• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Has Online Baptist become Reformed?

• Members
24 minutes ago, MountainChristian said:

saw this ad

2016-04-26.png

Followed the link to http://www.trinityreformedpres.com/

Just looks like one of them pop up ads at the top to me? I think any sites members go to magically appear in the pop up ad thing at the top....it is sorcery and of the devil...;)

So, that said, you have been doing some exploring huh MC?

Edited by wretched

• Members

Yeah...I don't think Matt has any control over the ads...and Wretched is right that some of the ads will reflect your browsing habits; however, I don't know if that's the case 100% of the time.

Depending on your web browser, you can always install the extension Adblock Plus. I know it's available on Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera. Midori has its own built in adblocker. With Adblock Plus, I don't see any of those Satanic Signs, Hell Heralds, Devil Diviners, Luciferian Lies, Demonic Deceptions, Bogus Beguilers, Phony Portents, Sinful Swindlers...I mean...ads. :)

I do know that a lot of websites depend on ads for revenue...so disabling the ads with Adblock Plus on your browser could have an adverse effect to Online Baptist if the ads do provide any revenue that allows Matt to keep it going. Not saying that's the case; it could also be part of whatever "package" is used for Online Baptist...you know...if you only pay "this much", there will be ads, but if you pay "THIS MUCH", your site will be ad-free.

• Members
10 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Depending on your web browser, you can always install the extension Adblock Plus. I know it's available on Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera.

I do not get these adds; for as Brother McWhorter gave counsel, I use Adblock Plus.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

The ads seem to be based on keywords it find in the posts.  There was a discussion some time ago on the Worldwide Church of God and I got many ads for the Continuing Church of God for days after, until I installed AdBlock.  Some sites won't let you on tho them unless you disable it.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Today I see an ad for Pepto Bismol, which is weird since I never use it, nor have I looked at it. Usually I get ads for ukuleles or stuff like that. They customize for each person, or according to maybe the various posts we are looking at.

But......you post about things you like to eat that could conceivably bring on a need for Pepto Bismol.  hah!  GOTCHA!