• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dr. Peter S. Ruckman past away today.

• Members
Dr. Peter S. Ruckman past away today.

Dr. Peter S. Ruckman (November 19, 1921 -April 21, 2016) received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Alabama and finished his formal education with six years of training at Bob Jones University (four full years and two accelerated summer sessions), completing requirements for the Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy degree.

Reading at a rate of seven hundred words per minute, Dr. Ruckman had managed to read about 6,500 books before receiving his doctorate at an average of a book each day.

Dr. Ruckman stands for the absolute authority of the Authorized Version and offers no apology to any recognized scholar anywhere for his stand. In addition to preaching the gospel and teaching the Bible, Dr. Ruckman has produced a comprehensive collection of apologetic and polemic literature and resources supporting the authority of the Authorized Version of the Holy Scriptures.

Edited by John Young
Added a link for the funeral information

• Members

Thank you for bringing the news of Dr. Ruckman's passing away.

In the arena  of the defense of the Authorized Version, and his knowledge of Biblical manuscripts, and his firm stand for the authority of the scriptures, Dr. Ruckman was used of God in a mighty way.

"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21

Bro. Ruckman has laid his armor down, fought his last battle, and, as a bloodied soldier, entered into the presence of the Captain of his Salvation; the Lord Jesus. 

• Members

Well, I hope the fella was saved the bible's way.  He's done much damage to the cause of Christ with his dozens of heresies and false gospels and poor attitude and unscriptural conduct.  It is my hope that his movement fades quickly with his passing.  

• Members

Pretty rough, Swathdiver, being so close to his passing - but I didn't really care for his attitude either.

I know he cared less for some others. Regardless of what I thought about his 'ministry', his love for those who just didn't get his way of thinking was a gravel road of confusion from a man who tried EVERY WAY OF SALVATION until he got to our salvation. He tried them all, but 'settled' for the truth, but slammed those who 'weren't in the know' like he was. I was very disappointed as a young Christian in the late '80's, as I read his "Bulletin" for about 3 years. Very conspiratorial.

Prince and him, same day. 

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members
15 hours ago, Genevanpreacher said:

Pretty rough, Swathdiver, being so close to his passing - but I didn't really care for his attitude either.

I know he cared less for some others. Regardless of what I thought about his 'ministry', his love for those who just didn't get his way of thinking was a gravel road of confusion from a man who tried EVERY WAY OF SALVATION until he got to our salvation. He tried them all, but 'settled' for the truth, but slammed those who 'weren't in the know' like he was. I was very disappointed as a young Christian in the late '80's, as I read his "Bulletin" for about 3 years. Very conspiratorial.

Prince and him, same day. 

Ruckman went down an odd trail but it would seem there is far more chance of meeting him in heaven than Prince. As usual, every time a "star" dies it seems the masses are busy trying to convince themselves their "star" is in heaven. Not a shred of Bible-based evidence to support such a claim; as is also most often the case, but on and on goes the chatter of how they are now in heaven.

Both deaths should serve as a lesson for everyone that if a person wants to go to heaven they need to be born again in Christ...if they want others in heaven, they need to share the Gospel of salvation...and if we want to leave a clearly Christ-honouring legacy behind, we need to be sure the road we travel is based upon the Word and we are walking in His will.

• Members

"A message from Jack T. Chick about the passing of his
good friend and KJV Bible defender, Dr. Peter S. Ruckman" ~Rick Eme

John 15:13

I am in mourning over the loss of a dear friend. Fox Television cannot stop talking about a supposedly brilliant man formerly known as Prince. But one of the great generals of the 20th and 21st centuries died the same day, and there isn't a peep from the media.

We had many things in common. Both of us were sign painters. Both of us were illustrators. And both of us were saved within a year of each other. We were on two sides of the continent, winning souls in different ways, but with faith in the same God and the same King James Bible. And both of us are hated by the same Christian leaders!

On the other hand, how could I have bonded with a guy with such a high IQ? But God used both of us in our different ways. God used him as a brilliant man, and me as an average cartoonist, both with a heart for the lost.

Right now, I imagine Pete's enemies are happy. Rome is certainly happy. The critics against the King James Bible are happy. But I'm not happy. He was one of a kind.

There are so many former students who have gone out into the mission field, who are grateful for Pete's encouragement and teaching, who are taking risks all over the world because of the investment Pete made in their lives, and the burden for the lost he shared with them. But I am sure they are still heavy-hearted about his leaving them.

You know, Pete always advertised three Chick tracts in every issue of the Bible Believers Bulletin. I never asked for it, but Pete always put them in. He was always encouraging to me, too, selling our tracts and books in his Bible Baptist Bookstore.

Pete has gone on to his reward, and I remain. But I will never forget Dr. Peter S. Ruckman. And no matter your opinion of him, you can't say you didn't know where he stood, for the Lord and for the King James Bible.

