• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Words that give me a nervous jerkdown...

• Members

Until reading this I had never heard of photobomb.

The in word in news broadcasts that annoys us is "iconic"  There is hardly a broadcast where someone or something is described as iconic, sometimes in nearly every news story.

Edited by Invicta
spelling

• Members
4 hours ago, Invicta said:

Until reading this I had never heard of photobomb.

The in word in news broadcasts that annoys us is "iconic"  There is hardly a broadcast where someone or something is described as iconic, sometimes in nearly every news story.

2 hours ago, John81 said:

Here the largely overused terms from the news and elsewhere are "epic" and "viral" (or gone viral, going viral, etc.).

You mean like this...Giiirrrlll, I's takin' an epic selfie that was sure to be iconic, but baby bro done slipped in and photobombed me, and now it's done gone viral!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

You mean like this...Giiirrrlll, I's takin' an epic selfie that was sure to be iconic, but baby bro done slipped in and photobombed me, and now it's done gone viral!

And likely it's with her tongue sticking out of her mouth or with duck lips (poochy lips)...and you left out all the "like"s.

"Giiiirrrllll, like, I's takin' a (notice I left the n off) epic selfie that was sure to be, like, iconic, but, like, baby bro done slipped in and, like, photobombed me, and now it's, like, done gone viral!" (although I have to admit, I rarely - if ever - have seen captions like you've quoted using "big" words like epic and iconic." and...LOL. heh

• Members

Another term we hear non-stop during the election cycle is "progressive"... as if it's a good thing.  I have primary progressive multiple sclerosis. The "progress" of the ungodly liberal ideology can be likened to the progress of my type of MS.   They are both advancing, but in a destructive fashion, and there's not one good thing about either "progression". 

• Members

"Baby daddy" and "baby mama"

I hear this all the time at work..."My baby daddy was supposed to pay that bill."

Never fails to set my teeth on edge and want to strangle them. I'm ashamed to say even one of my acquaintances (friend of a friend) uses this terminology. Just "ex" works for me as a replacement, I'm not picky!

For those who wouldn't know - a baby daddy or baby mama is the other parent of your child whom you have likely never been married too and possibly never even dated. So you refer to them in a nails on a chalkboard shortened form of "my baby's mama/daddy".

• Members

Some years ago I went to Wales for a few days and every other word was like, except they pronounced it loik, or perhaps loyk..

Edited by Invicta