• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why are Christians voting for Donald Trump?

• Members

In the OT God chose Moses, a murderer

In the NT Jesus chose Paul, a murderer.

In the OT he chose Josiah and Cyrus and named them long before they were born,

He chose Jacob over Esau, Jeremiah from his mother's womb, Jonah to go to Ninevah,  

Jesus chose the 12 apostles, none declined his call.

• Members
On Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Ronda said:

No free will you say? Free will is (in part) the ability to make a choice. God gave plenty of choices for people (after Adam and before Christ's perfect work on the cross) in the OT. They had a CHOICE (of their own individual free will) to make.
In Joshua, He was telling them they can either CHOOSE to serve the Lord or CHOOSE to serve false "gods".
In Deuteronomy He gave them a choice between life and death, blessings or curses, and the end result would be because of the CHOICE they made.
In Proverbs, He let's them know that they had a CHOICE either to fear God or not!

All throughout the OT there are free will CHOICES... and each choice had consequences. 

Joshua 24:15 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve..."

Deuteronomy 30:19 "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live"

Proverbs 1:29 "For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord"

Proverbs 3:31 "Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways."

Isaiah 56:4, Isaiah 65:12, the verses above,  and many other verses let us know that God DID give them free will choices!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now in reference to your statement "only a born again believer" has free will???

Matthew 10:32-33 "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven." "But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven"
*There are plenty of "whossoever will" verses throughout the NT.

Revelation 22:17 "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

John 3:16-18
16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
17 "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

EVERYONE (prior to believing and accepting Christ, and prior to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit) has a choice to make. The biggest and MOST important choice and decision of their lives on earth.
To CHOICE to believe and accept Christ OR the CHOICE to disbelieve and reject Christ. 
That requires FREE WILL and mankind HAS free will. 

If you still want to say that: "Only Adam and a born again person while walking in the Spirit will have free will"????
then you have to throw out ALL of those Bible verses (and MANY others as well).
BUT the CHOICE is yours because God gave YOU free will also.

I think I might have been slipping into my old Calvinistic theology there without thinking about it. I should be more careful . grand daughter.... arghhh

• Members
2 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

@Old-Pilgrim: Please note that I said move the topic of angels/free will to  another thread. This is the third - and last - time I will mention it.

Just noticed there sorry. My concentration isn't that great. I guess I could call the new thread Rabbit Trail.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Old-Pilgrim said:

Just noticed there sorry. My concentration isn't that great. I guess I could call the new thread Rabbit Trail.

:D That would be a unique name for the thread - and could really go in a lot of directions. Thanks - apology accepted and quite understood! I've been fuzzy lately myself. :sick:

• Members
4 hours ago, MountainChristian said:

I bet the latest terror attacks will help Trump win the election.

In some ways it make me think of the late night documentaries about how the financial downfall was predicted by the Nazis so when it occurred people voted them into offices in Democratic Germany.   

I've read several articles this morning touching upon this. Most polls indicate Trump receives high marks for being the one most trusted with regards to immigration, economics and national security. These most recent attacks, coupled with the many warnings of potential future attacks may gain him more votes in the primaries.

How this may play out come the general election may depend upon what's been going on in the weeks closest to the election. American voters tend to have short memories.

While I understand the reasons given for such, Cruz may have really hurt himself with the voters he really needed by getting closer to the establishment camp. A number of Cruz supporters have abandoned him over his willingness to get entangled with these people. Close to home, only one ardent Cruz supporter is still backing him after this.

• Administrators

This is an interesting revelation.

WHAT GO’ES AROUND, COMES BACK AROUND

It Is ILLEGAL To Protest At Campaign Rallies (H.R. 347, Signed by Obama Feb. 2012)

According to H.R. 347 (signed into law by Barack Hussein Obama in February, 2012) it is ILLEGAL under CURRENT FEDERAL to protest of any type, in an area under protection by the U.S. Secret Service.
Because Donald Trump is under Secret Service Protection (as is Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders) and has been since November of 2015, it is a FEDERAL CRIME to protest at campaign rallies, and is in fact, punishable by imprisonment.

Free Speech isn't covered at ANY Trump, Clinton, Sanders (or Cruz, Rubio, Kasich) rally because protests are considered to be "knowingly impeding or disrupting the orderly conduct of an official Federal function."
Until Donald Trump's Secret Service protection is revoked, Trump can legally kick protesters out of his rallies no matter what they do.
Link to H.R. 347 As Signed by President Barack Hussein Obama:

• Members

Talk about jumping ship. I found out today a man who was supporting Cruz has determined he can no longer support him because of his growing establishment connections (he was especially upset about his Jeb Bush connections) so he is now supporting Bernie Sanders for president!:o