• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayers for a childhood friend

• Members

Hello

I have this childhood male friend that i grew up with (dated once and awhile) however , i recently reconnected with him a few years back, we touched base and started to being friends but all sudden he changed on me, he would not attend my father's funeral and says he didn't want to see me again.  I need to ask for prayers for his salvation God knows his name but i would like to ask for prayers for him. He doesn't understand why I wanted a friendship still and he says he moved on with his life because  i am too religous and crazy and all..

• Members
17 hours ago, Blessed Christian Wife said:

Hello

I have this childhood male friend that i grew up with (dated once and awhile) however , i recently reconnected with him a few years back, we touched base and started to being friends but all sudden he changed on me, he would not attend my father's funeral and says he didn't want to see me again.  I need to ask for prayers for his salvation God knows his name but i would like to ask for prayers for him. He doesn't understand why I wanted a friendship still and he says he moved on with his life because  i am too religous and crazy and all..

This is an odd post Ma'am. Since noone has the benefit of background in this situation it reads like a fleshly relationship you restarted with a man who is not your husband.

That is where the confusion came in and I read it the same way. Please don't be offended, I am simply telling you how your post reads and nothing more.

Were you witnessing to this man frequently during your reunion time or was it just a worldly friendship? If you were witnessing then you don't need any help understanding why he wants nothing to do with you. The world will hate you just as they hated Christ if you are living for Him.

Beg God for this man's soul as explained in Luke chapter 11 and let him stay away is my recommendation.

3 hours ago, Blessed Christian Wife said:

if I wasn't a Christian wife why would my profile name be titled Christian wife?     My husband and I wanted to minister to this Man , but he decieved me with lies and mind games.

Platonic friendships don't have lies and mind games by enlarge so this post also is confusing. Just so you know :)

• Members
4 hours ago, wretched said:

This is an odd post Ma'am. Since noone has the benefit of background in this situation it reads like a fleshly relationship you restarted with a man who is not your husband.

That is where the confusion came in and I read it the same way. Please don't be offended, I am simply telling you how your post reads and nothing more.

Were you witnessing to this man frequently during your reunion time or was it just a worldly friendship? If you were witnessing then you don't need any help understanding why he wants nothing to do with you. The world will hate you just as they hated Christ if you are living for Him.

Beg God for this man's soul as explained in Luke chapter 11 and let him stay away is my recommendation.

Platonic friendships don't have lies and mind games by enlarge so this post also is confusing. Just so you know :)

Yes i agree, i kinda word things a wrong way, it was mixed i did have feelings for him but at the same time , i decided that i needed to control myself, i wanted this man part of my life because he was special too me knowing each other since were small kids, it just like a brother too me ... However , the way i explained too people about how i cared and loved him , people took it the wrong way...  I am just concerned about him decieving other woman like he was doing...    There are some things i can answer but , i would only do that through pm because some things happened that i prefer pms with it but, other then that i am concerned about this mans salvation.

• Members
1 hour ago, Blessed Christian Wife said:

Yes i agree, i kinda word things a wrong way, it was mixed i did have feelings for him but at the same time , i decided that i needed to control myself, i wanted this man part of my life because he was special too me knowing each other since were small kids, it just like a brother too me ... However , the way i explained too people about how i cared and loved him , people took it the wrong way...  I am just concerned about him decieving other woman like he was doing...    There are some things i can answer but , i would only do that through pm because some things happened that i prefer pms with it but, other then that i am concerned about this mans salvation.

I won't pry into it BCW and can see now some background. I recommend you just pray, pray and more pray and do nothing else at this point.

• Members

Turn this over to your husband.  Separate yourself from this man and avoid the dangers of being a stumbling block for all involved.  But by no means do not stop praying for his salvation.

I love the women in my local church.  Christian love for my brothers and sisters in Christ.  But I will not call them or even hug them as it is not appropriate in most cases.  All contact is with my wife by my side or in the presence of their husbands.  There is a line between what is good and bad and I want to be many, many feet away from that line on the good side of course!    

• 2 years later...