• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Mimic Octopus - Fascinating!

• Administrators

What a Creator we have! I got this in my email this morning. God's diversity in creation is amazing. The  article has pictures that show some of what the Mimic can do.

http://creation.com/mimic-octopus

"In 1998 a fantastic creature was discovered off the coast of the island of Sulawesi in Indonesia. The Mimic Octopus (Thaumoctopus mimicus) is the first living thing ever observed to imitate the shape, colour, texture, posture and behaviour of several other animal species. It performs multiple impersonations as it crosses the ocean floor."

• Moderators

I was just reading an article yesterday that cephalopods are massing in larger numbers as the oceans are changing some. Sadly, instead of talking about their amazing ability to adapt, the article just referred to them as the 'weeds of the ocean'. Yet they are such a diverse group of animals with amazing abilities and intelligence, despite seeming so alien in appearance.

• Members

Some of you might know that I used to spend a lot of time underwater.  The amount of life and variety of life, even within 1 square foot, is staggering.  Only God could have created the little car washes where groupers go and allow small fishes and crabs to climb all over them and in them to clean parasites off of their bodies.  Only God could have created the Golden Banded Coral Shrimp which mates for life and stays together like the human married couple.  

Under the sea and in forests, God created symbiotic relationships between plants and creatures where one could not exist without the other.  The fantasy of evolution cannot explain this logically.

Thanks for the post, reminds me of days gone by.