• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Rapture and Pregnancy Questions

• Members

This may seem a very strange question... and it pertains to unborn babies still in the womb at the rapture.

And I would like to PLEASE set a few parameters for responses, if I may:
Cuuld I please receive responses from those who:
1. Believe in a pre-trib rapture
2. Believe babies and children under the age of accountability go to heaven
3. Believe life begins at conception
4. Believe that Matthew 24:19 pertains to those in the tribulation (Israel, who are fleeing) and occurs AFTER they see the abomination of desecration by the antichrist in the temple (in the Holy of Holies).
    Note: Mat. 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
    16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
    17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
    18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
    19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
    (So we see that women are pregnant in the tribulation, still giving birth, still nursing infants... that's not the question)

I've often wondered when the rapture occurs, if babies still inside the womb will be raptured as well, not just as part of/along with the mother, but as an individual person???
(never mind the question of if they will have an "age" such as we think of age... as many of us have lost infants in miscarriages and have pondered that question separately).

### QUESTION #1: Please answer (having met the 4 parameters above) if you believe these unborn babies in the womb will be raptured as individuals.

### QUESTION #2: Now my next scenario is even stranger... it would pertain to an unsaved woman who is pregnant at the time of the rapture... do you think her baby be raptured from the womb?

I do hope some will answer... I cannot find scripture which directly answers (or even hints at an answer) to these 2 specific questions.

And PLEASE, I am hoping NOT to have a debate on the age of accountability, nor the timing of the rapture, nor Matthew 24.
I've already settled those things in my heart, and believe firmly in all 3 areas.
But I am hoping some will answer, since I know there are several members here who do meet the parameters (#1-#4 above) in belief to answer (if they will).

Thank you for you time!

• Members

Dear Rosie, Thanks, I also had hoped to hear an answer or maybe there was something biblical I missed. Maybe some things we just have to wait to find out when we get there. I actually was hoping there would be some scripture to consider in regard to this though. 

• Members

I have pondered and prayed about my response to these questions.  In the early 1980's I "lost" two babies, and in 2008 I "lost" my granddaughter.  I believe that they are with my Lord Jesus.  It is very comforting to know that they are safe with Him.  Over the years I have been blessed with a couple of verses that confirm their presence with the Lord...but I'm a little slow remembering the references.  God's "character" and other principles in the Word also give me confidence.  Again without references off the top, I also believe that babies in the womb will also be whisked away and caught up to meet Jesus in the air.

• Members

Dear "Well With My Soul",  Thank you for the input :)

I have also lost 2 babies by miscarriage many years ago. I am confidant they are with the Lord. I don't even have any doubt about that at all. I also can't bring all the scripture off the top of my head right now, but I know there was plenty of scriptural support for that and much comfort as well in scripture there, so that question (to me) is settled.  

But this question (about babies still in the womb) is a lot more puzzling. I could even say I felt pretty sure that an unborn baby in a saved believers' womb would be caught up also. But as for a baby in the womb of an unsaved woman, I have difficulty trying to figure that one out... 

• Moderators

Though I am pre-trib, I am curious as to why someone who is mid-trib or pre-wrath (not always the same time frame) would be excluded from the answer considering that any perceived effect would be the same regardless of timing withing the 7 years (only someone who believes in NO rapture would not view a possibility that the question postulated in the OP is valid.)

• Members

Dear OFP,  My reasoning for excluding the mid-trib/pre-wrath (and yes you are correct, not always the same time frame) positions are thus: The position of Matthew 24:19 could come into the answer in either of those circumstances (depending upon their exact timing of rapture). If it were of a position anywhere during the tribuation time frame, this could come into play in the answer:

(I Believe that Matthew 24:19 pertains to those in the tribulation (Israel, who are fleeing) and occurs AFTER they see the abomination of desecration by the antichrist in the temple (in the Holy of Holies).
    Note: Mat. 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
    16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
    17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
    18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
    19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
    (So we see that women are pregnant in the tribulation, still giving birth, still nursing infants... that's not the question)

Thank you... OFP, since you admit you meet the parameters, would you care to opine on the questions?

Edited by Ronda
spelling

• Members

I found one of the verses that has been a blessing concerning this -  David is referring to his child that died in II Sam. 12 - "But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me" (II Sam. 12:23).  Is. 7:15-16 are also worthy of considering - "Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good. * For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest  shall be forsaken of both her kings."

In my above post I mentioned "God's character" and principles.  The more that I read the Word, the more that I not only hear it but also try to obey it, and the closer that I grow in my walk with the dear Saviour....the more familiar I become with His thoughts and ways.  Of course, they are much higher than mine will ever be as it says in Isaiah 55...but the more that He progressively conforms me into His likeness...the more that I draw nigh to Him, then the more He draws nigh to me.  Since the Lord is never contradictive, never inconsistent, but always the same  ("Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever" - Heb. 13:8), then as I walk with Him loving Him with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength (the best I can)... the more that I then can recognize His ways/character.  I John 4:16 speaks of how "God is love", and He clearly holds "children" in a special place in His heart ("But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Mt. 19:14).  I dearly do not want to take any verses out of context, and I certainly don't want to make them of any private interpretation...but I do believe that these verses illuminate a lot of God's character to us.

