• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mid Tribulation fleeing of Israel

• Members
2 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Zechariah 1-4 and Revelation 12:15-16 are describing the same event. Mount of olives and the earth are the same.

Hi Eric,

So are you saying when we read the word `earth` then that means the mount of Olives - I don`t think so bro. God is not vague, but very specific. If God means Mount of Olives He says so, if He means the earth, then that is what he says.

Marilyn.

• Members
4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

So are you saying when we read the word `earth` then that means the mount of Olives - I don`t think so bro. God is not vague, but very specific. If God means Mount of Olives He says so, if He means the earth, then that is what he says.

Marilyn.

Marilyn,

Would you please explain these verses.

Revelation 12:15-16

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

• Members

Revelation 12:14

The woman (Israel) flees to her place in the wilderness...where she will stay for the next 3 1/2 years.

Revelation 12:15

As the woman flees to her place, the dragon casts out a flood after her...to try and carry her away while she is fleeing...there are still 3 1/2 years to go.

Revelation 12:16

The earth opens her mouth and swallows the flood...as the woman is fleeing to her place...there are still 3 1/2 years to go. 

Revelation 12:17

This dragon is angry with the woman. She has escaped from him, so he goes to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ...for the remaining 3 1/2 years.

The Mount of Olives is split when the Lord comes down at the end of those 3 1/2 years.

• Members
54 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Revelation 12:14

The woman (Israel) flees to her place in the wilderness...where she will stay for the next 3 1/2 years.

Revelation 12:15

As the woman flees to her place, the dragon casts out a flood after her...to try and carry her away while she is fleeing...there are still 3 1/2 years to go.

Revelation 12:16

The earth opens her mouth and swallows the flood...as the woman is fleeing to her place...there are still 3 1/2 years to go. 

Revelation 12:17

This dragon is angry with the woman. She has escaped from him, so he goes to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ...for the remaining 3 1/2 years.

The Mount of Olives is split when the Lord comes down at the end of those 3 1/2 years.

Why would Israel have to flee at the end of the tribulation if Jesus is there when the Mount of olives is split? I believe they flee in the middle of the 7 year tribulation and are protected for a time,times,and half a time.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
1 hour ago, Eric Stahl said:

Why would Israel have to flee at the end of the tribulation if Jesus is there when the Mount of olives is split? I believe they flee in the middle of the 7 year tribulation and are protected for a time,times,and half a time.

What? I don't think you read my post correctly? My entire post attested to Israel fleeing at the middle of the tribulation period.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you are saying that when the Mount of Olives is split, that's also the event that swallows the flood sent by the dragon. The flood sent by the dragon happens as Israel is fleeing at the middle of the tribulation period. The splitting of the Mount of Olives happens at the end of the tribulation period.

• Members
5 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

What? I don't think you read my post correctly? My entire post attested to Israel fleeing at the middle of the tribulation period.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you are saying that when the Mount of Olives is split, that's also the event that swallows the flood sent by the dragon. The flood sent by the dragon happens as Israel is fleeing at the middle of the tribulation period. The splitting of the Mount of Olives happens at the end of the tribulation period.

Antichrist takes Jerusalem at mid tribulation. The Lord splits the mount of olives so Israel can flee from his army. When Jesus comes down at the end of the tribulation the saints come too.

Revelation 1-2

1And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

• Members
54 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

Antichrist takes Jerusalem at mid tribulation. The Lord splits the mount of olives so Israel can flee from his army. When Jesus comes down at the end of the tribulation the saints come too.

Revelation 1-2

1And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Just to be clear, are you saying that the splitting of the Mount of Olives in Zechariah 14 takes place at the mid-point of the tribulation period.

• Members
10 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

Would you please explain these verses.

Revelation 12:15-16

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

Hi Eric,

God`s word tells us that the dragon is Satan and he would try to get rid of the people of Israel. Then we know that there is placed (midway thr` trib) in the Jewish temple an abomination. Jesus, Himself tells the people of Israel to flee at that time to the mountains. That is where they go to Bozrah in Edom, (Isa. 63: 1 & 2) The armies of the A/C do try and follow but obviously the people of Israel are hidden in the mountains.

Then at the end of the trib, when the Lord`s feet touches the Mount of Olives and it splits in two then as we know there is a great valley created. At that time the world`s armies had been killing and looting in the city of Jerusalem, so some of the people of Israel that were still in the city will be able to escape through the valley the Lord created. They do not know at that time that it is the Lord, for they are being hunted down.

`Half the city will go into captivity, but the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.....the mount of Olives shall be split in two.....you shall flee through my mountain valley,.....` (Zech. 14: 2, 4 & 5)

regards, Marilyn. 

