is a call for population control. Secular humanism and tree-hugging combined with a little Masonry and Rosicrucianism. 

They reveal (with pretty strong evidence) who the man was that had it erected. He swore everyone to secrecy (that was involved) to never reveal his name...and they never have.

• Members
2 hours ago, Old-Pilgrim said:

I've been meaning to by that documentary, thanks for the recommend  

This is my personal opinion; people are different. I enjoyed it and found it interesting; however, now that I've had the experience of watching it, it's not something that I would buy. You might be different though.

• Members

Brother NN, Did they finally name the man (from Elberton) who funded the Georgia guidestones? I watched a video clippit where they were trying to sell the video, but of course they didn't name him in that... just alluded to finding information in a plastic filing box in a garage (supposedly) which also (supposedly) named the man who paid for it. According to the clippit of sales pitch, they said he was a prominent businessman. I was curious, but not near curious enough to buy the video. I was hoping someone would reveal what the video said. Thanks :) 

• Members
1 hour ago, Ronda said:

Brother NN, Did they finally name the man (from Elberton) who funded the Georgia guidestones? I watched a video clippit where they were trying to sell the video, but of course they didn't name him in that... just alluded to finding information in a plastic filing box in a garage (supposedly) which also (supposedly) named the man who paid for it. According to the clippit of sales pitch, they said he was a prominent businessman. I was curious, but not near curious enough to buy the video. I was hoping someone would reveal what the video said. Thanks :) 

Yes, they named him, and their evidence was very sound. He wasn't from Elberton though. He was from Iowa. The case in the garage did provide the clues as to who he was...well...clues to find out who he was. That part about the case in the garage kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I feel like they took advantage of an elderly man in order to get the evidence. The elderly man was the president of the bank in Elberton when the stones were erected, and he was basically the go-between between "R.C. Christian" and the builders. He received the money from R.C. Christian and paid the workers. He was sworn to secrecy of course, and he kept the secret all of this time. He still wouldn't reveal who R.C. Christian was to the documentary crew. When they got him to agree to open the case, I feel it was under false pretenses, and the way they handled the situation seemed underhanded to me. The elderly man was old, and he seemed not too sharp any longer. But that's me.

There were actually two men involved. One of them was a businessman, but he wasn't R.C. Christian, and he wasn't as involved in the actual carrying out of the stones being erected. R.C. Christian was a doctor. 

I guess since the documentary is available publicly now, I can't be sued or anything for revealing "the secret". :nuts:

The businessman's name was Robert M. Merryman ( he was a publisher also from Iowa). He published a small book to go along with the Guidestones; in which, it urged everyone to return to "An Age of Reason"...definitely influenced by Thomas Payne if you're familiar with his views.

The doctor who was R.C. Christian...his real name was ____________________________ .

:nuts::nuts::nuts:

Dr. Herbert H. Kersten

Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Members

Haha, You GOT me, NN. I was (figuratively) on the "edge of my seat"... until I hit the "_________________" and thought "Oh no, he's not going to tell me". Good thing I kept scrolling (I was thinking I had a computer glitch going on... you know how that happens sometimes when the bottom part of a page is missing?) You got me GOOD!!! But THANK YOU for the answer. My curiosity is quenched. And I believe you when you say they seemed to have used trickery to procure the information from the elderly man who had kept the secret (by oath) for many years... seeing as how back then a man's word was a man's word...wish that society was like that today :( but I digress on that.

Yes, I saw where the man had been illuminati/Thomas Payne "Age of reason" (garbage) driven to make such a disgusting monument. They leave that type of garbage up, yet take down the 10 commandments... what a world we live in these days... Thank the Lord that this life is only temporal!!! Looking forward to an incorruptible body and to be free from this evil sin soup world, stuck in this corruptible body. I totally relate to Rom. 8:22-23. "........even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body." Maranatha!!! 

And thanks again for the name of who "RC Christian" really was (isn't it a shame the man used "Christ" in any part of his name?)

• Members
24 minutes ago, Ronda said:

(isn't it a shame the man used "Christ" in any part of his name?)

Well, they deduced that the R in R.C. Christian was the first initial of the other man -- Robert M. Merryman.

I can't remember what the C. was from, but it made sense. Sorry about that.

The doctor's last name -- Kersten -- actually translates into "Christian" in whatever country his family was originally from. Can't remember the country either. :nuts:

• Members

Hmmm... What a shame his parents had high hopes (when they named him) , it seems. Could be a precursor to Matt. 24:5 "For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." ? 

Edited by Ronda

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
On 7/22/2016 at 0:26 AM, No Nicolaitans said:

This is my personal opinion; people are different. I enjoyed it and found it interesting; however, now that I've had the experience of watching it, it's not something that I would buy. You might be different though.

why wouldn't you buy it, do you think it is a negative ministry?

• Members
42 minutes ago, Old-Pilgrim said:

why wouldn't you buy it, do you think it is a negative ministry?

Oh no...all that I meant by what I said was...now that I've seen it...how do I say this? Now that I've seen it, it didn't live up to the hype that I was expecting. It was still interesting though...

• Members
7 minutes ago, Old-Pilgrim said:

Ah! I get you. Have you seen Chris Pintos earlier documentaries? Some of them were rally good. I think Megiddo 1 & 2 might be his best ones.

Yes, and I've enjoyed all of them. I just got an email yesterday (from his film company) saying that the latest film has just been released. This one will go more in depth on Wescott and Hort and modern version publishers. It should be interesting.

• Members
1 hour ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Yes, and I've enjoyed all of them. I just got an email yesterday (from his film company) saying that the latest film has just been released. This one will go more in depth on Wescott and Hort and modern version publishers. It should be interesting.

Sonds interesting. So that might be a part three to the lamp in the dart series.