• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Moderators

We have a meeting coming up (@ our church) and Musician4God offered to video it. 2 of the expected preachers won't be able to make it and I offered to get the video to them. As a result, I'm experimenting with the "new toy" and ya'll get to be my guinea pigs. Yeah, yeah, I know -- "Now a moderator called us swine!". Anyway, it took me about a month to learn how to get a picture on OB so now I'll try a video from a Wed. night "special".

Input as to if it played acceptably (audio volume, video clarity, etc.) appreciated. Snide comments not exactly un-anticipated.

Midd_Special.mp4

Okay, my first attempt was a flop. Any of the "tech savvy" mind telling me how to get the actual video on here?

• Administrators

OFP. I am no wiz at this stuff, but I think the problem is that you posted it as a file, meaning the file is on your computer, not on the net. You may have to upload it to something like YouTube and then provide a link to it.

• Moderators

Attempt #2

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/157932974?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Okay, I found the embed code -- can anyone explain how I can get the video itself in the post so folks don't have to copy and paste? I've seen it done on OB before.

Although I just found out that copy/paste won't get you from here to there after all.

I did succeed in getting on the church Faceplant, er, uh -- Facebook account.

• Members
9 minutes ago, OLD fashioned preacher said:

Thanks, after church tonight I'll try to see if I can stumble into making sense out of that and attempt to replicate it through action.

I should have explained a little more...the iframe embed code is for...let's say your church has a website, and you wanted to put that video on your church's website...you'd use the iframe embed code to do that.

To put the video here on the forum, there are two options...see if the picture will help...

1. Copy what's in the address bar and paste that here on the forum

...or...

2. Click "Share", copy the address link that appears, and paste that here on the forum.

Screenshot_2016-03-06_19-57-44.thumb.png

Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Members

Ah...I see in the iframe code, that you're using vimeo instead of Youtube?

If so, it works the same. Copy what's in the address bar, and paste it here on the forum.

...or...

Click the Share button under the video (that will open a small window on your screen), and copy the Link option, then paste it here on the forum...

Screenshot_2016-03-06_20-20-13.thumb.png

Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Members

On my phone, it says...

Private Video 

Looks like you must have the video set as a private video. It's been a while since I had a vimeo acct., and I can't remember how to get to the video's settings to make it public instead of it being a private video.

Edited by No Nicolaitans