• Members
On 2/5/2018 at 9:36 PM, No Nicolaitans said:

Okay. Thank you.

Also the Lord will split the mount and they flee. Later the Lord shall come with the saints.

Zechariah 14:5

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah:

and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

God`s word tells us that the dragon is Satan and he would try to get rid of the people of Israel. Then we know that there is placed (midway thr` trib) in the Jewish temple an abomination. Jesus, Himself tells the people of Israel to flee at that time to the mountains. That is where they go to Bozrah in Edom, (Isa. 63: 1 & 2) The armies of the A/C do try and follow but obviously the people of Israel are hidden in the mountains.

Then at the end of the trib, when the Lord`s feet touches the Mount of Olives and it splits in two then as we know there is a great valley created. At that time the world`s armies had been killing and looting in the city of Jerusalem, so some of the people of Israel that were still in the city will be able to escape through the valley the Lord created. They do not know at that time that it is the Lord, for they are being hunted down.

`Half the city will go into captivity, but the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.....the mount of Olives shall be split in two.....you shall flee through my mountain valley,.....` (Zech. 14: 2, 4 & 5)

regards, Marilyn. 

Marilyn,

Jesus the Lamb will come to the Mount of Olives and tell the survivors of Moab to let the fleeing Jews stay with them at the river ford on the Arnon River. Jesus will sit on the throne of David.

Isaiah 16:1-5

1Send ye the lamb to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.

2 For it shall be, that, as a wandering bird cast out of the nest, so the daughters of Moab shall be at the fords of Arnon.

3 Take counsel, execute judgment; make thy shadow as the night in the midst of the noonday; hide the outcasts; bewray not him that wandereth.

4 Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.

5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
8 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

Jesus the Lamb will come to the Mount of Olives and tell the survivors of Moab to let the fleeing Jews stay with them at the river ford on the Arnon River. Jesus will sit on the throne of David.

Isaiah 16:1-5

1Send ye the lamb to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.

2 For it shall be, that, as a wandering bird cast out of the nest, so the daughters of Moab shall be at the fords of Arnon.

3 Take counsel, execute judgment; make thy shadow as the night in the midst of the noonday; hide the outcasts; bewray not him that wandereth.

4 Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.

5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Hi Eric,

Isaiah 16 concerns a different time in Israel`s history when Moab was being judged. God then goes to the final time when His throne would be established. There is quite a space between those events as the first part has happened and the second is yet to come. Just as in Isaiah 61: 2, there is a gap between the `acceptable year of the Lord and the day of vengeance.`

So when the Lord comes to the Mount of Olives we read that He goes FIRST to the house of Judah, and then to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem. It is then that the Holy Spirit opens their eyes and they realise who the Lord is.

`The Lord will save the tents of Judah, FIRST, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall not become greater than that of Judah.........and I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on me whom they have pierced; they will mourn for him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for him as one grieves for a first-born.`

In that day there shall be a great mourning in JERUSALEM.` (Zech. 12: 7, 10 & 11)

regards, Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Members
56 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Eric,

Isaiah 16 concerns a different time in Israel`s history when Moab was being judged. God then goes to the final time when His throne would be established. There is quite a space between those events as the first part has happened and the second is yet to come. Just as in Isaiah 61: 2, there is a gap between the `acceptable year of the Lord and the day of vengeance.`

So when the Lord comes to the Mount of Olives we read that He goes FIRST to the house of Judah, and then to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem. It is then that the Holy Spirit opens their eyes and they realise who the Lord is.

`The Lord will save the tents of Judah, FIRST, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall not become greater than that of Judah.........and I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on me whom they have pierced; they will mourn for him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for him as one grieves for a first-born.`

In that day there shall be a great mourning in JERUSALEM.` (Zech. 12: 7, 10 & 11)

regards, Marilyn.

Marilyn,

Zechariah 12 is the time of the Psalm 83 war that will happen before the Ezekiel 38 war.

Yes the Lamb comes to Israel first at the middle of the tribulation Isaiah16:1-4 and to the temple at the end of the tribulation Isaiah16:5.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
29 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

Marilyn,

Zechariah 12 is the time of the Psalm 83 war that will happen before the Ezekiel 38 war.

Yes the Lamb comes to Israel first at the middle of the tribulation Isaiah16:1-4 and to the temple at the end of the tribulation Isaiah16:5.

Bro Eric,

Ps. 83 was the 6 day war & has already happened. Could be a good topic for another thread. Ezekiel`s war is just on the horizon, and another good topic to explore. Now as per Zech. 12 we can see from the context that the Lord is referring to `that day, ` the specific day of the Lord when He comes to the Mount of Olives at the end of the trib. 

regards, Marilyn.