• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Instrumental music

Antonio

• Members

Love "The William Tell Overture"...and attempt to play it on the piano...

When our children were pre-teens, we would all gather together and listen to symphonies such as Alan posted.  We all listened very carefully and tried to imagine what the story was behind the song...and then shared our own "versions" with each other afterwards.  It was a fun family thing to do and gave all of us an appreciation for music.  It is also a wonderful thing to read the history that is behind the writing of many hymns.

Edited by WellWithMySoul
Addition of comment

• Members

As concerning, "Anime." I generally do not enjoy anime.

4 hours ago, Antonio said:

One song I like is Mezase One Piece

At the beginning of this post is an example of, "Mezase - One Piece."

2 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

You might try this...

https://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Several months ago NN recommended www.abidingradio.org . It is a very good internet Christian radio station and I also recommend it.

Alan

• 1 year later...
  • Members
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:04 PM, Antonio said:

Is it alright if I listen to orchestral or instrumental music?

Of course it is alright to listen to orchestral or instrumental music. What a stupid question. Just like there is nothing wrong with listening to Country Music that is wholesome such as songs about cowboys and the old west, about farm life and Country Gospel Music. And there is nothing wrong with listening to Hawaiian Music or Easy Listening Music like Bing Crosby, Perry Como, Nat King Cole, The Mills Brothers, Jim Nabors, the Gospel Music of Elvis Presley.

• Members
3 minutes ago, HappyChristian said:

Tone it down. It was not a stupid question and you would be wise to refrain from that kind of rhetoric. 

Now just what made you believe that it would not be alright to listen to orchestral and instrumental music? I am a Born Again believer and I would have never believed that it is not alright to listen to orchestral and instrumental music.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, John Yurich said:

Now just what made you believe that it would not be alright to listen to orchestral and instrumental music? I am a Born Again believer and I would have never believed that it is not alright to listen to orchestral and instrumental music.

Nice deflection. Just what made you believe that I thought it would not be alright to listen? If you pay attention to posters' names, you will see that I am not the one who posted the original question. I am, however, a moderator. And it was in that mode which I told you not to be labeling questions as stupid. I'm glad you are a born again believer...remember that Christ enjoins us to speak with grace.