Your brother in Christ,

Jack T. Chick

• Members

SOME FINAL WORDS ON DR. RUCKMAN . . . ~ James L. Melton

Over the past few days, many of us have grown contemplative and have taken time to express our gratitude for the righteous warrior who fought so long and valiantly among us and was then called home to glory. If the following words appear too lofty and exaggerated, it is only to those who never knew him, never understood him or his calling, and never had their lives totally transformed by his instruction.

Peter Sturges Ruckman stood as a righteous giant among men and a choice instrument in the hand of God. His enduring devotion to our Lord Jesus Christ through the better part of seven decades saved sinners and strengthened saints by the thousands. In addition to being a beloved patriarch to his family and a faithful pastor to his church, to hungry Bible-believers the world over, Peter S. Ruckman was a Spirit-gifted preacher of God’s word, a theological genius, a master teacher, an accomplished artist, an exhaustive author, a champion of truth and a fearsome warrior.

Dr. Ruckman was put here to be a rock-solid leader for serious Christian soldiers, and we are exceptionally blessed and honored to have been counted worthy to receive his instruction. By the grace and goodness of God, much has been entrusted to us, so much shall be required of us. Doc’s war has ended, but we remain on the battlefield, and the hottest battles lie just ahead. May we renew our commitments to our Saviour, gain a fresh new zeal and vision, and then press onward. Bro. Ruckman fought the good fight and finished his course. By the grace of God, we must do the same.

“Be of good courage, and let us play the men for our people, and for the cities of our God: and the LORD do that which seemeth him good.” (II Sam. 10:12)

• Members

There is a guest book on the funeral home website for people to leave thoughts, stories, memories an condolences about Dr. Ruckman for his family. Please, If you post there be kind as it is for good memories for his family to cherish. He was not a perfect man and he taught several things I do not agree with but he was God's man, who was faithful to his calling, and our brother in Christ.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/DignityMemorial/guestbook.aspx?n=peter-ruckman&pid=179724493

• Members

John Young,

Thank you very much for letting us know about the Guest Book for Dr. Ruckman. I agree with your thoughts. I went ahead and sent a short message in the Guest Book.

I know how a lot of folks feel about Dr. Ruckman and understand their thoughts, reasonings, and concerns about some of his other views, life, and teachings.

I do though appreciate Dr. Ruckman's stand for the preservation of the scriptures and his stand for the scriptures in these last days of compromise concerning these corrupted new versions within the realm of the Laodicean Age we now live in.

May we have such courage to stand for the preservation of the scriptures, the Authorized Version, the King James Version of 1611, in these last days as Dr. Ruckman had. One day we will lay our armour down and stand before the Captain of our Salvation and give a detailed, verbal account of our love for the Lord and His Word.

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6 & 7

God bless.

Alan 

Edited by Alan
grammer

• Members

HUGH PYLE ON DR. RUCKMAN

Hugh Pyle, the man who led Dr. Ruckman to the Lord, had these words to offer in his 1997 autobiography . . .

“He had read thousands of books including Greek philosophy and French infidelity. With a photographic mind he could read a page while I was turning to it. He had a tremendous radio voice, could sing, and was a most amazing artist...Peter Ruckman already had a degree from the University of Alabama but he went on to Bob Jones the next Fall to get his Master’s and his Ph.D…When he preached for us in my pastorates he always inspired our people to love God and to hunger to know more of the Bible…He is a genius in many respects. Dr. Bob Jones, Sr., said that Ruckman was the most brilliant man ever to set foot on the campus.”

Dr. Hugh Pyle: The Time of My Life! Fort Pierce, Florida: Faith Baptist Church Publications, 1997, pp. 200-202.

• Moderators
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 0:29 PM, John81 said:

Ruckman went down an odd trail but it would seem there is far more chance of meeting him in heaven than Prince. As usual, every time a "star" dies it seems the masses are busy trying to convince themselves their "star" is in heaven. Not a shred of Bible-based evidence to support such a claim; as is also most often the case, but on and on goes the chatter of how they are now in heaven.

Both deaths should serve as a lesson for everyone that if a person wants to go to heaven they need to be born again in Christ...if they want others in heaven, they need to share the Gospel of salvation...and if we want to leave a clearly Christ-honouring legacy behind, we need to be sure the road we travel is based upon the Word and we are walking in His will.

I said something very similar to this on Facebook and got cussed out, by my own brother-in-law, no less!  And somewhat rebuked by some Christians, though some others supported it. Granted no one had anything to say about Peter Ruckman, but mostly concerning Prince. Everyone assumes he's off the glory because he claimed, as a JW, to be a 'conservative Christian'. "O, Jesus needed you in heaven!" Psht! And I agree with you, John-Ruckman went to some strange places, but I do believe he was saved. Solomon, empowered with more wisdom from God than anyone before or since, still went where he didn't belong. And his father, David, committed MURDER!, but still repented and loved the Lord and was accepted. I may disagree with some of Ruckman's teachings, but I don't doubt his love for and faith in Jesus Christ, and no one can dispute his stand for the word of God.