• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mid Tribulation fleeing of Israel

• Members
22 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

We saints will be the army to kill the army of antichrist.

Psalm 149:5-9

5 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.

6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;

7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;

8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;

9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.

Hi Eric,

God is talking to an earthly nation there - Israel, whereas the Body of Christ is a spiritual body of people from all over the world. We are told -

`For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.` (1 Cor. 10: 3 - 6)

The Body of Christ does NOT war against people, does not use physical force, we are told to pull down arguments, lies, errors, etc NOT people.

Israel on the other hand was/is an earthly nation with an earthly inheritance and thus they have to go to war.

BTW The army in Rev. 19 that comes with the Lord is His angelic army, that is holy, (symbolically clothed in fine linen as the angels in Rev. 15: 6 are described also - Holy) The Lord never said we, His Body would come with Him. He always said that the holy angels, the heavenly host, of which He is captain of, would come with Him.

When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and ALL THE HOLY ANGELS with Him. `(Matt. 25: 31)

`...the Son of Man....comes in His own glory, and in His Father`s glory and in the glory of the HOLY ANGELS.` (Luke 9: 26)

regards, Marilyn.

• Members
14 hours ago, Invicta said:

I thought he would be destroyed by the brightness of Christs coming.

Revelation 1:16-17

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

(The word of the Lord is the sword of the spirit. He shines as a noon day sun. When Jesus leads us to Armageddon he will command his army of saints to kill the heathen for it is our honor.)

• Members
16 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

God is talking to an earthly nation there - Israel, whereas the Body of Christ is a spiritual body of people from all over the world. We are told -

`For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.` (1 Cor. 10: 3 - 6)

The Body of Christ does NOT war against people, does not use physical force, we are told to pull down arguments, lies, errors, etc NOT people.

Israel on the other hand was/is an earthly nation with an earthly inheritance and thus they have to go to war.

BTW The army in Rev. 19 that comes with the Lord is His angelic army, that is holy, (symbolically clothed in fine linen as the angels in Rev. 15: 6 are described also - Holy) The Lord never said we, His Body would come with Him. He always said that the holy angels, the heavenly host, of which He is captain of, would come with Him.

When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and ALL THE HOLY ANGELS with Him. `(Matt. 25: 31)

`...the Son of Man....comes in His own glory, and in His Father`s glory and in the glory of the HOLY ANGELS.` (Luke 9: 26)

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn,

Notice that these saints are in heaven. They have bodies. They will be given twoedged swords to kill the heathen. This happens when Jesus leads us to earth. See Revelation 19:11-19.

6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;

9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.

Revelation 19:11-19

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse,                  and against his army.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Hi Eric,

Now it seems to me that those people - `Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.`  are saints, people of Israel, for the Body of Christ was not known or even begun.

As to the `armies,` well it never says they are the body of Christ. All through God`s word we see that the armies of heaven, are the angelic host.

regards, Marilyn.

• Members
1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

Now it seems to me that those people - `Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.`  are saints, people of Israel, for the Body of Christ was not known or even begun.

As to the `armies,` well it never says they are the body of Christ. All through God`s word we see that the armies of heaven, are the angelic host.

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn,

All Christians are grafted into Israel. The saints are in the army.

• Members

Hi Eric,

We do get to some interesting points. So you believe we, the Body of Christ are grafted into Israel. Can you please show from scripture how you have come to this view, please?

regards, Marilyn.

BTW I do know the scriptures you are referring to but would like to see how you present them.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Members
4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

We do get to some interesting points. So you believe we, the Body of Christ are grafted into Israel. Can you please show from scripture how you have come to this view, please?

regards, Marilyn.

BTW I do know the scriptures you are referring to but would like to see how you present them.

Marilyn,

Galatians 3:6-7

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

(Israel is the olive tree)

Romans 11:17-20

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

(The Jews that don't accept Jesus are broken off the tree of Israel and those Gentiles that accept Jesus are grafted into Israel the olive tree.)

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply.

Galatians (3) - as we both know is presenting the truth that we are not perfected by the works of the law but by faith in Christ, (who fulfilled the law). We are the `children of Abraham,` meaning `of faith` such as he had. It does NOT mean we are now physical Israel.

`So then they which are OF FAITH are blessed with believing Abraham.` (Gal. 3: 9)

There is still such a nation as Israel, with people who are physical descendants of Abraham. That is NOT us.

Romans (11) - Who does God say is the Olive tree?

The root is holy. (v.16)

The root has fatness. (v. 17)

The root supports you. (v.18)

No other than the Lord Jesus Christ can fulfill all those requirements.

