• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How to get right with God and not go to Hell when you die.

• Members

I've been working on a soulwinning script for a church event flyer and figured I would share it. If you want to use it, feel free to use it as is or modify it to fit your needs.

You must have Saving Faith According to God's Word.

The Bible is a consistent record of eye witness accounts to God’s working with mankind spanning over 6,000 years. According to the Bible, Salvation is granted by God’s grace through faith. This faith is what we express when we Repent and Believe on Christ (His Works and Righteousness)(Romans 3:21-26). It is needed for Salvation from Hell and entrance into God’s love and Heaven. (Christ is Greek word for “messiah” which is the Hebrew word for “anointed by God” scripture teaches He is the only man to have been born from God's very own Spirit (John 1:1-18, John 3:16-17)).

Repent basically means “to turn and forsake”. Most people trust in their own works or goodness to get them into Heaven. The bible’s message to people is to turn by forsaking your own abilities and to trusting in God’s way to Heaven. To get to Heaven we repent to God and believe on the works of His Son Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21) by “Calling on the name of the LORD” (Romans 10:6-13). We call out to God and tell Him that we will follow His way only.

The moment we call out to God and commit ourselves to Him alone He will send us His Holy Spirit (Romans 8:11, 14-17). When the Holy Spirit enters us it will quicken (make alive) our spirit and make us God’s Child. This is called being born again (John 3). God’s children cannot go to Hell and will go to Heaven no matter what they do. If they sin later God will chastise them until they repent of the sin but they will not ever again be in danger of Hell (Psalms 89:26-34).

It is the job of every Christian to follow God’s Word in the way Jesus Christ showed us. The closer we follow God’s Word the more He sanctifies us and makes us holy (1 Peter 1:15, Ephesians 5:25-27).

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out.

Psalm 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

(After Salvation your next step in following Christ is Baptism and joining a Bible believing church)

Edited by John Young
spelling and grammar

• Members
4 hours ago, John Young said:

I've been working on a soulwinning script for a church event flyer and figured I would share it. If you want to use it, feel free to use it as is or modify it to fit your needs.

You must have Saving Faith According to God's Word.

The Bible is a consistent record of eye witness accounts to God’s working with mankind spanning over 6,000 years. According to the Bible Salvation is granted by God’s grace through faith. This faith is what we express when we Repent and Believe on Christ (His Works and Righteousness)(Romans 3:21-26). It is needed for Salvation from Hell and entrance into God’s love and Heaven. (Christ is Greek word for “messiah” which is the Hebrew word for “anointed by God” scripture teaches He is the only man to have been born from God's very own Spirit (John 1:1-18, John 3:16-17)).

Repent basically means “to turn and forsake”. Most people trust in their own works or goodness to get them into Heaven. The bible’s message to people is to turn by forsaking your own abilities and to trusting in God’s way to Heaven. To get to Heaven we repent to God and believe on the works of His Son Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21) by “Calling on the name of the LORD” (Romans 10:6-13). We call out to God and tell Him that we will follow His way only.

The monument we call out to God and commit ourselves to Him alone He will send us His Holy Spirit (Romans 8:11, 14-17). When the Holy Spirit enters us it will quicken (make alive) our spirit and make us God’s Child. This is called being born again (John 3). God’s children cannot go to Hell and will go to Heaven no matter what they do. If they sin later God will chastise them until they repent of the sin but they will not ever again be in danger of Hell (Psalms 89:26-34).

It is the job of every Christian to follow God’s Word in the way Jesus Christ showed us. The closer we follow God’s Word the more He sanctifies us and makes us holy (1 Peter 1:15, Ephesians 5:25-27).

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out. Psalm 116:13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

(After Salvation your next step in following Christ is Baptism and joining a Bible believing church)

I like it and I believe the Lord does too: No cheap sales gimmicks.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

it seems to me like it could be stronger on explaining sin. It just seems like your telling them they are going to hell without Jesus but not really explaining why. I think this is one of the big problems with many Gospel tracts today, so quick to talk about Jesus and the cross without first laying the foundation of the reality of sin and judgment.

Note how much time Paul spends dealing with sin before bringing out the truth of justification by faith in the Book of Romans.

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Members

Good point Brother Kurecki, I think I can work in a short explanation before the repent paragraph about how sin cut us off from the Spirit of God and keeps us from God and that nothing can restore us except faith in Christ who was our sin payment through his death burial and resurrection. I would like to mention the shed blood as well....The difficulty is that there is only so much space on a flyer!

• 1 month later...
  • Members
I updated the soul winning script for our church flyers a bit and here is the new result. Any suggestions for improving it are greatly appreciated.

How to be Saved by God from Sin and Hell.