In response to the difficulty you've mentioned having as far as babies being whisked away from unbelieving women...even though the baby is developing within the womb...it is still an individual life that...as you said...began at conception.  I'm struggling to verbalize my thoughts...so summing it up overall...the spiritual status of the mother does not determine the status of the child.

• Members
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:39 PM, Ronda said:

### QUESTION #1: Please answer (having met the 4 parameters above) if you believe these unborn babies in the womb will be raptured as individuals.

### QUESTION #2: Now my next scenario is even stranger... it would pertain to an unsaved woman who is pregnant at the time of the rapture... do you think her baby be raptured from the womb?

Have been incredibly short on time here lately but wanted to throw a buck and quarter into these questions.

1. I say absolutely yes for obvious reasons.

2. I say no but not absolutely. I believe those children will be given their shot at faith in God once they can judge repentance in their own hearts at a certain age. either during the tribulation or the millennium if they survive the trib. If they don't survive the tribulation, they certainly will not be in hell.

I think the evidence Wellwithsoul gave is proof positive in my mind that children under the jewish age of accountability (my addition) are safe and cannot repent. Our Lord Himself did not demonstrate "Spiritual" awareness or self awareness until this age.

I have 2 schools of thought and both are in keeping with God's nature as He has revealed to us cover to cover:

-Children are inherently instilled with both the sin nature and the purest form of human faith. The standard by which God measures true faith by the way

-loddy, doddy, everybody gets a chance in some form or another from the Lord as Romans reveals without mincing words. Those not of age nor those mentally handicapped (never coming to age mentally) are not accountable for their souls not being given the chance to believe that God is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. 

If those who have not become aware yet or those incapable of repentance or Spiritual awareness were condemned to an eternity in hell without being given any chance whatsoever then Romans 1:18-22 is a lie.

Jury is still out on whether these young ones (body or mind) are given glorified bodies and will exist in the new Jerusalem or not. Perhaps the Lord has had some other plan or place in Heaven for them but it is certainly clear to me that we will see those again as God wrote through David.

Lately I am starting to believe Heaven is filled far more with these types than "born again" adults, based on the state of lukewarm professing believers.

I think "saved" people everywhere had better search their own souls and make sure they are in the faith. If we look and act lukewarm to the things of eternity then we are lukewarm. And God makes it pretty clear that no one lukewarm is truly saved. He would rather we be atheistic heathen than religious acting frauds sometimes during the week (cold vs lukewarm reference) I think the cold will be judged less harshly than the lukewarmers in hell.

Edited by wretched

• Members
11 hours ago, Christ Follower said:

I beleive the answer you are looking for is in Romans 9.

Not from the aspect of generality.

Romans 9 demonstrates specific instances where God moved, raised up or put down a person or specific group of people.

It does not convince me one bit that this applies to the average joe.

Most importantly however is the context, if you keep reading the chapter at the end God reveals that all were still given the opportunity of choice. He of course knew what they would choose and then hardened them even more to prove His points.

• Members
21 hours ago, wretched said:

Lately I am starting to believe Heaven is filled far more with these types than "born again" adults, based on the state of lukewarm professing believers.

I think "saved" people everywhere had better search their own souls and make sure they are in the faith. If we look and act lukewarm to the things of eternity then we are lukewarm. And God makes it pretty clear that no one lukewarm is truly saved. He would rather we be atheistic heathen than religious acting frauds sometimes during the week (cold vs lukewarm reference) I think the cold will be judged less harshly than the lukewarmers in hell.

Dear Wretched, thank you for your input also! And I say amen to the above statement.  There are over a million babies aborted in the United states ALONE now. There are also many miscarriages which occur. Childhood illnesses are again on the rise, including terminal illnesses such as cancer, whooping cough, scarlet fever, and many other various fatal conditions. If we take the global numbers into account of all babies and young children who die (or are murdered) each year, the numbers are staggering. So yes, I do agree, it's possible that there are now more babies/children who are entering heaven than those adults who are actually accepting Christ now. 

11 hours ago, Christ Follower said:

I beleive the answer you are looking for is in Romans 9.

I've considered Romans 9 from this aspect:

Rebecca was pregnant for twins (Jacob and Esau). They were both in her womb. God foretold that the elder would serve the younger. And that came to pass (as God's prophetic word always does and always will). God had already chosen Jacob in the womb (Jacob have I loved and Esau have I hated) Neither had done any good or bad right or wrong, yet God had already chosen Jacob as the elect. 

I think it would be an error to try to compare this situation to the scenario (question #2) I brought forth. We don't have a "saved" woman and an "unsaved" woman in this scenario (of Jacob and Esau), we see something different here. These were in the same womb (Rebecca's). And an entirely different reason for God choosing Jacob.  

• Members

I understand your concern Ronda for your question. I am coming from a different perspective, I'm a partial preterist, historic pre-mil, reformed leaning independent baptist. I understand I am in the minority here. But I want you to focus on God's graciousness and his mercy and perfect will. Romans 8:28 speaks of God's grace and his provinential will. All things, that's all things are under his care and guidance. His perfect will, will be done.

• Members

With regard to anything Scripture doesn't speak specifically to we should remember God doesn't have to speak to every point. No matter the issue, whether we agree with Him or not, can we not trust God to do what is right in all matters?

As Deuteronomy 29:29 inform us, God keeps some things to Himself but He reveals to us what is most important and necessary for us to know that we may rightly live for Him. It's our duty to do as He commands and trust Him with the outcome of all things.