Only the Lord is Holy.

Only the Lord can replete (fatness) fill us up.

Only the Lord supports us.

Thus we are IN CHRIST, NOT in Israel.

Regards, Marilyn.

• Members
On 2/18/2018 at 4:47 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply.

Galatians (3) - as we both know is presenting the truth that we are not perfected by the works of the law but by faith in Christ, (who fulfilled the law). We are the `children of Abraham,` meaning `of faith` such as he had. It does NOT mean we are now physical Israel.

`So then they which are OF FAITH are blessed with believing Abraham.` (Gal. 3: 9)

There is still such a nation as Israel, with people who are physical descendants of Abraham. That is NOT us.

Romans (11) - Who does God say is the Olive tree?

The root is holy. (v.16)

The root has fatness. (v. 17)

The root supports you. (v.18)

No other than the Lord Jesus Christ can fulfill all those requirements.

Only the Lord is Holy.

Only the Lord can replete (fatness) fill us up.

Only the Lord supports us.

Thus we are IN CHRIST, NOT in Israel.

Regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn,

When Jesus comes to rescue Israel it will be the saints from heaven with him.

Zechariah 14:5

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah:

and the LORD my God shall come,                   and all the saints with thee.

(Jesus will take the anointed saints with their two-edged swords to Armageddon to cut the heads of antichrists soldiers to the foundation of their necks.)

Habakkuk 3:11-13

11 The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.

12 Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.

13 Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
3 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah:

(Jesus will take the anointed saints with their two-edged swords to Armageddon to cut the heads of antichrists soldiers to the foundation of their necks.)

11 The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.

12 Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.

13 Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.

Hi Eric,

I`m glad you posted those scriptures bro, for they are the ones that has caused this great error. So let`s have a look at them.

Zech. 14: 5 `...and the Lord my God shall come and all the `quodos,` ones with thee.`

The Hebrew word `quodos` means - holy ones and that can be angels or saints. Thus we need more scriptures to verify which.

Habakkuk 3 is referring to the Lord - thine anointed. It is He who will deal with those that come against Jerusalem.

`Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, and their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.` (Zech. 14: 12)

Nothing to do with us cutting off people`s heads.

regards, Marilyn.

• Members
6 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

I`m glad you posted those scriptures bro, for they are the ones that has caused this great error. So let`s have a look at them.

Zech. 14: 5 `...and the Lord my God shall come and all the `quodos,` ones with thee.`

The Hebrew word `quodos` means - holy ones and that can be angels or saints. Thus we need more scriptures to verify which.

Habakkuk 3 is referring to the Lord - thine anointed. It is He who will deal with those that come against Jerusalem.

`Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, and their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.` (Zech. 14: 12)

Nothing to do with us cutting off people`s heads.

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn,

Zechariah 14:12-13 happens when God causes America and Russia to fight a nuclear war.

Isaiah 25:4-8

4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

5 Thou shalt bring down the noise of strangers, as the heat in a dry place; even the heat with the shadow of a cloud: the branch of the terrible ones shall be brought low.       ((((The Bomb))))

6 And in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. (((The heavens will roll up as a scroll)))

8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

It happens in Ezekiel 39:6-8

6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
11 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

Zechariah 14:12-13 happens when God causes America and Russia to fight a nuclear war.

Hi Eric,

You seem to miss when I reply and keep moving on. It would be good to finish one point eg the Olive tree before moving on. I showed you that God`s word reveals it is the Lord who is holy, nurtures us and supports us. Israel has never or can never do that.

As to America and Russia in a nuclear war. You`ll have to have more proof from God`s word regarding that. God`s word actually does say who is in that war. (Ez. 38: 1 - 6)

regards, Marilyn. 

• Members
On 2/19/2018 at 7:07 PM, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

It is true that the goodness comes from Jesus as the root. However the tree is Israel which has bad branches.when Israel turned from Jesus, Jesus called the church or body of Christ.

• Members
10 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

It is true that the goodness comes from Jesus as the root. However the tree is Israel which has bad branches.when Israel turned from Jesus, Jesus called the church or body of Christ.

Hi Eric,

Glad we can agree there bro. that Jesus is the root.  However as regards Israel being the tree, let`s have a closer look -

`.....grafted in among them, and with them became partaker of the root and fatness of the Olive tree.` (Rom. 11: 17)

Clearly we see that the Lord is the root and the Olive tree, for Israel and the Body of Christ receive nourishment from Christ. However it does not say we are in Israel.

regards, Marilyn.