According to the Bible, wickedness is in the world because we are sinners who have forsaken God's way of life. One day God will destroy all sin by casting it into hell. It also says that salvation from sin and hell is granted by God’s grace through faith. Faith is what we express when we repent (turn back) to God and believe on Christ Jesus. Particularly that, through Christ, the full price was paid for our sin. (Romans 3:21-26, Acts 20:21)

The Bible’s message is that God made it possible to transfer sin to Christ so that we are not destroyed with it in Hell. When we express our faith by “Calling on the name of the LORD”. We tell God that we are returning to Him and accept Christ's full payment for our sin. When God sees your faith He will transfer all your sin onto Christ. (Romans 10:6-13, Matthew 26:28, Hebrews 9:22, 1 Peter 2:24-25)

The moment we call out to God and commit ourselves in faith, He will also send us His Holy Spirit to guide us (Romans 8:11, 14-17). When the Holy Spirit enters us He will quicken (make alive) our spirit and make us God’s Child. This is called being born again (John 3). He will then help us live Godly. God’s children cannot go to Hell and will go to Heaven no matter what they do. If they sin later, God will chastise them until they repent of the sin; but they will not ever again be in danger of Hell. (Psalms 89:26-34)

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out. (Acts 3:19)

I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. (Psalm 116:13)

After salvation the bible tells us to grow in faith by: being Baptized, learning and following His Word, and to join a Bible believing Christian church family (Acts 2:21,37-38,41-47)

It is the job of every Christian to follow God’s Word in the way Jesus Christ showed us. The closer we follow God’s Word the more He sanctifies us and makes us holy. While sin cannot take Believers to hell, it still hurts our walk with Christ. (1 Peter 1:15, Ephesians 5:25-27)

Edited by John Young

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On ‎2016‎年‎5‎月‎10‎日 at 5:08 PM, John Young said:

I updated the soul winning script for our church flyers a bit and here is the new result. Any suggestions for improving it are greatly appreciated.

Looks good so far; I have no suggestions. When you finished with the church flyer, if you feel led, let us see a copy.

Alan

• Members

I've attached a Microsoft .doc file of the flyer. If anyone wants to modify it for their own church use then please feel free. I can upload a pdf or other file formats latter if anyone wants a certain file format. They are two per page and can be tri-folded if needed at the end of the first paragraph.

Edgecliff Flyer.doc

Edited by John Young

• Members
18 hours ago, John Young said:

I've attached a Microsoft .doc file of the flyer. If anyone wants to modify it for their own church use then please feel free. I can upload a pdf or other file formats latter if anyone wants a certain file format. They are two per page and can be tri-folded if needed at the end of the first paragraph.

Edgecliff Flyer.doc

Don't think I have seen one as comprehensive to both the lost and saved folks; very well done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I believe that discipleship is separate from salvation which is why Jesus was commanding His disciples to teach new believers all that He has taught them.

The gospel is simple so that the only repentance that is called for is to repent from unbelief by believing in Him.

It is after this point  that new believers have power to repent from sins by trusting Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd in helping them run that race to lay aside every weight & sin by looking unto Jesus Christ Whom is our confidence in finishing what He has started in us to His glory & to the glory of God the Father.

If you notice sinners walking away from being asked to repent from all sins, it is because they are being honest in that they do not have power to repent from all sin when it is having dominion over their lives.  Thus they can only come to Jesus by surrendering & trusting Him as their Saviour to save them from their bondage to sin & to death.

By trusting Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd, they will get to know Him & the power of His resurrection when they place their confidence in Him to finish running that race for them in helping them to lay aside every weight & sin & they will find themselves following Him by the same grace of God they were saved by.

This is why little children are free to come to Jesus Christ for all they can do is trust Him at His word.  That is all any of us can do when sin has dominion over us.

So salvation is separate from discipleship, but both requires faith in the Son of God to not only be their Saviour, but their Good Shepherd as well.  It is when we are saved, we have received power to become sons of God.  John 1:12-13  Only then can they see the Son setting them free when they trust Him in being their Good Shepherd since He is in them and is with them always.  John 8:30-36  1 John 3:3,8  2 Timothy 4:18

The Lord has set me free from keeping my commitment to follow Him & all other religious bondages ( Galatians 5:1,5 ) to rest in the New Covenant & all His promises to me so that I no longer am doing the best I can, but trusting Him at His word as I am relying on Him all the time to help me to follow Him thus getting to know Him & the power of His resurrection.  It is the only way I can cease from my work and enter into that rest provided by Jesus:  Hebrews 4:1-3,9-11 & Matthew 11:28-30 & Philippians 1:6-11

Edited by Golgotha